From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.cartoon-network,rec.arts.animation,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Fans Slam New "Rick And Morty" Voices, Storylines After Justin Roiland Axed From Show
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:02:51 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:02 UTC

�Rick and Morty� fans are not thrilled with the new iteration of the show now
that series co-creator Justin Roiland has been fired.

Adult Swim severed ties with Roiland after he was charged with felony
domestic violence in January. The charges were later dropped in March due to
lack of evidence, but he was never invited to rejoin the cast. After the
initial charges were filed, others came forward with allegations of sexual
harassment and toxic workplace behavior, per IndieWire. �Rick and Morty� co-
creator Dan Harmon said the �easiest thing� was to say �nothing� about the
drama.

�Trust has now been violated between countless people and a show designed to
please them. I�m frustrated, ashamed and heartbroken that a lot of hard work,
joy and passion can be leveraged to exploit and harm strangers,� Harmon told
the outlet in September.

This forced �Rick and Morty� showrunners to go on an extensive hunt for two
new voice actors to replace Roiland, who had initially given life to both the
main characters.

Season 7 � the first one without Roiland behind the scenes � premiered on
Sunday and so far has gotten mostly terrible reviews. Some fans hate the new
voices, while others aren�t happy with the storyline, which they�re saying is
not as good as previous seasons.

Season 7, which only had one episode released so far, currently has a 43%
audience rating and 50% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This stands in
contrast to the 86% critic and 82% audience rating that the overall series
has on the review platform.

Fans had a lot of negative comments about the first episode, which is called
�How Poopy Got His Poop Back.�

�Couldn�t even get past the first 10 minutes of episode 1 without dying of
cringe. The show has seriously lost its touch and the ratings speak for
itself. Such as disappointment,� one reviewer shared.

�Wow� episode 1 was horrible. Someone sucked the life right out of that
show,� another agreed.

�From the very start of the episode you feel like something is off, then
becomes worse as it goes on, the new voice actors sound lifeless and bring no
energy to the characters, it doesn�t sound like the voice actors are
clicking, which is made worse as there are the original voice actors for the
other characters which sound normal but when mixed in with the stale delivery
of the new actors makes for awkward viewing. The story on the first episode
was horrible and I could barely get through it,� a third person echoed.

�Rick and Morty� airs new episodes on Sundays on Adult Swim.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Fans Slam New "Rick And Morty" Voices, Storylines After Justin Roiland Axed From Show

<y0ydnWkB4NQdmrL4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=550&group=rec.arts.animation#550

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.cartoon-network,rec.arts.animation,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: no_email@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:15:28 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:15 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> “RICK AND MORTY fans are not thrilled with the new iteration of the show now
> that series co-creator Justin Roiland has been fired.
>
> Adult Swim severed ties with Roiland after he was charged with felony
> domestic violence in January. The charges were later dropped in March due to
> lack of evidence, but he was never invited to rejoin the cast. After the
> initial charges were filed, others came forward with allegations of sexual
> harassment and toxic workplace behavior, per IndieWire. “RICK AND MORTY co-
> creator Dan Harmon said the “easiest thing” was to say “nothing” about the
> drama.
>
> This forced “the showrunners to go on an extensive hunt for two
> new voice actors to replace Roiland, who had initially given life to both the
> main characters.
>
> Season 7 – the first one without Roiland behind the scenes – premiered on
> Sunday and so far has gotten mostly terrible reviews. Some fans hate the new
> voices, while others aren’t happy with the storyline, which they’re saying is
> not as good as previous seasons.

When Roiland was first fired, despite the lack of any evidence that he'd
done what he was accused of, I predicted the show would never be the same.
Looks like I was right.

Re: Fans Slam New "Rick And Morty" Voices, Storylines After Justin Roiland Axed From Show

<uhcYM.22310$%WT8.7102@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=553&group=rec.arts.animation#553

Subject: Re: Fans Slam New "Rick And Morty" Voices, Storylines After Justin
Roiland Axed From Show
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.cartoon-network,rec.arts.animation,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: rdh@tilde.institute (rdh)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 10:52:58 -0500
 by: rdh - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:52 UTC

Most shows don't really do well beyond five or six seasons. Regardless
of what Justin Roiland did or didn't do, and what the network did to
him, the show was bound to get worse sooner or later.

> “Couldn’t even get past the first 10 minutes of episode 1 without
> dying of cringe."

This quote is particularly hilarious to me, the show has always been
cringy. That's been kind of the point.

FWIW, I haven't watched the episode, I wasn't even particularly
interested in watching it, even before Roiland's ouster.