From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:34:06 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:34 UTC

YAMID = Yet Another Movie ID

I just saw the movie "Escape the Field" [a] which
reminded me of a kind of similar reject I watched
a few months ago on, I dunno, maybe SyFy or another
home of trash.

Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
and have to run to freedom.

They have no idea where they are.

While trying to get out, they run into
lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
(but might be misremembering) some land mines.

What I do recall is some of them finding
a road and... there's a small grocery store
which turns out to be one of the traps.

Sound at all familiar? Thanks

[a] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_the_Field

dannyb@panix.com

Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...

<lh7roi5sou9d5e3qnk52sudlmjt0ivhm0e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=578&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#578

From: psperson@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 08:12:46 -0800
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:12 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:34:06 +0000, danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com>
wrote:

>YAMID = Yet Another Movie ID
>
>I just saw the movie "Escape the Field" [a] which
>reminded me of a kind of similar reject I watched
>a few months ago on, I dunno, maybe SyFy or another
>home of trash.
>
>Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
>and have to run to freedom.
>
>They have no idea where they are.
>
>While trying to get out, they run into
>lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
>(but might be misremembering) some land mines.
>
>What I do recall is some of them finding
>a road and... there's a small grocery store
>which turns out to be one of the traps.
>
>Sound at all familiar? Thanks

/The Hunt/.

It may have been on SyFy, but I wouldn't call it trash.

It satirizes all sides.

--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,

Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...

<umkalu$bfh$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=579&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#579

From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:18:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:18 UTC

In <lh7roi5sou9d5e3qnk52sudlmjt0ivhm0e@4ax.com> Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> writes:

[snip]

>>Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
>>and have to run to freedom.
>>
>>They have no idea where they are.
>>
>>While trying to get out, they run into
>>lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
>>(but might be misremembering) some land mines.
>>
>>What I do recall is some of them finding
>>a road and... there's a small grocery store
>>which turns out to be one of the traps.
>>
>>Sound at all familiar? Thanks

>/The Hunt/.

>It may have been on SyFy, but I wouldn't call it trash.

>It satirizes all sides.

Yep, that's it.

So what do you call something that even the garbage
collectors would turn down?

Thanks!

dannyb@panix.com

Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...

<umki6d$g0ep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=580&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#580

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:27:11 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 19:27 UTC

On 12/28/2023 9:18 AM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <lh7roi5sou9d5e3qnk52sudlmjt0ivhm0e@4ax.com> Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
>>> and have to run to freedom.
>>>
>>> They have no idea where they are.
>>>
>>> While trying to get out, they run into
>>> lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
>>> (but might be misremembering) some land mines.
>>>
>>> What I do recall is some of them finding
>>> a road and... there's a small grocery store
>>> which turns out to be one of the traps.
>>>
>>> Sound at all familiar? Thanks
>
>> /The Hunt/.
>
>> It may have been on SyFy, but I wouldn't call it trash.
>
>> It satirizes all sides.
>
> Yep, that's it.
>
> So what do you call something that even the garbage
> collectors would turn down?

A typical Hollweird movie.

dirty old man.

Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...

<a7stoi5vk7ok14j7mppja0eium22464edq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=582&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#582

From: psperson@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 08:18:18 -0800
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:18 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:18:54 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>In <lh7roi5sou9d5e3qnk52sudlmjt0ivhm0e@4ax.com> Paul S Person <psperson@old.netcom.invalid> writes:
>
>[snip]
>
>>>Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
>>>and have to run to freedom.
>>>
>>>They have no idea where they are.
>>>
>>>While trying to get out, they run into
>>>lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
>>>(but might be misremembering) some land mines.
>>>
>>>What I do recall is some of them finding
>>>a road and... there's a small grocery store
>>>which turns out to be one of the traps.
>>>
>>>Sound at all familiar? Thanks
>
>>/The Hunt/.
>
>>It may have been on SyFy, but I wouldn't call it trash.
>
>>It satirizes all sides.
>
>Yep, that's it.
>
>So what do you call something that even the garbage
>collectors would turn down?

Who can say? I have no garbage collectors that I know to ask what
movies they would turn down if given the opportunity to watch them.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,
Giving as his excuse, 'I never knew him.'"

Re: YAMID: group of strangers wake up in a field...

<w9GdnXUYxowMAQr4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=584&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#584

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 06:07:13 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 06:07 UTC

> danny burstein wrote:
> YAMID = Yet Another Movie ID
>
> I just saw the movie "Escape the Field" [a] which
> reminded me of a kind of similar reject I watched
> a few months ago on, I dunno, maybe SyFy or another
> home of trash.
>
> Theme was a bunch of strangers wake up in a field
> and have to run to freedom.
>
> They have no idea where they are.
>
> While trying to get out, they run into
> lots of deadly obstacles, which I think
> (but might be misremembering) some land mines.
>
> What I do recall is some of them finding
> a road and... there's a small grocery store
> which turns out to be one of the traps.
>
> Sound at all familiar? Thanks
>
> [a] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_the_Field

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13
encoded]

The Condemned (2007) ??

Both films follow a group of strangers who wake up in a mysterious
place with no memory of how they got there. They must fight for their
lives as they are hunted by armed mercenaries.

Both films take place in a remote and dangerous location. In
"Escape the Field," the characters are trapped in a
cornfield. In "The Condemned," the characters are trapped on
a remote island.

Both films feature a diverse group of characters with different
backgrounds and skills. They must work together to survive and find a
way to escape.

Both films feature a variety of deadly obstacles that the characters
must overcome in order to survive. These obstacles include land mines,
booby traps, and dangerous creatures.

In both films, the characters have no idea who is behind the deadly
game they are trapped in. They must use their wits and skills to
uncover the truth and find a way to escape.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657949916#657949916