Conscience doth make cowards of us all. -- Shakespeare

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

SubjectAuthor
* Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
+* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everBlueshirt
|+* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
||`* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everBlueshirt
|| `- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
|+* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Last Doctor
||+- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
||`* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everBlueshirt
|| `- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
|`* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everYour Name
| +- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
| `* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everBlueshirt
|  `- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor
`* Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Last Doctor
 `- Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes everThe Doctor

1
Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvr2u4$13l7$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5516&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5516

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:16:04 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:16 UTC

For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<xn0okpzmw92wydj003@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5517&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5517

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Subject: Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:37:17 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:37 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7

Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
mean post-2005.

For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
discussion.

Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
got back then.

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvs1k3$1to6$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5518&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5518

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:59:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:59 UTC

In article <xn0okpzmw92wydj003@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>
>Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
>to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
>mean post-2005.
>
>For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
>exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
>good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
>churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
>discussion.
>
>Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
>strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
>best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
>got back then.

CoD is rhater intense but very enjoyable.

Shada might have been the topping on the cake,.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvs72s$2gkgj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5520&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5520

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:33:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:y8tCmy9Ys6N8PQnjJk3yDCFryZM=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:33 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7

I’ve never heard of Inferno Ports. Did you mean FireWire? USB won that war
long ago - about a decade after NetKnow’s network connection advice was
relevant, true, but we’re still talking 15 years ago.

And this has nothing to do with Doctor Who.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvs772$2gl6j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5521&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5521

From: mike@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:35:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gZVbpgL9pwtNRq/6iIQGViTVXDM=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:35 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>
> Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
> to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
> mean post-2005.
>
> For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
> the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
> exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
> good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
> churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
> discussion.
>
> Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
> strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
> best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
> got back then.

Hmm. For me - I liked City of Death but it has one major downside, and her
name is Lalla Ward.

Mary Tamm was the BEST Romana. (So hot.)

The best Tom Baker - Douglas Adams Who was, for me, The Ribos Operation.
Comic heist / con gone wrong, Iain Cuthbertson, Prentis Hancock, Tom on top
form … AND Romana I?

5 gold stars and a laurel and hearty handshake.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvsac8$2c0t$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5522&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5522

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:29:13 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:29 UTC

In article <uvs72s$2gkgj$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>
>I’ve never heard of Inferno Ports. Did you mean FireWire? USB won that war
>long ago - about a decade after NetKnow’s network connection advice was
>relevant, true, but we’re still talking 15 years ago.
>
>And this has nothing to do with Doctor Who.

Sorry but you failed Bratain's Got Talent Comedy episode MM!

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvsadi$2c0t$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5523&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5523

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:29:54 -0000 (UTC)

In article <uvs772$2gl6j$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>>
>> Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
>> to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
>> mean post-2005.
>>
>> For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>> the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
>> exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
>> good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
>> churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
>> discussion.
>>
>> Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
>> strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
>> best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
>> got back then.
>>

>Hmm. For me - I liked City of Death but it has one major downside, and her
>name is Lalla Ward.
>
>Mary Tamm was the BEST Romana. (So hot.)
>
>The best Tom Baker - Douglas Adams Who was, for me, The Ribos Operation.
>Comic heist / con gone wrong, Iain Cuthbertson, Prentis Hancock, Tom on top
>form … AND Romana I?
>
>5 gold stars and a laurel and hearty handshake.

What about The Priate Planet?

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<xn0okrarxadohvr000@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5524&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5524

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:26:26 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:26 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >
> >> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
> >
> > Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd
> > have to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say
> > ever I don't mean post-2005.
> >
> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
> > another discussion.
> >
> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
> > as the show got back then.
>
> Hmm. For me - I liked City of Death but it has one major
> downside, and her name is Lalla Ward.

I didn't like her Romana that much either, but I did like her in
"City of Death". The Doctor and Romana II looked like they were
having fun in Paris (They probably were!!!) so it worked okay
for me.

> Mary Tamm was the BEST Romana. (So hot.)

Definitely a better looking woman than Lalla Ward, and a better
Romana overall. It is a pity that Mary Tamm only did the one
season.

It was good to hear Mary return for some Big Finish Doctor Who
audio stories with Tom before she got sick. ("The Auntie Matter"
being my favourite of her Fourth Doctor stories.)

> The best Tom Baker - Douglas Adams Who was, for me, The Ribos
> Operation. Comic heist / con gone wrong, Iain Cuthbertson,
> Prentis Hancock, Tom on top form … AND Romana I?
>
> 5 gold stars and a laurel and hearty handshake.

A great start to S16, "The Ribos Operation" is definitely up
there with the best of Tom's era.

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<xn0okrbgaaent8v003@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5525&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5525

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:53:53 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:53 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0okpzmw92wydj003@post.eweka.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd
> > have to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say
> > ever I don't mean post-2005.
> >
> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
> > another discussion.
> >
> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
> > as the show got back then.
>
> CoD is rhater intense but very enjoyable.
>
> Shada might have been the topping on the cake,.

It might have been, but when a story gets mythical status
because it is not finished (or missing) it becomes hard for that
story to live up to the hype. After "Tomb of the Cybermen" was
found and returned to the BBC, upon viewing I didn't think it
matched all the hype the story had when it was missing! It was
good, but flawed... and not the ultimate classic Doctor Who
story!

If completed (in 1979) Shada could have turned out to have been
a very average story as part of S17, more "Horns of Nimon" than
"City of Death"... or it could have been the best Doctor Who
story ever! <shrugs>

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvttpi$2f38$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5526&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5526

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:06:42 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:06 UTC

In article <xn0okrarxadohvr000@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd
>> > have to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say
>> > ever I don't mean post-2005.
>> >
>> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
>> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
>> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
>> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
>> > another discussion.
>> >
>> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
>> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
>> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
>> > as the show got back then.
>>
>> Hmm. For me - I liked City of Death but it has one major
>> downside, and her name is Lalla Ward.
>
>I didn't like her Romana that much either, but I did like her in
>"City of Death". The Doctor and Romana II looked like they were
>having fun in Paris (They probably were!!!) so it worked okay
>for me.
>
>> Mary Tamm was the BEST Romana. (So hot.)
>
>Definitely a better looking woman than Lalla Ward, and a better
>Romana overall. It is a pity that Mary Tamm only did the one
>season.
>
>It was good to hear Mary return for some Big Finish Doctor Who
>audio stories with Tom before she got sick. ("The Auntie Matter"
>being my favourite of her Fourth Doctor stories.)
>
>> The best Tom Baker - Douglas Adams Who was, for me, The Ribos
>> Operation. Comic heist / con gone wrong, Iain Cuthbertson,
>> Prentis Hancock, Tom on top form … AND Romana I?
>>
>> 5 gold stars and a laurel and hearty handshake.
>
>A great start to S16, "The Ribos Operation" is definitely up
>there with the best of Tom's era.

It too liked the Ribos Operation, but S16 was a 26 part adventure!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvttsn$2f38$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5527&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5527

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:08:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:08 UTC

In article <xn0okrbgaaent8v003@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0okpzmw92wydj003@post.eweka.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> >
>> > Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd
>> > have to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say
>> > ever I don't mean post-2005.
>> >
>> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
>> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
>> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
>> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
>> > another discussion.
>> >
>> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
>> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
>> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
>> > as the show got back then.
>>
>> CoD is rhater intense but very enjoyable.
>>
>> Shada might have been the topping on the cake,.
>
>It might have been, but when a story gets mythical status
>because it is not finished (or missing) it becomes hard for that
>story to live up to the hype. After "Tomb of the Cybermen" was
>found and returned to the BBC, upon viewing I didn't think it
>matched all the hype the story had when it was missing! It was
>good, but flawed... and not the ultimate classic Doctor Who
>story!
>
>If completed (in 1979) Shada could have turned out to have been
>a very average story as part of S17, more "Horns of Nimon" than
>"City of Death"... or it could have been the best Doctor Who
>story ever! <shrugs>

What about Enemy of the World?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvuqas$37ova$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5530&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5530

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:13:48 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:13 UTC

On 2024-04-18 13:37:17 +0000, Blueshirt said:

> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>
> Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
> to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
> mean post-2005.
>
> For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
> the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
> exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
> good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
> churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
> discussion.
>
> Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
> strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
> best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
> got back then.

The best episode *ever* will be the one where all the Political
Correctness idiocy gets negated in an instant ... maybe David Tennant's
Doctor will wake up in the shower and the last few seasons from the
Mistress nonsense onwards will all have been just a bad dream. :-p

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvuqci$m3g$16@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5531&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5531

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:14:42 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:14 UTC

In article <uvuqas$37ova$1@dont-email.me>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2024-04-18 13:37:17 +0000, Blueshirt said:
>
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> For Me Inferno Ports 1 to 7
>>
>> Best Doctor Who episodes ever? Off the top of my head I'd have
>> to go with "City of Death"... of course, when I say ever I don't
>> mean post-2005.
>>
>> For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>> the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn out
>> exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's are a
>> good example of how they didn't cope with the limited budget and
>> churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's another
>> discussion.
>>
>> Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a very
>> strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at his very
>> best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good as the show
>> got back then.
>
>The best episode *ever* will be the one where all the Political
>Correctness idiocy gets negated in an instant ... maybe David Tennant's
>Doctor will wake up in the shower and the last few seasons from the
>Mistress nonsense onwards will all have been just a bad dream. :-p

Dallas fans.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<xn0okrs1ob13hwu001@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5532&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5532

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:21:57 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:21 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> On 2024-04-18 13:37:17 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> >
> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
> > another discussion.
> >
> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
> > as the show got back then.
>
> The best episode ever will be the one where all the Political
> Correctness idiocy gets negated in an instant ... maybe David
> Tennant's Doctor will wake up in the shower and the last few
> seasons from the Mistress nonsense onwards will all have been
> just a bad dream. :-p

Why start at David Tennant? What's wrong with going back a bit
further, like 1989... and it's Tom Baker stepping out of the
shower... using his scarf as a towel... he walks from the
bathroom drying himself to see his pet dog looking up at him...

Oh hello K9, I just had this awful dream...

Re: Best Doctor Who Episodes ever

<uvv235$11e2$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5533&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5533

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 00:26:13 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 00:26 UTC

In article <xn0okrs1ob13hwu001@post.eweka.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Your Name wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-18 13:37:17 +0000, Blueshirt said:
>> >
>> > For a show made on a limited budget, the 1970's excel for how
>> > the producers of Doctor Who managed to cope and still churn
>> > out exciting television with enjoyable stories. The 1980's
>> > are a good example of how they didn't cope with the limited
>> > budget and churned out less enjoyable stories.... but that's
>> > another discussion.
>> >
>> > Inferno, like a lot of Jon Pertwee's era of the show is a
>> > very strong story, but there's nothing to match Tom Baker at
>> > his very best... and "City of Death" is pretty much as good
>> > as the show got back then.
>>
>> The best episode ever will be the one where all the Political
>> Correctness idiocy gets negated in an instant ... maybe David
>> Tennant's Doctor will wake up in the shower and the last few
>> seasons from the Mistress nonsense onwards will all have been
>> just a bad dream. :-p
>
>Why start at David Tennant? What's wrong with going back a bit
>further, like 1989... and it's Tom Baker stepping out of the
>shower... using his scarf as a towel... he walks from the
>bathroom drying himself to see his pet dog looking up at him...
>
>Oh hello K9, I just had this awful dream...

Trying out for Ireland has talent?