From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.harry-potter,alt.fantasy,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.sf.misc
Subject: International Harry Potter Day
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 14:51:46 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Mon, 1 May 2023 17:21 UTC

Tomorrow (May 2) is International Harry Potter Day,
which marks the date on which Harry Potter conquered
Lord Voldemort. It is also US National Fire Day.

Today is Beltane (May 1), so I suggest you play
Loreena McKennitt's Huron `Beltane' Fire Dance,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2tYM2LZik .

My latest attempt to improve the world is described
on the thread "May Day, SOS" on alt.religion.druid
and includes a global binding of criminals.

The attempt began the night of April 29 and I hope
it will be complete by early May 2, and that period
includes the lunar phase of Yom Kippur (The Day of
Atonement) though of course it is not the correct
lunar month.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn�t blind me/I will walk into

Re: International Harry Potter Day

<ru02pA.Huz@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=533&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#533

Newsgroups: alt.fan.harry-potter,alt.fantasy,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.sf.misc
From: djheydt@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Subject: Re: International Harry Potter Day
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 22:05:34 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Mon, 1 May 2023 22:05 UTC

In article <dalton-2D39BE.14514601052023@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Dalton <dalton@nfld.com> wrote:
>Tomorrow (May 2) is International Harry Potter Day,
>which marks the date on which Harry Potter conquered
>Lord Voldemort. It is also US National Fire Day.
>
>Today is Beltane (May 1), so I suggest you play
>Loreena McKennitt's Huron `Beltane' Fire Dance,
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2tYM2LZik .
>
>My latest attempt to improve the world is described
>on the thread "May Day, SOS" on alt.religion.druid
>and includes a global binding of criminals.
>
>The attempt began the night of April 29 and I hope
>it will be complete by early May 2, and that period
>includes the lunar phase of Yom Kippur (The Day of
>Atonement) though of course it is not the correct
>lunar month.

(Hal Heydt)
May 1 is the anniversary of the event that launched the Society
for Creative Anachronism (SCA), though no one knew it at the
time, as it was intended to be a one-off party. The SCA counts
its years from May 1, 1966.

The West Kingdom of the SCA holds a coronation on the weekend
closest to 1 May (Beltane Coronation was over last weekend).

Dorothy and I picked our wedding date as to not conflict with SCA
events, so our anniversary was May 8. Were she still alive, next
Monday would be our 52nd anniversary.

>"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn�t blind me/I will walk into
>the fire until its heat doesn�t burn me/And I will feed the fire" (S. McL.)

Re: International Harry Potter Day

<0001HW.2A01D87B0006219E7000008AC38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=535&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#535

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.harry-potter, alt.fantasy, can.arts.sf, rec.arts.sf.written, rec.arts.sf.movies, rec.arts.sf.misc
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 21:17:07 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 2 May 2023 23:47 UTC

On May 1, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<dalton-2D39BE.14514601052023@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Tomorrow (May 2) is International Harry Potter Day,
> which marks the date on which Harry Potter conquered
> Lord Voldemort. It is also US National Fire Day.
>
> Today is Beltane (May 1), so I suggest you play
> Loreena McKennitt's Huron `Beltane' Fire Dance,
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2tYM2LZik .
>
> My latest attempt to improve the world is described
> on the thread "May Day, SOS" on alt.religion.druid
> and includes a global binding of criminals.

That failed, and I am trying again with some slight changes,
including that the timing is beginning this evening (International
Harry Potter Day, now three days before full moon) and
hopefully being complete by full moon (the closest
full moon to Beltane, and both full moon and Beltane
are auspicious for sexuality/marriage blessings, which
I a trying to bring about for many). You can follow my
progress on the thread “Full moon closest to Beltane”
on alt.religion.druid.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"My momma was a waitress; My daddy a truckdriver; The thing