Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 03:50:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Help with Bihag Bada Khayal Lyrics
From: sundeep.dougal@gmail.com (Sundeep Dougal)
 by: Sundeep Dougal - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 11:50 UTC

I am sorry for butting into this thread, mainly because there was a mention of "अब तो रट लागी लागी मोरी"

Briefly, I am looking for the lyrics in this recording of BGAK's Bihagda.

Since this thread has people conversant with BGAK, I thought I would take the liberty of posting this query here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79ii9_sD3c

In this recording, the first bandish is clear enough (though this too is not in Mati Gilani/Quratulain Hyder book):

हे चन्दा छुप जा
चाँदनी तोरी मन को दुखाये
सगरी रैन मोरी तरपत बीती
सबरंग पिया बिन
कछू ना भाये

It is in the second part, from about 27:45 onwards that I can't make out any of the words, other than the phrase from the popular "अब तो रट लागी लागी मोरी" in Bihag but the rest of it is mostly a variation on "kamal ban...something something" "is paapi ko...something".

I would be grateful for any help.

With regards,
Sundeep