From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.animation
Subject: [NEWS]_?Twilight?_Animated_Series_Being_Shopped_by_Lionsgate_Television
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 17:59:17 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 04:59 UTC

Disney are remaking all their animated movies as live-action, nor
Lionsgate wants to do the reverse. Yet more lazy-ass Hollywierd fad
silliness. :-(

'Twilight' Animated Series Being Shopped by Lionsgate Television
Lionsgate is expanding the "Twilight" franchise with a new
animated series, Variety has confirmed.

Michael Burns, vice chairman of Lionsgate, shared the news
during a Q&A at the Morgan Stanley media conference on Tuesday,
revealing, "We're going to go out with the 'Twilight' series, an
animated series, I think there'll be a lot of interest in that."

Last April, Variety reported that a "Twilight" TV series
adaptation was in very early development at Lionsgate
Television.

The animated series would be based on the Stephanie Meyer book
series of the same name, which was previously adapted into a
film franchise, starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and
Taylor Lautner.

There were four "Twilight" novels - "Twilight," "New Moon,"
"Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" - published between 2005 and 2008.
In 2015, Meyer released the book "Life and Death: Twilight
Reimagined," which gender-swapped the two main characters, Bella
and Edward. Meyer then released "Midnight Sun" in 2020, which
told the story of the first book from Edward's perspective
rather than Bella's.

The film franchise, collectively known as "The Twilight Saga,"
was comprised of five films (the "Breaking Dawn" book was split
into two) that were released between 2008 and 2012. The five
"Twilight" films grossed over $3 billion at the global box
office in total.

Burns also revealed that Lionsgate is expanding the "John Wick"
franchise with a new series, saying, "I think we'll take one of
our great action franchises starring Keanu Reeves, I think it'll
be a television series."

Reeves portrayed the titular gun-fu action hero in four films,
released between 2014 and 2023. The upcoming "John Wick" show
comes on the heels of the prequel miniseries "The Continental,"
which premiered on Peacock in September 2023.

<https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/twilight-animated-series-shopped-lionsgate-television-1235931688/>