Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's Question
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 00:53 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at 5:52:44 PM UTC-7, PAVELB1 wrote:
> From IMDB:
> "Marilyn Monroe was originally cast as Holly Golighty but her
> drama-coach, Lee Strasberg, said to her that playing a call-girl was
> not good for her new image."
> I haven't read the book, but i didn't get the impression from the
> movie she was a call girl.....a socialite and a woman who would take
> money from her suitors...but not nessecerily an out-an-out call girl.
> Is the novel more explicit about this?

Chatbot's BARD answer to the question: At the beginning of the movie "Brealfast at Tiffany's", why does Holly look into the Tiffany showcase window?

Holly Golightly, played by Audrey Hepburn, looks into the Tiffany & Co. showcase window at the beginning of the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for a number of reasons.

It's a reminder of her childhood. Holly grew up in poverty, and Tiffany's was a place she dreamed of going. She once told her friend, Paul, that "Tiffany's is always there, and it's always wonderful, and I never get tired of looking at it."

It represents her dreams for the future. Holly is a young woman with big dreams, and Tiffany's represents her hope for a better life. She wants to be rich and successful, and she sees Tiffany's as a symbol of that.

It's a place of peace and tranquility. Holly's life is often chaotic and stressful, but when she looks at the Tiffany's showcase window, she feels calm and peaceful. It's a place where she can escape from her troubles and simply enjoy the beauty of the moment.

It's a place of love. Holly is searching for love, and she sees Tiffany's as a place where she might find it. She once told Paul that "I think if I ever saw a diamond in the Tiffany window, I'd know right away if that was the man I was meant to marry."

In the end, Holly's love for Tiffany's is more than just a superficial appreciation for beauty. It's a symbol of her dreams, her hopes, and her search for love.