Bushydo -- the way of the shrub. Bonsai!

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

SubjectAuthor
* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?gggg gggg
+* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
|`* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Herman
| +* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Frank Lekens
| |`- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
| +- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
| +* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
| |`* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Herman
| | `- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
| +- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
| `* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
|  `* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Herman
|   `* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
|    `* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Herman
|     +* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Andy Evans
|     |`* OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
|     | `- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
|     `- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S
`- OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?Marc S

1
OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<ed4f46f7-dba4-4d0c-839a-bc8baab504f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61627&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61627

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 21:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 04:07 UTC

Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?:

- ...And we avoid the trap that befalls much US media – the tendency, born of a desire to please all sides, to engage in false equivalence in the name of neutrality. While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and for reproductive justice. When we report on issues like the climate crisis, we’re not afraid to name who is responsible. And as a global news organization, we’re able to provide a fresh, outsider perspective on US politics – one so often missing from the insular American media bubble...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/25/a-symbol-of-what-humans-shouldnt-be-doing-the-new-world-of-octopus-farming

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<005d5cff-a0fc-4abf-a355-efd7d2557ef1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61629&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61629

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 21:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 04:41 UTC

gggg gggg schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 06:08:00 UTC+2:
> Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?:

Well, according to the quote you mentioned, yes, it is - "Fairness guides everything we do".

> - ...And we avoid the trap that befalls much US media – the tendency, born of a desire to please all sides, to engage in false equivalence in the name of neutrality. While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and for reproductive justice. When we report on issues like the climate crisis, we’re not afraid to name who is responsible. And as a global news organization, we’re able to provide a fresh, outsider perspective on US politics – one so often missing from the insular American media bubble...
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/25/a-symbol-of-what-humans-shouldnt-be-doing-the-new-world-of-octopus-farming

I don't know in what reality you are living in, but it's very obvious to me, the world has passed you by: Nearly all US mainstream media (NBC, ABC, CBS) are very vocal about fighting against racism, climate crisis and reproductive justice - they are not only vocal, they are completely obsessed to the point of being ridiculous and completely unreliable. So, I don't really understand what's supposed to be new about the stance of the Oklahoma Eagle.... they are just continuing in the tradition which has already been established - by the elites btw.

It's funny that idiots like you g think you are anti-establishment, while all you are doing is acting on the will of the ruling class ;D They have completely brainwashed you into their service: Fight racism, Fight climate, Fight Covid, Fight for Transgender rights - now who fights for the workers rights? Noone G is fighting for people like you; you probably have little money, nothing to do and are likely just wasting away... dignity? You don't have it in this world, plants have more dignity than you have ;D

The workers of this world are being sacrificed again.

Trump was and is pretty much anti-establishment; a punk if you will, his politics were much better for the working class.

BTW: You put the wrong link below your quote: https://theokeagle.com/2023/05/21/the-oklahoma-eagle-wins-best-page-design-award-in-great-plains-journalism-contest/

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<6e72a7db-b250-45d3-a109-5b361cf7b107n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61632&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61632

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 22:19:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 05:19 UTC

gggg gggg schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 06:08:00 UTC+2:
> Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?:
>
> - ...And we avoid the trap that befalls much US media – the tendency, born of a desire to please all sides, to engage in false equivalence in the name of neutrality. While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and for reproductive justice. When we report on issues like the climate crisis, we’re not afraid to name who is responsible. And as a global news organization, we’re able to provide a fresh, outsider perspective on US politics – one so often missing from the insular American media bubble...
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/25/a-symbol-of-what-humans-shouldnt-be-doing-the-new-world-of-octopus-farming

I am waiting for a new "Workers Deal" after all the green deals ;D Wouldn't that be sth nice for a change?

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<5ee23f65-8fb2-4b05-84b7-00bb36ad810fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61633&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61633

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 23:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: herstx@yahoo.com (Herman)
 by: Herman - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 06:07 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 6:41:56 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:

> Trump was and is pretty much anti-establishment; a punk if you will, his politics were much better for the working class.

The phrase "drank the Kool-aid" come to mind, don't know why.

https://www.epi.org/blog/president-trump-has-attacked-workers-safety-wages-and-rights-since-day-one/

President Trump has attacked workers’ safety, wages, and rights since Day One
From President Trump’s first day on the job, his administration has systematically promoted the interests of corporate executives and shareholders over those of working people. The current administration has rolled back worker protections, proposed budgets that slash funding for agencies that safeguard workers’ rights, wages, and safety, and consistently attacked workers’ ability to organize and collectively bargain. The pandemic has provided the administration an opportunity to continue its attack on workers’ rights. We recently published a report that looks at the 50 most egregious actions the Trump administration has taken against workers, but here we take a look at five of the worst actions on that list.

The Trump administration failed to adequately address the coronavirus pandemic
Despite the widespread reach of COVID-19 in the workplace, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has refused to issue an Emergency Temporary Standard to protect workers during the pandemic. OSHA is also failing to enforce the Occupational Safety and Health Act during the pandemic. Despite nearly 10,000 complaints from workers about unsafe working conditions from COVID-19, the agency has only issued a handful of citations for failure to protect workers. In addition, the Centers for Disease Control issued dangerous guidelines that allowed essential workers to continue to work even if they may have been exposed to the coronavirus—as long as they appear to be asymptomatic and the employer implements additional limited precautions. The lack of these basic protections has led to thousands of essential workers becoming infected with the coronavirus, and many have died as a result.

While Congress passed the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA) and the CARES Act to provide workers with temporary paid sick leave and unemployment insurance (UI) expansion, the Trump administration issued temporary guidance that weakened worker protections under these relief and recovery measures. For example, the Department of Labor (DOL) excluded millions of workers from paid leave provisions under the FFCRA, including 9 million health care workers and 4.4 million first responders, before revising the rule after a federal judge invalidated parts of the original rule in August. Further, the Trump administration has vehemently opposed the extension of the $600 increase of unemployment insurance benefits and additional aid to state and local governments. The lack of fiscal relief will cost millions of jobs, including 5.3 million jobs due to insufficient federal aid to state and local governments and 5.1 million jobs due to the expiration of the $600 boost in UI.

The Trump administration attacked workers’ wages
Since Trump took office, the Department of Labor (DOL) rolled back numerous regulations that protected the wages of working people. For starters, the Trump DOL prevented millions of workers from receiving overtime pay by not defending the Obama administration’s 2016 overtime rule, but instead finalizing their own, weaker overtime rule in September 2019. Roughly 8.2 million workers who would have benefited from the 2016 rule have been left behind by the Trump administration’s rule.

The Trump DOL also finalized a new joint-employer standard under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which narrowed the set of circumstances whereby a firm could be deemed a joint employer under the FLSA. The Trump DOL’s final rule substantially limits shared liability for wage and hour violations, making it harder for workers to hold all parties who set their terms of employment accountable. EPI estimated the ruling will cost workers more than $1 billion annually. A federal court struck down most of this rule, holding that the Trump DOL failed to account for some of the rule’s “important costs, including costs to workers.”

One of the Trump DOL’s most egregious rulemakings was the proposed “tip stealing” rule, which would allow employers to pocket the tips of their employees, as long as workers are paid the minimum wage. EPI’s estimates showed that, if finalized, the rule would have resulted in $5.8 billion in lost wages of tipped workers each year. However, before the rule was finalized, reports found that the Secretary of Labor went to great lengths to hide DOL’s economic analysis that showed the rule would have been costly to workers. In the wake of this news, Congress added a section to the Fair Labor Standards Act that prohibits employers from keeping tips received by employees, ultimately making the proposed rule invalid.

The Trump administration undermined workers’ collective bargaining rights
Under President Trump, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has systematically rolled back workers’ rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which provides workers the fundamental right to organize and bargain collectively. The Trump NLRB has engaged in an unprecedented number of rulemakings aimed at overturning existing worker protections, including narrowing the joint-employer standard under the NLRA and obstructing workers’ right to fair union elections. Further, the Trump NLRB has issued a series of significant decisions weakening worker protections such as hindering workers’ ability to organize during nonwork hours and allowing the misclassification of workers. As a result, the Trump NLRB has completed the wish list of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce—the largest corporate lobbying firm in the U.S.

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<nnd$1c4478f5$62db095d@56f04070c17969bd>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61634&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61634

Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:48:46 +0200
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankhaalditmaarweglekens@xs4all.invalid (Frank Lekens)
 by: Frank Lekens - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 06:48 UTC

Op 28-6-2023 om 08:07 schreef Herman:

> The phrase "drank the Kool-aid" come to mind, don't know why.
>
> https://www.epi.org/blog/president-trump-has-attacked-workers-safety-wages-and-rights-since-day-one/

You make some excellent points, but most rewarding of all for me is the
mention of this expression, that I'd never heard of before. Interesting!
--
Frank Lekens

http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
https://franklekens.blogspot.nl/

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<6b21131d-a296-4cc7-923e-ed7b9d7666bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61636&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61636

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 23:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 06:56 UTC

Herman schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 08:07:17 UTC+2:
> [...]
> Under President Trump, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has systematically rolled back workers’ rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which provides workers the fundamental right to organize and bargain collectively. The Trump NLRB has engaged in an unprecedented number of rulemakings aimed at overturning existing worker protections, including narrowing the joint-employer standard under the NLRA and obstructing workers’ right to fair union elections. Further, the Trump NLRB has issued a series of significant decisions weakening worker protections such as hindering workers’ ability to organize during nonwork hours and allowing the misclassification of workers. As a result, the Trump NLRB has completed the wish list of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce—the largest corporate lobbying firm in the U.S.

Dude... I have expressed my own thoughts; it's obviously you who has been drinking the Kool-Aid of strangers: You quoted a whole text - not a single independant thought of yours.

To form an independant opinion Herman you would have to quote different sources; and not just one that fits your narrative: In this case that of a leftist, pseudo-marxist organization - sure as hell they won't be positive about anything Trump ever did ;D

You must be fucking blind to not have realized that Trump was anti-establishment ;D Every major news center in the west vented against him - unisono....

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<4f13e310-f007-4d5a-8c24-6d13682735f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61637&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61637

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:02 UTC

Frank Lekens schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 08:48:52 UTC+2:
> Op 28-6-2023 om 08:07 schreef Herman:
> > The phrase "drank the Kool-aid" come to mind, don't know why.
> >
> > https://www.epi.org/blog/president-trump-has-attacked-workers-safety-wages-and-rights-since-day-one/
> You make some excellent points, but most rewarding of all for me is the
> mention of this expression, that I'd never heard of before. Interesting!

He did not make a single point you donkey; he quoted a whole text written by another person without having thought about it critically...

Neal / vhorowitz has used the "kool-aid" phrase recently wrt to Herman btw.... seems as Herman is projecting again; he's the one drinking the kool-aid of leftist news outlets about Trump and Geert Wilders ;D

vhorowitz schrieb am Freitag, 19. Mai 2023 um 06:50:36 UTC+2:

> > > The "brilliance" wasn't obvious at all.
> > >
> > We know. You prefer kid violinists, 11-year olds.
> > your enthusiasms are tasteless and risible.
> > your hearing is problematic, you keep
> > complaining about screechy or wobbly intonation
> > with top violinists, while you're admiring
> > kiddies on 3/4 fiddles in Asia's Funniest Home Videos.
> >
> > Maybe someone in your family (if you have any)
> > advise you to stop talking,
> > you're everything you say about old Serkin.
> Such language and moronic posturing only shows you as the lowlife you aspire to be. Congratulations on achieving another level of douchedom. I think it’s time for you to retire again from this forum, before you accidentally say something of Intelligence and give us all heart attacks. Maybe that’s the way you could finally get rid of those of us who don’t drink the same brand of Kool-Aid you’ve gotten into.

> --
> Frank Lekens
>
> http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
> https://franklekens.blogspot.nl/

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<53158f17-2bd9-4f44-b792-c477b2acea1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61638&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61638

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:03:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:03 UTC

> [...]
> Under President Trump, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has systematically rolled back workers’ rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which provides workers the fundamental right to organize and bargain collectively. The Trump NLRB has engaged in an unprecedented number of rulemakings aimed at overturning existing worker protections, including narrowing the joint-employer standard under the NLRA and obstructing workers’ right to fair union elections. Further, the Trump NLRB has issued a series of significant decisions weakening worker protections such as hindering workers’ ability to organize during nonwork hours and allowing the misclassification of workers. As a result, the Trump NLRB has completed the wish list of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce—the largest corporate lobbying firm in the U.S.

How about you quote Corbyn on Trump the next time ;D That's sort of where EPI is politically... you are such a god damn moron lol

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<ee001d44-71b4-43ce-9dac-28dd6db5a5b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61639&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61639

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:07 UTC

> [...]
> Under President Trump, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has systematically rolled back workers’ rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which provides workers the fundamental right to organize and bargain collectively. The Trump NLRB has engaged in an unprecedented number of rulemakings aimed at overturning existing worker protections, including narrowing the joint-employer standard under the NLRA and obstructing workers’ right to fair union elections. Further, the Trump NLRB has issued a series of significant decisions weakening worker protections such as hindering workers’ ability to organize during nonwork hours and allowing the misclassification of workers. As a result, the Trump NLRB has completed the wish list of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce—the largest corporate lobbying firm in the U.S.

How about you enlighten us what Biden did for the workers and what Trump did for the workers... for example: Trump not signing the green deal was pro-worker ;) Biden's "Student Debt Relief" and his economic policies were very much anti-worker.

You serve the establishment of Ursula von der Leyen, just as Andy does... just as all the leftist outlets in Europe do...

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<72d224f7-3e00-4dfd-a068-1f337917bf7cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61640&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61640

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:19:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:19 UTC

> [...]
> Under President Trump, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has systematically rolled back workers’ rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which provides workers the fundamental right to organize and bargain collectively. The Trump NLRB has engaged in an unprecedented number of rulemakings aimed at overturning existing worker protections, including narrowing the joint-employer standard under the NLRA and obstructing workers’ right to fair union elections. Further, the Trump NLRB has issued a series of significant decisions weakening worker protections such as hindering workers’ ability to organize during nonwork hours and allowing the misclassification of workers. As a result, the Trump NLRB has completed the wish list of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce—the largest corporate lobbying firm in the U.S.

There was/is a huge inflation during the Biden-era - not the case under Trump... again Trump was better for the workers...

What about the gas prices in the USA? Biden sure fucked things up... Was this good for the workers? I highly doubt so...

"During a Thursday speech in Syracuse, New York, Biden accurately said that gas prices, now averaging about $3.76 per gallon, have declined by roughly $1.25 since this year’s June peak of over $5 per gallon. But then he claimed, “Today, the most common price of gas in America is $3.39 – down from over $5 when I took office.” People in the audience applauded.

Facts First: Biden’s claim that the most common gas price when he took office was more than $5 isn’t even close to true. The most common price for a gallon of regular gas on the day he was inaugurated, January 20, 2021, was $2.39, according to data provided to CNN by Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy – much lower than the most common price today, not much higher than the most common price today as Biden said. In other words, Biden made it sound like gas prices have fallen significantly during his presidency when they have actually increased significantly."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/fact-check-biden-gas-prices/index.html#:~:text=President%20Joe%20Biden%20has%20made,of%20over%20%245%20per%20gallon.

But sure... Herman... go drink Ursula von der Leyen's and the leftist news media outlet's piss and accuse others of drinking Kool-Aid ;D lol

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<eeade37b-a14e-4621-81a1-882a8f8129c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61641&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61641

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: herstx@yahoo.com (Herman)
 by: Herman - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:21 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:03:43 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:

> How about you quote Corbyn on Trump the next time ;D That's sort of where EPI is politically... you are such a god damn moron lol

Trump has an extended history of stiffing contractors, i.e. not paying them.. This is why the Trump Organization is constantly getting sued, trump preferring to pay his lawyers rather than the contractors who used to build his casinos and apartment buildings. So that's what he is like to 'workers'.

This whole anti-establishment thing is nonsense. The entire Republican Party is owned by Trump. It doesn't get more establishment than this. This thing about the media being against Trump is another canard. There are plenty media who used to support Trump, such as Fox News. Also the big big networks gave Trump insane amounts of airtime, including the famous footage of twenty minutes of an empty podium where Trump would appear at some point on national tv.
You're pretty much parroting the Trump propaganda.

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<7895aeb4-0306-4b64-ad78-5e51176e169en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61644&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61644

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: herstx@yahoo.com (Herman)
 by: Herman - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:25 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:19:43 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:

> There was/is a huge inflation during the Biden-era - not the case under Trump... again Trump was better for the workers...

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-112809830820

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<c1ab9632-9d3d-4075-aff9-31025c9d7ef9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61647&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61647

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:35:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:35 UTC

Herman schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 09:21:42 UTC+2:
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:03:43 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:
> >
> > How about you quote Corbyn on Trump the next time ;D That's sort of where EPI is politically... you are such a god damn moron lol
> Trump has an extended history of stiffing contractors, i.e. not paying them.

Ehhh... whatever... What about Scholz and the "Cum-Ex-Scandal"? What about Schröders relationship with Putin?... You think Trump is the only politician that did some illegal things eh? How about some nuances...

You concnetrate on sth bad Trump did and extrapolate this...

What does this has to do with Trump's politics concerning workers anyway?

The media was even making fun of Trump's hair - tells you all you need to know about them: They are completely superficial, just like you are.

> This is why the Trump Organization is constantly getting sued, trump preferring to pay his lawyers rather than the contractors who used to build his casinos and apartment buildings. So that's what he is like to 'workers'.

Man... sure Trump has done some bad things; but overall his policies favoured workers, much more so than Biden's - that's just an objective fact.

> This whole anti-establishment thing is nonsense. The entire Republican Party is owned by Trump.

No, it isn't... how about some nuances? A whole lot of republicans are actually against Trump lol... Time to reconnect with reality Herman...

> It doesn't get more establishment than this.

Huh? I think you don't really understand what actually is established these days "Transgender Healthcare", "Climate Change", "Racism" etc... and that Trump basically rallied against all the established "truths" put oout by the leftwing media.

> This thing about the media being against Trump is another canard. There are plenty media who used to support Trump, such as Fox News. Also the big big networks gave Trump insane amounts of airtime, including the famous footage of twenty minutes of an empty podium where Trump would appear at some point on national tv.

My dear friend... where the fuck have you been living the last 5-10 years? There was not plenty of media in the US or in EU that supported Trump... In Germany maybe there was 1 big newspaper (Bild) that as pro-trump, and die Welt was rather neutral... the rest of the media were all railing against trump as if he were the new Hitler; just remember how the utterly brainwashed Gerard was talking about Trump and "his SS"... LOL

> You're pretty much parroting the Trump propaganda.

Not really... it's rather the Trump-Derangement-Syndrom on your part; maybe Andy can provide you some psychological counselling ;)

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<3afe16ae-05bd-4632-9041-cc16fb82fe9bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61648&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61648

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:48 UTC

Herman schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 09:25:55 UTC+2:
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:19:43 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:
> >
> > There was/is a huge inflation during the Biden-era - not the case under Trump... again Trump was better for the workers...
> https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-112809830820

As opposed to you I have actually followed this a little bit more closely.... and it was kind of funny of the Dems trying to change the economical definition of "recession" so they could argue that tthere was no recession under the Biden administration...

See even the Guardian doesn't hide the fact that there was inflation in the US: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/28/republicans-blame-joe-biden-high-inflation

It's just they blame the republicans for it - because they are blamed for everything these days anyway... Ofc it's not the fault of the republicans; but you may drink the Kool-Aid of the guardian Herman ;)

Just because apnews tells you that transgender-women are women, does not make them women, Herman ;) Same goes for this.

I just don't expect you to be in anyway intelligent and educated enough to form your own opinions about this - economics or statistics you have no idea of; so all you can do is believe APN; just as all you could do was believing the leftwing dutch media about how to "fight" covid - lol. No wonder in the covid thread - you again forgot to be nuanced - and thought of "anti-vaxxers" as a death-squad. Not realizing that the whole covid policy of the western european nations was a big failure and inhumane ;D Forcing children to vaccinate themselves, even though they weren't even at danger from covid etc... but sure, if you are part of the game you will just continue playing it, eh Herman?... your daugher is probably quadruple vaxxed as well - hopefully no side effects.

It's also kind of funny how in another thread Andy was talking about how he was waiting for the vaccinations to come, being to scared to leave the house - well, look at what happened: 1st vaccination wasn't enough, 2cnd vaccination wasn't enough... no you needed a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th... how long was Andy willing to wait before leaving the house I ask myself lol ;D

Actually: Noone - except for some vulnerable groups - ever needed a vaccination - this is sth the western governments would have to acknowledge actually; they completly failed with regards to covid.

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<725137e9-f4b5-4f56-bb41-1cff0ce41412n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61649&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61649

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:57:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: herstx@yahoo.com (Herman)
 by: Herman - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:57 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:49:00 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:

> It's also kind of funny how in another thread Andy was talking about how he was waiting for the vaccinations to come, being to scared to leave the house - well, look at what happened: 1st vaccination wasn't enough, 2cnd vaccination wasn't enough... no you needed a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th... how long was Andy willing to wait before leaving the house I ask myself lol ;D

You don't know whether Andy had any pre-existing conditions, you don't know how old he is,
and first and foremost you don't have any modesty and respect towards other human beings.

Look, it's really quite simple. Everyone here knows. You're a bad kid. You're evil.
You're always LOL about other people's unhappiness, you love to insult and hurt people.
The stuff you said about Gerard and me, our parents would have been Hitler fans...
you don't know a thing.
you're just unfathomly bad and nasty, a complete pariah.
You keep hoping for DK's approval, hoping he'll do you
and hoping being as evil as you possibly can be will get you there.

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<8a163106-2ee6-47e7-b169-d4e8678a2850n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61651&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61651

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 01:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: performanceandmedia@gmail.com (Andy Evans)
 by: Andy Evans - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:16 UTC

On Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 08:58:01 UTC+1, Herman wrote:
> Look, it's really quite simple. Everyone here knows. You're a bad kid. You're evil.
> You're always LOL about other people's unhappiness, you love to insult and hurt people.
> The stuff you said about Gerard and me, our parents would have been Hitler fans...
> you don't know a thing.
> you're just unfathomly bad and nasty, a complete pariah.
> You keep hoping for DK's approval, hoping he'll do you
> and hoping being as evil as you possibly can be will get you there.

However true all this is, and I wouldn't argue with any of it, MS is simply a TROLL, nothing more or less than that.

The only thing to do is ignore him completely. He doesn't like that at all - when he gets no response to a single shit-stirring post he posts another and then another and then another. Just like pigeons pecking away mindlessly in lab experiments when they don't get any food. Starve him completely and watch him peck away - peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck......

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<89374b19-009d-454f-a342-f1e4142c0d0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61652&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61652

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 01:28:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:28 UTC

Herman schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 09:58:01 UTC+2:
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 9:49:00 AM UTC+2, Marc S wrote:
> >

> > It's also kind of funny how in another thread Andy was talking about how he was waiting for the vaccinations to come, being to scared to leave the house - well, look at what happened: 1st vaccination wasn't enough, 2cnd vaccination wasn't enough... no you needed a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th... how long was Andy willing to wait before leaving the house I ask myself lol ;D
> >
> You don't know whether Andy had any pre-existing conditions, you don't know how old he is,
> and first and foremost you don't have any modesty and respect towards other human beings.

Look man... as usual you are arguing besides the point. Actually - as opposed to you - I have respect for other human beings and don't expect them to act according to my wishes; as you do with Dan.

I respect Andy's choice to be vaccinated, but remember what the Dutch, British and German governments did: They did not respect the wishes of the people who didn't want to be vaccinated - say Frank's; now did you respect his choice as a human being? No... you guys - even Dan - made fun of him or people like him.

Instead what these supposedly "liberal" governemnts did was split the population into two factions and deemed the unvaccinated responsible for the spread of covid.

All of the mainstream western media which you so like to swallow proposed the following: Vaccination will stop the spreading.

Here you have Fauci spreading the lie of "vaccinated people becoming dead ends for covid":
"https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/553773-fauci-vaccinated-people-become-dead-ends-for-the-coronavirus/"

Now was Fauci criticised for this statement - which lacked any evidence - by the "liberal" media in the west? Nooo... Ioannidis and other professionals (wrt to epidemics and viruses) who criticised Fauci's irresponsible statement were the ones being criticised...

Now was Fauci's statement true? Obviously not. As many medical studies (some can be reviewed in "TheLancet" - one of the largest databases wrt medical studies) have shown, the vaccinated people did not stop the spread of the virus.

If you want to view this a bit more nuanced; try this:

Vaccinated people were allowed by the liberal governments in the west to meet with each other, go into bars, into restaurants etc => spread of the virus
Unvaccinated people were barred by the "liberal" governemnts from doing many things => can't be spreading the virus as much as the vaccinated ;)

> Look, it's really quite simple. Everyone here knows. You're a bad kid. You're evil.

Not really; you have just confused who is good and who is evil. Evil are people like you or pluted or Andy ;)

> You're always LOL about other people's unhappiness, you love to insult and hurt people.

Huh? No I am concerned for unhappy people; unlike you or Urusula von der Leyen who are only concerned about the climate.

I am concerned about Teenagers getting their tits cut off in the name of gender ideology at the Kennis- en Zorgcentrum Genderdysforie in Amsterdam; and I am concerned about workers not getting their due because of stupid climate deals - G being on the wrong end of things in this.

> The stuff you said about Gerard and me, our parents would have been Hitler fans...

I did not say they were Hitler fans; it's just very logical what would have happened if Hitler had won the war; and me saying that your grandparents and Gerard's parents were antisemites... well it's just the truth ;D How the hell was the shoah possible? Because there was enough antisemitism in Europe, and unfortunately it was mainstream, it would be a miracle if you relatives hadn't been antisemites lol... just as it is today btw ;)

> you don't know a thing.

Sure I know more than you ;)

> you're just unfathomly bad and nasty, a complete pariah.

Try to be a bit more nuanced...

> You keep hoping for DK's approval, hoping he'll do you

Huh? Problems connecting with reality again? I actually feel a bit sad for DK or Frank or Arri here among antisemites like you and Andy ;D

> and hoping being as evil as you possibly can be will get you there.

Sure I am very evil... Pluted and you are angels ;D

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<282cc519-172b-4d03-95c5-312c8767afcdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61653&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61653

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 01:30:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

Andy Evans schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 10:17:02 UTC+2:
> On Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 08:58:01 UTC+1, Herman wrote:
> > Look, it's really quite simple. Everyone here knows. You're a bad kid. You're evil.
> > You're always LOL about other people's unhappiness, you love to insult and hurt people.
> > The stuff you said about Gerard and me, our parents would have been Hitler fans...
> > you don't know a thing.
> > you're just unfathomly bad and nasty, a complete pariah.
> > You keep hoping for DK's approval, hoping he'll do you
> > and hoping being as evil as you possibly can be will get you there.
> However true all this is, and I wouldn't argue with any of it, MS is simply a TROLL, nothing more or less than that.
>
> The only thing to do is ignore him completely. He doesn't like that at all - when he gets no response to a single shit-stirring post he posts another and then another and then another. Just like pigeons pecking away mindlessly in lab experiments when they don't get any food. Starve him completely and watch him peck away - peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck......

You realize you are not Herman's mother, right? Herman is - I believe - an adult human being able to make decisions for himself ;)

Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?

<bda9aade-7571-4136-82fe-8a65f0e37bbbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=61660&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#61660

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 02:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: marcs12212@gmail.com (Marc S)
 by: Marc S - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:10 UTC

Marc S schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 10:30:34 UTC+2:
> Andy Evans schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2023 um 10:17:02 UTC+2:
> > On Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 08:58:01 UTC+1, Herman wrote:
> > > Look, it's really quite simple. Everyone here knows. You're a bad kid.. You're evil.
> > > You're always LOL about other people's unhappiness, you love to insult and hurt people.
> > > The stuff you said about Gerard and me, our parents would have been Hitler fans...
> > > you don't know a thing.
> > > you're just unfathomly bad and nasty, a complete pariah.
> > > You keep hoping for DK's approval, hoping he'll do you
> > > and hoping being as evil as you possibly can be will get you there.
> > However true all this is, and I wouldn't argue with any of it, MS is simply a TROLL, nothing more or less than that.
> >
> > The only thing to do is ignore him completely. He doesn't like that at all - when he gets no response to a single shit-stirring post he posts another and then another and then another. Just like pigeons pecking away mindlessly in lab experiments when they don't get any food. Starve him completely and watch him peck away - peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck......
> You realize you are not Herman's mother, right? Herman is - I believe - an adult human being able to make decisions for himself ;)

I might be wrong about the latter... he's obviously just swalloing whatever the herd deems to be right.

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Re: OT - Is this a fair criticism of U.S. media?