Language is a virus from another planet. -- William Burroughs

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)

SubjectAuthor
* Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)Norbert K
`* Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)Pamela Brown
 `- Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)Norbert K

1
Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)

<af612f01-3929-4043-9cb0-a9ed67bb772en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5650&group=rec.music.beatles#5650

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 06:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 13:47 UTC

Our first [Pussycats] session was scheduled for the day after we moved in [to the Santa Monica beach house], and it went beautifully -- so beautifully that it took only four hours to lay down the basic instrumental tracks for "Subterranean Homesick Blues." When the tracks were finished, the musicians did not want to go home, so they hung out jamming with each other or practicing their own licks. At midnight, however, Ringo and Keith [Moon] left. It was time for them to hit the town.

The jam continued for another half hour, then visitors arrived. The visitors were Paul and Linda McCartney. I thought it uncanny that they had chosen to turn up on the very first night of recording. Later, Paul and Linda would insist that it had been a coincidence, but that was hard to believe, because everyone on the rock & roll grapevine knew we were going to start recording that night.

Paul headed straight for John. "Hello, John," he said eagerly.

John, however, was a study in casualness. "How are you, Paul?" he replied softly.

"Fine, how about you?"

"Okay."

"Hello, Duckie," Linda said to John, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hello, Linda."

John and Paul made small talk as if they had been speaking on the phone two or three times a day and had spoken just a few hours earlier. It was one of the most casual conversations I had ever heard. They couldn't be the two men who not only had been trading vicious attacks with each other in public but also had squadrons of lawyers poised in battle against each other while they carved up their multimillion-dollar empire. They looked like any pair of old friends having a pleasant low-key reunion.

"How nice to meet you," Linda said when we were introduced. "I've read all about you in the English newspapers." I was surprised by Linda's accent. I'd never heard one quite so "British."

The small talk continued, then Paul, like a man possessed, suddenly bounced up and headed straight for Ringo's drums. "Let's play!" he exclaimed..

Linda immediately headed straight for the organ. "Let's play!" she echoed. They couldn't be stopped.

-- from Loving John by May Pang

Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)

<7a434d0d-eda9-4a62-a042-26ed38ae075fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5656&group=rec.music.beatles#5656

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 17:27 UTC

On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> Our first [Pussycats] session was scheduled for the day after we moved in [to the Santa Monica beach house], and it went beautifully -- so beautifully that it took only four hours to lay down the basic instrumental tracks for "Subterranean Homesick Blues." When the tracks were finished, the musicians did not want to go home, so they hung out jamming with each other or practicing their own licks. At midnight, however, Ringo and Keith [Moon] left.. It was time for them to hit the town.
>
> The jam continued for another half hour, then visitors arrived. The visitors were Paul and Linda McCartney. I thought it uncanny that they had chosen to turn up on the very first night of recording. Later, Paul and Linda would insist that it had been a coincidence, but that was hard to believe, because everyone on the rock & roll grapevine knew we were going to start recording that night.
>
> Paul headed straight for John. "Hello, John," he said eagerly.
>
> John, however, was a study in casualness. "How are you, Paul?" he replied softly.
>
> "Fine, how about you?"
>
> "Okay."
>
> "Hello, Duckie," Linda said to John, kissing him on the cheek.
>
> "Hello, Linda."
>
> John and Paul made small talk as if they had been speaking on the phone two or three times a day and had spoken just a few hours earlier. It was one of the most casual conversations I had ever heard. They couldn't be the two men who not only had been trading vicious attacks with each other in public but also had squadrons of lawyers poised in battle against each other while they carved up their multimillion-dollar empire. They looked like any pair of old friends having a pleasant low-key reunion.
>
> "How nice to meet you," Linda said when we were introduced. "I've read all about you in the English newspapers." I was surprised by Linda's accent. I'd never heard one quite so "British."
>
> The small talk continued, then Paul, like a man possessed, suddenly bounced up and headed straight for Ringo's drums. "Let's play!" he exclaimed.
>
> Linda immediately headed straight for the organ. "Let's play!" she echoed.. They couldn't be stopped.
>
> -- from Loving John by May Pang
Depressing...
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/harry-nilsson-pussy-cats/

Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)

<e6b26860-d073-4de8-9f8c-a69b6fb959a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5659&group=rec.music.beatles#5659

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 17:38 UTC

On Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 10:27:40 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> > Our first [Pussycats] session was scheduled for the day after we moved in [to the Santa Monica beach house], and it went beautifully -- so beautifully that it took only four hours to lay down the basic instrumental tracks for "Subterranean Homesick Blues." When the tracks were finished, the musicians did not want to go home, so they hung out jamming with each other or practicing their own licks. At midnight, however, Ringo and Keith [Moon] left. It was time for them to hit the town.
> >
> > The jam continued for another half hour, then visitors arrived. The visitors were Paul and Linda McCartney. I thought it uncanny that they had chosen to turn up on the very first night of recording. Later, Paul and Linda would insist that it had been a coincidence, but that was hard to believe, because everyone on the rock & roll grapevine knew we were going to start recording that night.
> >
> > Paul headed straight for John. "Hello, John," he said eagerly.
> >
> > John, however, was a study in casualness. "How are you, Paul?" he replied softly.
> >
> > "Fine, how about you?"
> >
> > "Okay."
> >
> > "Hello, Duckie," Linda said to John, kissing him on the cheek.
> >
> > "Hello, Linda."
> >
> > John and Paul made small talk as if they had been speaking on the phone two or three times a day and had spoken just a few hours earlier. It was one of the most casual conversations I had ever heard. They couldn't be the two men who not only had been trading vicious attacks with each other in public but also had squadrons of lawyers poised in battle against each other while they carved up their multimillion-dollar empire. They looked like any pair of old friends having a pleasant low-key reunion.
> >
> > "How nice to meet you," Linda said when we were introduced. "I've read all about you in the English newspapers." I was surprised by Linda's accent.. I'd never heard one quite so "British."
> >
> > The small talk continued, then Paul, like a man possessed, suddenly bounced up and headed straight for Ringo's drums. "Let's play!" he exclaimed.
> >
> > Linda immediately headed straight for the organ. "Let's play!" she echoed. They couldn't be stopped.
> >
> > -- from Loving John by May Pang
> Depressing...
> https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/harry-nilsson-pussy-cats/

Pussycats is a mixed bag at best. Harry was on a downward spiral. His doctor had prescribed penicillin to him for some sort of respiratory infection -- and it didn't work because Nilsson stuck to his hard-partying lifestyle..

Lennon had Keith Moon escort Nilsson to San Mateo to visit the herbalist/acupuncturist Dr. Hong -- the same Chinese doctor who had gotten John and Yoko off methadone in 1972. When they got back to L.A., Lennon asked Moon if Harry was better. "No," Keith said, "but he's full of holes."

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Paul & Linda Crash the Pussycats Session (May's Account)