If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced mePamela Brown
`* Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced meNorbert K
 `* Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced mePamela Brown
  `* Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced meNorbert K
   `- Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced mePamela Brown

1
Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

<93fea84f-4bca-4b62-9718-ebf7bb6ba882n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5892&group=rec.music.beatles#5892

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 04:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 11:30 UTC

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 7:44:05 PM UTC-5, blu...@comcast.net wrote:
> HERE’S ANOTHER CLUE FOR YOU ALL…
>
> (The Beatles planted clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me)
>
> I've been fascinated with this rumor since I was a teenager in 1969.
> The P. McC we all know and love is undoubtedly the same guy he's
> always been. The replacement theory is laughable BUT the question I've
> been wondering is: Did the Beatles really plant some clues themselves
> and then leak it to the media soon after Abbey Road's release??
>
> It seems to me that the majority of ‘”clues" are in the eye/ear of the
> beholder. Those of us who remember when the rumor first appeared will
> remember that the rumor came with a convenient ready-made list of
> clues: Turn me on dead man, Paul is a dead man miss him, “You were in
> a car crash and you lost your hair”, not to mention all the stuff in
> Rev 9. So all of the sudden, some mysterious person supposedly called
> some DJ and laid out all these clues.
>
> I believe The Beatles did start to plant little hints around the time
> of SP with the idea that they would eventually have some Apple
> employee call that radio station and kickstart the “Paul is Dead"
> phenomenon. What convinced me is a clue that I've never seen mentioned
> anywhere. On the Sgt. Pepper cover, there are the wax figures of the
> earlier Beatles. Look at Ringo's expression as he looks down at the
> “grave". He is clearly sad. Paul has his hand on Ringo's shoulder to
> comfort him. That's not what the Tussaud's Wax Museum Beatles looked
> like. Their expressions were altered for the cover!!
>
> The Beatles led the pack because they were by far the cleverest boys
> on the block. They had the highest collective musical IQ. I could
> definitely see them planning this and pulling it off. I'm sure they
> were quite amused by the reaction. Although they didn't need gimmicks
> to sell records, the rumor definitely didnt hurt the sales of Abbey
> Road.
They would do that. They are that smart.
Oddly, when I was asked to do an essay for Car Crash Culture, "SS100X"--about the JFK assassination limo-- it turned out there was another essay about the "Paul is Dead" theory
https://www.amazon.com/Car-Crash-Culture-Mikita-Brottman/dp/0312240384
Pamela

Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

<7cf063eb-6e64-4feb-8e49-c45a14abdaaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5895&group=rec.music.beatles#5895

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 05:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 12:03 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:30:21 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 7:44:05 PM UTC-5, blu...@comcast.net wrote:
> > HERE’S ANOTHER CLUE FOR YOU ALL…
> >
> > (The Beatles planted clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me)
> >
> > I've been fascinated with this rumor since I was a teenager in 1969.
> > The P. McC we all know and love is undoubtedly the same guy he's
> > always been. The replacement theory is laughable BUT the question I've
> > been wondering is: Did the Beatles really plant some clues themselves
> > and then leak it to the media soon after Abbey Road's release??
> >
> > It seems to me that the majority of ‘”clues" are in the eye/ear of the
> > beholder. Those of us who remember when the rumor first appeared will
> > remember that the rumor came with a convenient ready-made list of
> > clues: Turn me on dead man, Paul is a dead man miss him, “You were in
> > a car crash and you lost your hair”, not to mention all the stuff in
> > Rev 9. So all of the sudden, some mysterious person supposedly called
> > some DJ and laid out all these clues.
> >
> > I believe The Beatles did start to plant little hints around the time
> > of SP with the idea that they would eventually have some Apple
> > employee call that radio station and kickstart the “Paul is Dead"
> > phenomenon. What convinced me is a clue that I've never seen mentioned
> > anywhere. On the Sgt. Pepper cover, there are the wax figures of the
> > earlier Beatles. Look at Ringo's expression as he looks down at the
> > “grave". He is clearly sad. Paul has his hand on Ringo's shoulder to
> > comfort him. That's not what the Tussaud's Wax Museum Beatles looked
> > like. Their expressions were altered for the cover!!
> >
> > The Beatles led the pack because they were by far the cleverest boys
> > on the block. They had the highest collective musical IQ. I could
> > definitely see them planning this and pulling it off. I'm sure they
> > were quite amused by the reaction. Although they didn't need gimmicks
> > to sell records, the rumor definitely didnt hurt the sales of Abbey
> > Road.
> They would do that. They are that smart.
> Oddly, when I was asked to do an essay for Car Crash Culture, "SS100X"--about the JFK assassination limo-- it turned out there was another essay about the "Paul is Dead" theory
> https://www.amazon.com/Car-Crash-Culture-Mikita-Brottman/dp/0312240384
> Pamela

I agree that they were clever enough to pull off such a hoax, but there was no need for it; they were spectacularly successful. Moreover, none of the purported "clues" stand up to scrutiny.

Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

<676d3561-9938-46ab-9122-c4c3e653e5c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5900&group=rec.music.beatles#5900

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 06:07:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 13:07 UTC

On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 7:03:52 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:30:21 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
> > On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 7:44:05 PM UTC-5, blu...@comcast.net wrote:
> > > HERE’S ANOTHER CLUE FOR YOU ALL…
> > >
> > > (The Beatles planted clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me)
> > >
> > > I've been fascinated with this rumor since I was a teenager in 1969.
> > > The P. McC we all know and love is undoubtedly the same guy he's
> > > always been. The replacement theory is laughable BUT the question I've
> > > been wondering is: Did the Beatles really plant some clues themselves
> > > and then leak it to the media soon after Abbey Road's release??
> > >
> > > It seems to me that the majority of ‘”clues" are in the eye/ear of the
> > > beholder. Those of us who remember when the rumor first appeared will
> > > remember that the rumor came with a convenient ready-made list of
> > > clues: Turn me on dead man, Paul is a dead man miss him, “You were in
> > > a car crash and you lost your hair”, not to mention all the stuff in
> > > Rev 9. So all of the sudden, some mysterious person supposedly called
> > > some DJ and laid out all these clues.
> > >
> > > I believe The Beatles did start to plant little hints around the time
> > > of SP with the idea that they would eventually have some Apple
> > > employee call that radio station and kickstart the “Paul is Dead"
> > > phenomenon. What convinced me is a clue that I've never seen mentioned
> > > anywhere. On the Sgt. Pepper cover, there are the wax figures of the
> > > earlier Beatles. Look at Ringo's expression as he looks down at the
> > > “grave". He is clearly sad. Paul has his hand on Ringo's shoulder to
> > > comfort him. That's not what the Tussaud's Wax Museum Beatles looked
> > > like. Their expressions were altered for the cover!!
> > >
> > > The Beatles led the pack because they were by far the cleverest boys
> > > on the block. They had the highest collective musical IQ. I could
> > > definitely see them planning this and pulling it off. I'm sure they
> > > were quite amused by the reaction. Although they didn't need gimmicks
> > > to sell records, the rumor definitely didnt hurt the sales of Abbey
> > > Road.
> > They would do that. They are that smart.
> > Oddly, when I was asked to do an essay for Car Crash Culture, "SS100X"--about the JFK assassination limo-- it turned out there was another essay about the "Paul is Dead" theory
> > https://www.amazon.com/Car-Crash-Culture-Mikita-Brottman/dp/0312240384
> > Pamela
> I agree that they were clever enough to pull off such a hoax, but there was no need for it; they were spectacularly successful. Moreover, none of the purported "clues" stand up to scrutiny.
Maybe...but they also did weird things, like the baby dolls in pieces cover, so I wouldn't put anything past them...
https://allthatsinteresting.com/paul-is-dead

Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

<07d09d97-6aa4-43d9-ab38-a6e5315dffe9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5903&group=rec.music.beatles#5903

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 04:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertkosky69@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:40 UTC

On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 6:07:56 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 7:03:52 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

> > > They would do that. They are that smart.
> > > Oddly, when I was asked to do an essay for Car Crash Culture, "SS100X"--about the JFK assassination limo-- it turned out there was another essay about the "Paul is Dead" theory
> > > https://www.amazon.com/Car-Crash-Culture-Mikita-Brottman/dp/0312240384
> > > Pamela
> > I agree that they were clever enough to pull off such a hoax, but there was no need for it; they were spectacularly successful. Moreover, none of the purported "clues" stand up to scrutiny.
> Maybe...but they also did weird things, like the baby dolls in pieces cover, so I wouldn't put anything past them...
> https://allthatsinteresting.com/paul-is-dead

Well, there was a piece in Gadfly magazine that argued along the lines of: "Planting Paul is dead clues is the kind of prank Lennon would delight in." But is it, really? Where else, at that point, had Lennon perpetrated such a hoax?

Yes, I'm familiar with that line in "How Do You Sleep?", but that a different period and Lennon's attitude toward Paul had been poisoned by then."

Re: The Beatles planted PID clues on purpose. Here's what convinced me

<56f76386-c55b-4e48-aa82-e76306893668n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=5906&group=rec.music.beatles#5906

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 04:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamelajfk1@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:52 UTC

On Friday, October 6, 2023 at 6:40:03 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 6:07:56 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > I agree that they were clever enough to pull off such a hoax, but there was no need for it; they were spectacularly successful. Moreover, none of the purported "clues" stand up to scrutiny.
> > Maybe...but they also did weird things, like the baby dolls in pieces cover, so I wouldn't put anything past them...
> > https://allthatsinteresting.com/paul-is-dead
> Well, there was a piece in Gadfly magazine that argued along the lines of: "Planting Paul is dead clues is the kind of prank Lennon would delight in.." But is it, really? Where else, at that point, had Lennon perpetrated such a hoax?
>
> Yes, I'm familiar with that line in "How Do You Sleep?", but that a different period and Lennon's attitude toward Paul had been poisoned by then."
I don't know about that. The rivalry between them could have been active in Lennon's mind at the time of the "Paul is Dead" mystery, and that became clear in "How do you Sleep"...

After all, from John's standpoint, as much as Paul contributed, he was also a player, and was stealing the limelight from John, who had created the Beatles. This is quite evident to me in their performances in the Roof Concert. It was all Paul's show...John just looked a bit silly and tired, dressed up in a woman's fur coat...

Pamela