https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62368&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62368

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 23 04:23:13 UTC
Motto: Better to be pissed off than pissed on
From: void@invalid.noy (NefeshBarYochai)
Subject: UN chief says Gaza becoming 'graveyard for children', urges ceasefire
Newsgroups: nz.politics,can.politics,alt.politics.democrats.d,rec.music.classical.recordings
 by: NefeshBarYochai - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 04:23 UTC

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday warned that the
bombarded Gaza Strip was becoming a "graveyard for children," as he
urged an immediate ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict.

"The unfolding catastrophe makes the need for a humanitarian ceasefire
more urgent with every passing hour," he told reporters at the UN
headquarters in New York.

"The parties to the conflict -- and, indeed, the international
community -- face an immediate and fundamental responsibility: to stop
this inhuman collective suffering and dramatically expand humanitarian
aid to Gaza," he said.

"The nightmare in Gaza is more than a humanitarian crisis. It is a
crisis of humanity."

Hamas militants stormed into Israel from Gaza on October 7, killing
some 1,400 people, mostly civilians, including through targeting homes
and revelers at a music festival.

Israel's retaliatory strikes have killed 10,222 people, including more
than 4,000 children, in the densely populated and besieged Gaza Strip,
according to the Hamas-run health ministry.

Guterres also deplored the killings of media workers. According to the
New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists, at least 36
journalists and media workers have been killed.

"More journalists have reportedly been killed over a four-week period
than in any conflict in at least three decades," Guterres said, adding
that 89 UN aid workers have also been killed.

Guterres was formally launching a recently announced $1.2 billion UN
humanitarian appeal to help 2.7 million Palestinians over the entire
Gaza Strip and parts of the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Aid trucks have been coming into Gaza from Egypt through the Rafah
border crossing, but the level remains well below that of before
October 7, with Israel saying it needs time for security checks of
vehicles. One restriction is that they are not bringing fuel.

"Without fuel, newborn babies in incubators and patients on life
support will die," Guterres said.

"The way forward is clear. A humanitarian ceasefire -- now. All
parties respecting all their obligations under international
humanitarian law," he said.

Guterres again voiced alarm about the "clear violations of
international humanitarian law that we are witnessing."

"Let me be clear: No party to an armed conflict is above international
humanitarian law," he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/un-chief-says-gaza-becoming-002301801.html

"From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free"

Re: UN chief says Gaza becoming 'graveyard for children', urges ceasefire

<bs5dlilf9t9jln5asor5junq44ob6ift7d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=62377&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#62377

From: mutley2000@hotmail.com (Mutley)
Newsgroups: nz.politics,can.politics,alt.politics.democrats.d,rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:29:50 +1300
 by: Mutley - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

NefeshBarYochai <void@invalid.noy> wrote:

>UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday warned that the
>bombarded Gaza Strip was becoming a "graveyard for children," as he
>urged an immediate ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict.
>
>"The unfolding catastrophe makes the need for a humanitarian ceasefire
>more urgent with every passing hour," he told reporters at the UN
>headquarters in New York.
>
>"The parties to the conflict -- and, indeed, the international
>community -- face an immediate and fundamental responsibility: to stop
>this inhuman collective suffering and dramatically expand humanitarian
>aid to Gaza," he said.
>
>"The nightmare in Gaza is more than a humanitarian crisis. It is a
>crisis of humanity."
>
>Hamas militants stormed into Israel from Gaza on October 7, killing
>some 1,400 people, mostly civilians, including through targeting homes
>and revelers at a music festival.
>
>Israel's retaliatory strikes have killed 10,222 people, including more
>than 4,000 children, in the densely populated and besieged Gaza Strip,
>according to the Hamas-run health ministry.
>
>Guterres also deplored the killings of media workers. According to the
>New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists, at least 36
>journalists and media workers have been killed.
>
>"More journalists have reportedly been killed over a four-week period
>than in any conflict in at least three decades," Guterres said, adding
>that 89 UN aid workers have also been killed.
>
>Guterres was formally launching a recently announced $1.2 billion UN
>humanitarian appeal to help 2.7 million Palestinians over the entire
>Gaza Strip and parts of the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
>
>Aid trucks have been coming into Gaza from Egypt through the Rafah
>border crossing, but the level remains well below that of before
>October 7, with Israel saying it needs time for security checks of
>vehicles. One restriction is that they are not bringing fuel.
>
>"Without fuel, newborn babies in incubators and patients on life
>support will die," Guterres said.
>
>"The way forward is clear. A humanitarian ceasefire -- now. All
>parties respecting all their obligations under international
>humanitarian law," he said.
>
>Guterres again voiced alarm about the "clear violations of
>international humanitarian law that we are witnessing."
>
>"Let me be clear: No party to an armed conflict is above international
>humanitarian law," he said.
>
>https://news.yahoo.com/un-chief-says-gaza-becoming-002301801.html

Maybe the Useless Nations should tell Hamas to release the hostages
alive and unharmed and they may get their ceasefire but until then
keep it up Israel ..

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Re: UN chief says Gaza becoming 'graveyard for children', urges ceasefire