A commune is where people join together to share their lack of wealth. -- R. Stallman

arts / rec.arts.animation / Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

SubjectAuthor
* Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel PoUbiquitous
`* Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel PoBTR1701
 +* Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series Aftertrotsky
 |`* Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel PoUbiquitous
 | `- Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series AfterJames Fabiano
 `- Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel PoUbiquitous

1
Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<ugr5tl$arpn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=551&group=rec.arts.animation#551

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.cartoon.reboot,alt.tv.nickelodeon,rec.arts.animation
Subject: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 4:30:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

Voice actress Tara Strong was fired from her role on the independent animated
series �Boxtown� after publicizing her support for Israel and condemning the
Hamas terrorist attacks.

The 50-year-old star has worked on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon projects
like �The Powerpuff Girls,� �Rugrats,� �Teen Titans,� and others. Strong
confirmed she was fired from �Boxtown� with a post on X.

�Just found out on Twitter!� she wrote on Friday. �This is what happens when
you help fans get shows made I guess. Fired for being Jewish. Glad I helped
you get your kickstarter money. Please lose my email address & pray for my
family in Israel and in Gaza. & #prayforpeace.�

The official �Boxtown� account shared the news in a social media post on
Thursday.

�Hello all! Just wanted to offer a quick update on Boxtown. We will be
recasting the role of Bill (previously played by Tara Strong). We�ll have
more info soon on open auditions,� they wrote. �Thanks for y�all�s
understanding as we re-orient and figure out the next steps.�

�Boxtown� also shared a longer statement on both Instagram and X.

�This decision was due to a trend among Tara�s recent online activity,
including posts that promote controversial messages regarding the peoples of
Palestine currently being affected by the ongoing Israel-Palestine crisis.�

pic.twitter.com/NsLw3yvwJP

� �Boxtown� the animated series (@BoxtownOfficial) October 16, 2023

�We believe that our public platform gives us a duty to be careful when it
comes to hateful messages and misinformation online. This extends to our cast
and crew. This was not a difficult decision,� the statement said.

�Our hearts are with the Palestinian and Israeli children and families being
affected by the ongoing conflict. People should be able to live freely
without being threatened by constant abuse and terror. We are hoping for the
best,� the post added.

Strong had previously condemned the terror attacks on Israel with several
tweets.

�For those who support the actions of #Hamas; when they infiltrate your
hometown, on your soil, break into Jewish homes, raping, beheading innocent
babies, will you applaud them? Will you wave their flag while they slaughter
Christians & Muslims who don�t believe their ideologies?� one of Strong�s
posts read.

Another said, �World�s gone crazy. People ARGUING online about whether or not
the mass raping, shooting & kidnapping of innocent young women from around
the world at a music festival is justified! Could happen at ANY music
festival! Supporting terrorists empowers them & that�s globally terrifying.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<atropos-7786BD.11173119102023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=554&group=rec.arts.animation#554

From: atropos@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.cartoon.reboot,alt.tv.nickelodeon,rec.arts.animation
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:17:31 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 18:17 UTC

In article <ugr5tl$arpn$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Voice actress Tara Strong was fired from her role on the independent animated
> series BOXTOWN after publicizing her support for Israel and condemning the
> Hamas terrorist attacks.
>
> The 50-year-old star has worked on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon projects
> like THE POWERPUFF GIRLS, RUGRATS, TEEN TITANS, and others. Strong
> confirmed she was fired from BOXTOWN with a post on X.
>
> "Just found out on Twitter!" she wrote on Friday. "This is what happens when
> you help fans get shows made I guess. Fired for being Jewish. Glad I helped
> you get your kickstarter money. Please lose my email address & pray for my
> family in Israel and in Gaza. & #prayforpeace."
>
> The official BOXTOWN account shared the news in a social media post on
> Thursday.
>
> "Hello all! Just wanted to offer a quick update on BOXTOWN. We will be
> recasting the role of Bill (previously played by Tara Strong). We'll have
> more info soon on open auditions," they wrote. "Thanks for y'all's
> understanding as we re-orient and figure out the next steps."
>
> BOXTOWN also shared a longer statement on both Instagram and X:
>
> This decision was due to a trend among Tara's recent online
> activity, including posts that promote controversial messages
> regarding the peoples of Palestine currently being affected by
> the ongoing Israel-Palestine crisis.
>
> We believe that our public platform gives us a duty to be
> careful when it comes to hateful messages and misinformation
> online. This extends to our cast and crew. This was not a difficult
> decision.
>
> Our hearts are with the Palestinian and Israeli children and
> families being affected by the ongoing conflict. People should
> be able to live freely without being threatened by constant abuse
> and terror. We are hoping for the best.
>
> Strong had previously condemned the terror attacks on Israel with several
> tweets.
>
> "For those who support the actions of #Hamas; when they infiltrate your
> hometown, on your soil, break into Jewish homes, raping, beheading innocent
> babies, will you applaud them? Will you wave their flag while they slaughter
> Christians & Muslims who don't believe their ideologies?" one of Strong's
> posts read.
>
> Another said, "World's gone crazy. People ARGUING online about whether or not
> the mass raping, shooting & kidnapping of innocent young women from around
> the world at a music festival is justified! Could happen at ANY music
> festival! Supporting terrorists empowers them & that's globally terrifying."

So contrary to what the producers claimed, Strong never actually said
anything hateful or spread any misinformation about "the peoples of
Palestine". She supported Israel and condemned Hamas-- a designated
terrorist group according to the U.S. government-- which is nothing more
nor less than the official position of Joe Biden and the United States
of America.

And that's what gets you fired these days in leftist Hollywood.

Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<6bpYM.16281$Pb89.13684@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=555&group=rec.arts.animation#555

Subject: Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After
Sharing Pro-Israel Posts
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.cartoon.reboot,alt.tv.nickelodeon,rec.arts.animation
From: gmsingh@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 01:33:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 06:33 UTC

On 10/19/23 1:17 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>> Christians & Muslims who don't believe their ideologies?" one of Strong's
>> posts read.
>>
>> Another said, "World's gone crazy. People ARGUING online about whether or not
>> the mass raping, shooting & kidnapping of innocent young women from around
>> the world at a music festival is justified! Could happen at ANY music
>> festival! Supporting terrorists empowers them & that's globally terrifying."
>
> So contrary to what the producers claimed, Strong never actually said
> anything hateful or spread any misinformation about "the peoples of
> Palestine". She supported Israel and condemned Hamas-- a designated
> terrorist group according to the U.S. government-- which is nothing more
> nor less than the official position of Joe Biden and the United States
> of America.
>
> And that's what gets you fired these days in leftist Hollywood.

Honestly Mr. Troon, if you want the correct interpretation of a subject
just ask.

Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<ugtnhr$11drb$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=556&group=rec.arts.animation#556

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.cartoon.reboot,alt.tv.nickelodeon,rec.arts.animation
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>So contrary to what the producers claimed, Strong never actually said
>anything hateful or spread any misinformation about "the peoples of
>Palestine". She supported Israel and condemned Hamas-- a designated
>terrorist group according to the U.S. government-- which is nothing more
>nor less than the official position of Joe Biden and the United States
>of America.
>
>And that's what gets you fired these days in leftist Hollywood.

I always wondered why leftists hate jews.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<ugtnmm$11drb$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=557&group=rec.arts.animation#557

Followup: alt.flame.fucking.faggots
From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.cartoon.reboot,alt.tv.nickelodeon,rec.arts.animation
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 04:30:44 -0400

In article <6bpYM.16281$Pb89.13684@fx36.iad>, gmsingh@email.com wrote:

>Honestly Mr. Troon, if you want the correct interpretation of a subject
>just ask.

Homophobia noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Voice Actress Tara Strong Fired From Animated Series After Sharing Pro-Israel Posts

<46b69124-6315-4694-b54c-37d1394269can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=558&group=rec.arts.animation#558

Newsgroups: rec.arts.animation
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
Sharing Pro-Israel Posts
From: jmfabianorpl@gmail.com (James Fabiano)
 by: James Fabiano - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:40 UTC

I'm confused. The rights hate terrorists, but they don't like Jews either. What must they be doing?