Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honour. -- Proverbs 18:12

arts / rec.music.indian.classical / Re: Word formatting Indian classical music

SubjectAuthor
* Word formatting Indian classical musicArsh Singh
`- Word formatting Indian classical musicRajarshi Rit

1
Re: Word formatting Indian classical music

<f61f48b8-79fd-4567-9ed2-d2244b4e8a0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=532&group=rec.music.indian.classical#532

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 10:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Word formatting Indian classical music
From: arshsinghphd@gmail.com (Arsh Singh)
 by: Arsh Singh - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 17:26 UTC

Are you familiar with latex?

If you are not please look at this doc from Boston University:
https://www.bu.edu/math/files/2013/08/ShortTeX3.pdf.
This (other) doc describes typesetting of Hindustani/Carnatic music in Latex:
https://www.tenor-conference.org/proceedings/2022/TENOR_2022_paper_21.pdf

I can be reached directly by email at my email address if you want to discuss this further.

Best,
Arsh

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 4:14:54 PM UTC-7, rajars...@gmail.com wrote:
> There are a few software that can format notation in Bhatkhande format.
> But is there any plug in that can format Bhatkhande notation in MS Word and/or OpenDocument wth other kind of text such as discussions?
>
> I have tried the math input tool and the draw table tool but I m getting messy result.
> The special characters overlapping with Swars, also when I am exporting the document as PDF or mhtml the notations and table properties getting badly changed.
>
> One of most troublsome issue is to sketching the Alankaras with typographic ligature over more than two swaras.
>
> Is there available Word plug in that can resolve thede issues? can we develop new plug in or can we improve existing apps so that the notations can be combined with ordinary texts?
>
> And is there any commands or libraries for LaTex and other markdown languages that can render Indian music notation?
>
> Is there any Indian notation feature in DTP softwares like like in SCRIBUS and COREL etc?

Re: Word formatting Indian classical music

<fcf0502e-c10a-4e10-b7d3-101dec2b9358n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=543&group=rec.music.indian.classical#543

Newsgroups: rec.music.indian.classical
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:28:08 -0800 (PST)
From: rajarshirit13@gmail.com (Rajarshi Rit)
 by: Rajarshi Rit - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 04:28 UTC

On Thursday, 13 October 2022 at 22:56:19 UTC+5:30, Arsh Singh wrote:
> Are you familiar with latex?
>
> If you are not please look at this doc from Boston University:
> https://www.bu.edu/math/files/2013/08/ShortTeX3.pdf.
>
> This (other) doc describes typesetting of Hindustani/Carnatic music in Latex:
> https://www.tenor-conference.org/proceedings/2022/TENOR_2022_paper_21.pdf
>
> I can be reached directly by email at my email address if you want to discuss this further.
>
> Best,
> Arsh
> On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 4:14:54 PM UTC-7, rajars...@gmail.com wrote:
> > There are a few software that can format notation in Bhatkhande format.
> > But is there any plug in that can format Bhatkhande notation in MS Word and/or OpenDocument wth other kind of text such as discussions?
> >
> > I have tried the math input tool and the draw table tool but I m getting messy result.
> > The special characters overlapping with Swars, also when I am exporting the document as PDF or mhtml the notations and table properties getting badly changed.
> >
> > One of most troublsome issue is to sketching the Alankaras with typographic ligature over more than two swaras.
> >
> > Is there available Word plug in that can resolve thede issues? can we develop new plug in or can we improve existing apps so that the notations can be combined with ordinary texts?
> >
> > And is there any commands or libraries for LaTex and other markdown languages that can render Indian music notation?
> >
> > Is there any Indian notation feature in DTP softwares like like in SCRIBUS and COREL etc?

Thank you.