There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

SubjectAuthor
* Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Ubiquitous
+- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonanim8rfsk
`* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonDaniel70
 +* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonYour Name
 |`- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonUbiquitous
 +- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonAdou
 +* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonWouter Valentijn
 |`* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonanim8rfsk
 | +* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonDaniel70
 | |`- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonanim8rfsk
 | `- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonUbiquitous
 `* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonUbiquitous
  `* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonDaniel70
   +* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonanim8rfsk
   |`- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonYour Name
   `* Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonYour Name
    `- Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner LeonUbiquitous

1
Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0dfad$2vopt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5546&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5546

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Subject: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare NBC promos
transferred in high definition from a 16mm print. Unfortunately the 16mm
print has broken sprocket holes. The print has turned red as well. An
attempt was made to bring back the color as much as possible. It isn't all
there, but it is nicer than looking at a red and black print. It is also
clear than other versions of this which are sourced from standard definition
video.

I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the print.
That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its original color. Too
bad the entire print was not made from the same stock.

Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley,
Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter Koenig.

https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<1947880265.735772435.923973.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5548&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5548

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Subject: Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition
William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:14:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:14 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare NBC promos
> transferred in high definition from a 16mm print. Unfortunately the 16mm
> print has broken sprocket holes. The print has turned red as well. An
> attempt was made to bring back the color as much as possible. It isn't all
> there, but it is nicer than looking at a red and black print. It is also
> clear than other versions of this which are sourced from standard definition
> video.
>
> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the print.
> That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its original color. Too
> bad the entire print was not made from the same stock.
>
> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley,
> Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter Koenig.
>
> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal

Cool

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0g9n6$3n7u2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5554&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5554

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel70)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Subject: Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 23:20:39 +1000
 by: Daniel70 - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 13:20 UTC

Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:
> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare
> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes. The print
> has turned red as well. An attempt was made to bring back the color
> as much as possible. It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
> looking at a red and black print. It is also clear than other
> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>
> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
> original color. Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
> stock.
>
> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
> Koenig.
>
> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>
> -- Let's go Brandon!

In Australia ....

Video unavailable
This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has blocked
it in your country on copyright grounds
--
Daniel

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0hcmj$3v4g8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5555&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5555

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 11:17:39 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 23:17 UTC

On 2024-04-26 13:20:39 +0000, Daniel70 said:

> Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:
>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare
>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes. The print
>> has turned red as well. An attempt was made to bring back the color
>> as much as possible. It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>> looking at a red and black print. It is also clear than other
>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>
>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>> original color. Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>> stock.
>>
>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>> Koenig.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>>
>> -- Let's go Brandon!
>
> In Australia ....
>
> Video unavailable
> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

The easiest way to bypass that is to use one of the many YouTube
downloader websites. For example, paste the video's web address into
the box at Y2Mate.com

Video web addres: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCfvrlAo5Q

YouTube downloader: https://www.y2mate.com/en943

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0knf2$spd3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5558&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5558

From: adou@adou.invalid (Adou)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 07:39:46 +0200
 by: Adou - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 05:39 UTC

Le 26/04/2024 à 15:20, Daniel70 a écrit :

> In Australia ....
>
> Video unavailable
> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has blocked
> it in your country on copyright grounds

Same here in France.

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<l9a55iFjeumU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5563&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5563

From: liam@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:53:52 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:53 UTC

Op 26-4-2024 om 15:20 schreef Daniel70:
> Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:
>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series.  These are rare
>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes.  The print
>> has turned red as well.  An attempt was made to bring back the color
>> as much as possible.  It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>> looking at a red and black print.  It is also clear than other
>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>
>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>> original color.  Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>> stock.
>>
>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>> Koenig.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>>
>> -- Let's go Brandon!
>>
> In Australia ....
>
> Video unavailable
> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has blocked
> it in your country on copyright grounds

Same in The Netherlands.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Xander: "I'm a Comfortador also."
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (s04e22): Restless

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<88236375.736114307.803120.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5564&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5564

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:17:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:17 UTC

Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:
> Op 26-4-2024 om 15:20 schreef Daniel70:
>> Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:
>>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series.  These are rare
>>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes.  The print
>>> has turned red as well.  An attempt was made to bring back the color
>>> as much as possible.  It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>>> looking at a red and black print.  It is also clear than other
>>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>>
>>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>>> original color.  Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>>> stock.
>>>
>>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>>> Koenig.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>>>
>>> -- Let's go Brandon!
>>>
>> In Australia ....
>>
>> Video unavailable
>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has blocked
>> it in your country on copyright grounds
>

> Same in The Netherlands.

Hey Wouter!!!!!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0qdma$2clrn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5565&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5565

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel70)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 19:29:50 +1000
 by: Daniel70 - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:29 UTC

anim8rfsk wrote on 30/4/24 6:17 am:
> Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:

>>> In Australia ....
>>>
>>> Video unavailable This video contains content from Paramount
>>> Global (CBS), who has blocked it in your country on copyright
>>> grounds
>>
>> Same in The Netherlands.
>
> Hey Wouter!!!!!

Yeah! I noticed Wouters name as well!! Is everyone coming back to UseNet
or what??
--
Daniel

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<1080044695.736178371.964317.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5568&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5568

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:18:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:18 UTC

Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> anim8rfsk wrote on 30/4/24 6:17 am:
>> Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:

>>> Same in The Netherlands.
>>
>> Hey Wouter!!!!!
>>
> Yeah! I noticed Wouters name as well!! Is everyone coming back to UseNet
> or what??

He’s in my Facebook RAT group, but it was nice to see him here as well!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0t9l6$34d8p$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5571&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5571

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 1 May 2024 08:30 UTC

In article <v0g9n6$3n7u2$2@dont-email.me>, daniel47@nomail.afraid.org wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:

>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare
>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes. The print
>> has turned red as well. An attempt was made to bring back the color
>> as much as possible. It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>> looking at a red and black print. It is also clear than other
>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>
>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>> original color. Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>> stock.
>>
>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>> Koenig.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>
>In Australia ....
>
> Video unavailable
> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0t9o4$34d8p$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5572&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5572

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 04:30:49 -0400

In article <v0hcmj$3v4g8$1@dont-email.me>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
> On 2024-04-26 13:20:39 +0000, Daniel70 said:
>> Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:

>>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare
>>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes. The print
>>> has turned red as well. An attempt was made to bring back the color
>>> as much as possible. It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>>> looking at a red and black print. It is also clear than other
>>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>>
>>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>>> original color. Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>>> stock.
>>>
>>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>>> Koenig.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>>
>> In Australia ....
>>
>> Video unavailable
>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
>> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>
>The easiest way to bypass that is to use one of the many YouTube
>downloader websites. For example, paste the video's web address into
>the box at Y2Mate.com
>
> Video web addres: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCfvrlAo5Q
>
> YouTube downloader: https://www.y2mate.com/en943

But don't you have to be able to connect to download it?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0t9ro$34d8p$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5573&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5573

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 04:30:50 -0400

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:

>>> In Australia ....
>>>
>>> Video unavailable
>>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
>>> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>>
>> Same in The Netherlands.
>
>Hey Wouter!!!!!

Wow, I haven't seen that name for awhile!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0v8rc$3m85a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5576&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5576

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel70)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 15:37:51 +1000
 by: Daniel70 - Thu, 2 May 2024 05:37 UTC

Ubiquitous wrote on 1/5/24 6:30 pm:
> In article <v0g9n6$3n7u2$2@dont-email.me>, daniel47@nomail.afraid.org wrote:
>> Ubiquitous wrote on 25/4/24 6:30 pm:
>
>>> Two rare promos for Star Trek The Original Series. These are rare
>>> NBC promos transferred in high definition from a 16mm print.
>>> Unfortunately the 16mm print has broken sprocket holes. The print
>>> has turned red as well. An attempt was made to bring back the color
>>> as much as possible. It isn't all there, but it is nicer than
>>> looking at a red and black print. It is also clear than other
>>> versions of this which are sourced from standard definition video.
>>>
>>> I left a little clip of an Leonard Nimoy outtake at the start of the
>>> print. That short clip is kodachrome stock so it still has its
>>> original color. Too bad the entire print was not made from the same
>>> stock.
>>>
>>> Star Trek main cast: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest
>>> Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, James Doohan, George Takei, and Walter
>>> Koenig.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/KyCfvrlAo5Q?si=GjIPK6zBu0DFbTal
>>
>> In Australia ....
>>
>> Video unavailable
>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
>> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>
> Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?

VPN's sound like a lot of hard work ...... but, seems as 'Doctor Who'
has gone to Disney+ unless I can make BBC think I'm somewhere in the
U.K, I guess I'll have to get into VPN's sooner of later!! ;-(
--
Daniel

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<1585563890.736322209.189425.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5577&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5577

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.startrek,alt.tv.commercials,alt.tv.star-trek,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc
William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare
From: anim8rfsk@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 23:01:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 2 May 2024 06:01 UTC

Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> Ubiquitous wrote on 1/5/24 6:30 pm:

>>> In Australia ....
>>>
>>> Video unavailable
>>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
>>> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>>
>> Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?
>
> VPN's sound like a lot of hard work ...... but, seems as 'Doctor Who'
> has gone to Disney+ unless I can make BBC think I'm somewhere in the
> U.K, I guess I'll have to get into VPN's sooner of later!! ;-(

No hard work about it

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0vbkf$3mqe3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5578&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5578

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc,alt.tv.commercials
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:25:19 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 2 May 2024 06:25 UTC

On 2024-05-02 05:37:51 +0000, Daniel70 said:

> Ubiquitous wrote on 1/5/24 6:30 pm:

>>> In Australia ....
>>>
>>> Video unavailable
>>> This video contains content from Paramount Global (CBS), who has
>>> blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
>>
>> Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?
>
> VPN's sound like a lot of hard work ...... but, seems as 'Doctor Who'
> has gone to Disney+ unless I can make BBC think I'm somewhere in the
> U.K, I guess I'll have to get into VPN's sooner of later!! ;-(

You don't need a VPN to watch the Star Trek promo. Just copy the
video's web address and paste it into a YouTube download website like
Y2Mate.com.
<https://www.y2mate.com/en857/download-youtube>

As for Doctor Who, it is and will be available on all the naughty
websites within minutes of the Disney+ release.

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0vbro$3mrdi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5579&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5579

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc,alt.tv.commercials
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:29:12 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 2 May 2024 06:29 UTC

On 2024-05-02 06:01:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous wrote on 1/5/24 6:30 pm:

>>> Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?
>>
>> VPN's sound like a lot of hard work ...... but, seems as 'Doctor Who'
>> has gone to Disney+ unless I can make BBC think I'm somewhere in the
>> U.K, I guess I'll have to get into VPN's sooner of later!! ;-(
>
> No hard work about it

Not really hard work, but you will have to pay for a decent one. :-(

I've been trying to watch something on the UK Channel 5 website, and
the free VPNs are useless - they either don't work at all or they load
the page, but the video is far too horrifically slow to be watchable.

Re: Star Trek 2 Vintage 1960s NBC Promos in High Definition William Shatner Leonard Nimoy 16mm rare

<v0vsl7$3qemd$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5580&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#5580

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.misc,alt.tv.commercials
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 04:34:19 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 2 May 2024 08:34 UTC

In article <v0vbkf$3mqe3$1@dont-email.me>, YourName@YourISP.com wrote:
> On 2024-05-02 05:37:51 +0000, Daniel70 said:
>> Ubiquitous wrote on 1/5/24 6:30 pm:

>>> Have you tried using a VPN to bypass it?
>>
>> VPN's sound like a lot of hard work ...... but, seems as 'Doctor Who'
>> has gone to Disney+ unless I can make BBC think I'm somewhere in the
>> U.K, I guess I'll have to get into VPN's sooner of later!! ;-(
>
>You don't need a VPN to watch the Star Trek promo. Just copy the
>video's web address and paste it into a YouTube download website like
>Y2Mate.com.
><https://www.y2mate.com/en857/download-youtube>
>
>As for Doctor Who, it is and will be available on all the naughty
>websites within minutes of the Disney+ release.

Doesn't that presume someone will want to make it available?
(I heard it's very bad and woke.)

Let's go Brandon!