From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.animation, alt.comics.peanuts
Subject: [NEWS] New "Peanuts" movie coming to Apple TV+
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:55:21 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 23:55 UTC

Peanuts Head to the Big City in First Apple TV+ Movie
Apple TV+ has announced a new original Peanuts feature film
from WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide. The film will follow
Snoopy and Charlie Brown's biggest challenge yet, as the
Peanuts characters embark on "an epic adventure to the
Big City, learning the true meaning of friendship, while
meeting some surprising new friends along the way."
Production from WildBrain Studios will begin in 2024.

Concept Art:

<https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Peanuts-Feature-Development-Art-courtesy-WildBrain-Studios-1.jpg>

"Fans of all ages have been enamored with Peanuts on
Apple TV+," Tara Sorensen, Apple's head of children's
programming, said in a statement. "With our unmatched
library of Peanuts titles, and award-winning collection of
stories that bring kids and families together, Apple TV+ is
the preeminent home for Snoopy and friends, and offers a
world class selection of series and films featuring the
most globally cherished animated characters. We can't wait
for everyone to experience this heartwarming new adventure
with Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the gang in the Big City."

Karey Kirkpatrick, known for "Chicken Run," "Smallfoot" and
"Over the Hedge," co-wrote the screenplay from an original
story by "The Peanuts Movie" writers Craig Schulz,
Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano. Additionally,
"The Peanuts Movie" director Steve Martino will direct the
new feature and two-time Oscar nominee Bonnie Arnold, known
for the "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise and "Toy Story,"
will produce.

"It is so special to carry on my father's legacy with an
original story from me, my son Bryan, and his writing partner
Neil," Schulz said in a statement. "We are excited to be
partnering with Apple TV+ and working with WildBrain Studios
to bring audiences a brand-new Peanuts adventure, along with
the talented Bonnie Arnold as producer and Steve Martino as
director. Peanuts fans have been clamoring for another
feature for years, and this film will bring joy to our
millions of fans around the world."

Apple's new Peanuts feature is produced in partnership with
WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide - its first three-way
partnership on a feature film. The film will join Apple TV+'s
growing slate of Peanuts specials and series, such as
"A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
and the Emmy-nominated "Snoopy in Space."

<https://variety.com/2023/film/news/peanuts-movie-apple-tv-1235781653/>