Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!

arts / rec.arts.movies.past-films / I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

SubjectAuthor
* I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)Bill Anderson
+* Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)super70s
|`* Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)Bill Anderson
| `- Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)super70s
`* Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)moviePig
 `- Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)Bill Anderson

1
I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<-QmdnYrY76Q_dSz4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5740&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5740

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)
From: bill.anderson@my-deja.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 04:50:42 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 04:50 UTC

Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<uotmou$2ag94$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5741&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5741

From: super70s@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re:_I_THINK_WE’RE_ALONE_NOW_(2018)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 07:13:02 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 13:13 UTC

On 2024-01-25 04:50:42 +0000, Bill Anderson said:

> Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
> a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
> and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
> in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
> Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
> the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
> I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
> pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
> ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
> actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
> lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
> watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.

I ran across the DVD in the bargain bin last August. The thing that
stuck with me was how Dinklage seemed to mumble his way through the
whole thing, not giving a much of a reaction to anything.

From the director of Meadowland which I also own and enjoyed more. He
started out as a cinematographer so it follows his films are going to
look really nice.

Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<sTwsN.255929$Wp_8.82254@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5742&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5742

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: pwallace@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:28:56 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:28 UTC

On 1/24/2024 11:50 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
> a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
> and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
> in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
> Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
> the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
> I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
> pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
> ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
> actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
> lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
> watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.

It's a drama mystery sci-fi. IMDb says so...

Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<1nOdnbheb9CLOy_4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5743&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5743

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW
(2018)
From: bill.anderson@my-deja.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:19:02 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:19 UTC

moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
> On 1/24/2024 11:50 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
>>
>> Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
>> a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
>> and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
>> in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
>> Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
>> the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
>> I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
>> pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
>> ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
>> actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
>> lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
>> watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.
>
> It's a drama mystery sci-fi. IMDb says so...

So IMDB is confused too. Nice try, though.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<dDOdnZuXge346Sv4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5744&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5744

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: bill.anderson@my-deja.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:36:05 +0000
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:36 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> On 2024-01-25 04:50:42 +0000, Bill Anderson said:
>
>> Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
>> a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
>> and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
>> in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
>> Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
>> the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
>> I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
>> pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
>> ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
>> actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
>> lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
>> watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.
>
> I ran across the DVD in the bargain bin last August. The thing that
> stuck with me was how Dinklage seemed to mumble his way through the
> whole thing, not giving a much of a reaction to anything.
>
> From the director of Meadowland which I also own and enjoyed more. He
> started out as a cinematographer so it follows his films are going to
> look really nice.

Yep, all perfectly true. One thing I missed, though, and while of course I
could go back and have a look, I don’t really care enough to take the
trouble. So maybe you can tell me what happened to the dog? Did Dinklage
serve it for dinner? I’m guessing he did, but I didn’t see it happen.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW (2018)

<up77eq$aifp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5745&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5745

From: super70s@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:52:58 -0600
 by: super70s - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 03:52 UTC

On 2024-01-28 15:36:05 +0000, Bill Anderson said:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-25 04:50:42 +0000, Bill Anderson said:
>>
>>> Peter Dinklage is the last man on earth, passing his days happily alone in
>>> a library by a lake, dining on fresh caught trout, reading the classics,
>>> and meticulously burying the bodies he finds when he searches for batteries
>>> in the neighborhood homes. But oh darn, another survivor in the form of
>>> Elle Fanning shows up to give the movie a plot. I was just browsing through
>>> the Prime Video offerings and came across this and it seemed intriguing and
>>> I watched it all, mostly because of the beautiful cinematography, the
>>> pensive score, and of the promise of Paul Giamatti. Eventually the story
>>> ran off the rails, way way off the rails, which is too bad because I was
>>> actually enjoying the thing. Is it a drama, a satire, a comment on our
>>> lives, a horror movie? I don’t know what it is and I don’t recommend you
>>> watch it. But if you do watch it I’d love to hear what you think you saw.
>>
>> I ran across the DVD in the bargain bin last August. The thing that
>> stuck with me was how Dinklage seemed to mumble his way through the
>> whole thing, not giving a much of a reaction to anything.
>>
>> From the director of Meadowland which I also own and enjoyed more. He
>> started out as a cinematographer so it follows his films are going to
>> look really nice.
>>

> Yep, all perfectly true. One thing I missed, though, and while of course I
> could go back and have a look, I don’t really care enough to take the
> trouble. So maybe you can tell me what happened to the dog? Did Dinklage
> serve it for dinner? I’m guessing he did, but I didn’t see it happen.

It seems like I remember that but I couldn't swear to it, it's been a
while since I watched it and like you I don't want rewatch it anytime
soon. :)