What good is it if you talk in flowers, and they think in pastry? -- Ashleigh Brilliant

arts / rec.arts.movies.past-films / Re: These Kids Today

SubjectAuthor
* These Kids TodayBill Anderson
`- These Kids TodaymoviePig

1
Re: These Kids Today

<bl-dnW6m8afeByH5nZ2dnZfqlJ9j4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5398&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5398

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: These Kids Today
From: billanderson@my-deja.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 03:10:59 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 03:10 UTC

Bill Anderson <billanderson@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Time passes. New generations come along. Last night I was visited by a
> 17-year-old and we were looking for a movie to watch and I asked, “have you
> ever seen THE SIXTH SENSE?”
>
> No.
>
> Seriously? The one about the kid who says, “I see dead people?”
>
> Never heard of it.
>
> So we watched and he was suckered and I was treated to a look of genuine
> astonishment on his face at the end.
>
> You mean…?
>
> Yeah, practically the whole time.
>
> “That was a great movie!”
>
> Growing old is generally proving to be a pain, but it appears that
> occasionally there’s fun to be had.

His classic movie education continues, and today we watched Laurel and
Hardy in “Sons of the Desert.” He did not just tolerate it to please me;
he genuinely loved it and laughed the whole way through, as did I. I had
told him as the movie began that they would likely use the phrase “now
here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into,” and that the phrase is
firmly entrenched in popular culture even today. It even turns up in the
new “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie. I wasn’t sure it was used in “Sons of
the Desert,“ but sure enough, there it was. Thanks, L&H, for a fun time
this afternoon.

Fortunately he has heard of the Three Stooges, so I don’t have to go there.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: These Kids Today

<GQevM.109492$U3w1.51558@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5400&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5400

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: pwallace@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:04:05 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 19:04 UTC

On 7/22/2023 11:10 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Bill Anderson <billanderson@my-deja.com> wrote:
>> Time passes. New generations come along. Last night I was visited by a
>> 17-year-old and we were looking for a movie to watch and I asked, “have you
>> ever seen THE SIXTH SENSE?”
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Seriously? The one about the kid who says, “I see dead people?”
>>
>> Never heard of it.
>>
>> So we watched and he was suckered and I was treated to a look of genuine
>> astonishment on his face at the end.
>>
>> You mean…?
>>
>> Yeah, practically the whole time.
>>
>> “That was a great movie!”
>>
>> Growing old is generally proving to be a pain, but it appears that
>> occasionally there’s fun to be had.
>>

> His classic movie education continues, and today we watched Laurel and
> Hardy in “Sons of the Desert.” He did not just tolerate it to please me;
> he genuinely loved it and laughed the whole way through, as did I. I had
> told him as the movie began that they would likely use the phrase “now
> here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into,” and that the phrase is
> firmly entrenched in popular culture even today. It even turns up in the
> new “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie. I wasn’t sure it was used in “Sons of
> the Desert,“ but sure enough, there it was. Thanks, L&H, for a fun time
> this afternoon.
>
> Fortunately he has heard of the Three Stooges, so I don’t have to go there.

Not even for "B-I-Bicky-Bye"?