From: super70s@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Pollock (2000)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 01:54:41 -0600
 by: super70s - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:54 UTC

This was a TCM premiere for their "31 Days of Oscar" marathon (every now
and then they screw up and show a good movie made in this century).

I'd always wanted to see this archetypal "tortured artist" biopic, but
it somehow fell through the cracks.

Excellent film, I was interested to learn the artist didn't develop his
famous "dripping" techique until well into his career (halfway through
the movie).

We learn in TCM host Ben Makiewicz's intro and outro that this movie
became an obsession with titular actor Ed Harris, after his father
remarked how he bore a striking resemblance to Jackson Pollock. He read
several books on the artist and actually learned how to paint in
Pollock's style.

Props for all involved, including Marcia Gay Harden as Pollock's wife
Lee Krasner in an Oscar-winning Best Actress role.

Re: Pollock (2000)

<419871ca839c270deae69ecebe64f18f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5761&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#5761

From: HenHanna@dev.null (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: Re: Pollock (2000)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 21:09:26 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 21:09 UTC

super70s wrote:

> This was a TCM premiere for their "31 Days of Oscar" marathon (every now
> and then they screw up and show a good movie made in this century).

> I'd always wanted to see this archetypal "tortured artist" biopic, but
> it somehow fell through the cracks.

> Excellent film, I was interested to learn the artist didn't develop his
> famous "dripping" techique until well into his career (halfway through
> the movie).

> We learn in TCM host Ben Makiewicz's intro and outro that this movie
> became an obsession with titular actor Ed Harris, after his father
> remarked how he bore a striking resemblance to Jackson Pollock. He read
> several books on the artist and actually learned how to paint in
> Pollock's style.

> Props for all involved, including Marcia Gay Harden as Pollock's wife
> Lee Krasner in an Oscar-winning Best Actress role.

Yes... Great movie... i have it on DVD.

i watched it a few times recently.

(i started using X-Face yesterday.)