If I have to lay an egg for my country, I'll do it. -- Bob Hope

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!T Richman
+- Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!T Richman
`* Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!T Richman
 `- Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!T Richman

1
Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!

<d8791fb7-7c5e-491d-9ebc-e7997a2aaeb1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6272&group=rec.music.beatles#6272

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:50:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!
From: topazthecat20@gmail.com (T Richman)
 by: T Richman - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:50 UTC

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 12:29:05 PM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
> After Jane Asher stormed out of McCartney's house, finding him in bed with Francie Schwartz, she sent her mother Margaret to collect her belongings.
>
> My impression from Cynthia Powell's book is that Margaret Asher was a strong personality.
>
> I wonder what sort of words were exchanged between Margaret Asher & Paul.

Paul didn't break up with Jane Asher,Paul was still engaged to marry British actress Jane Asher but in July 1968 Jane came home unexpectedly early from touring with her theatre company and she sadly found Paul in bed with a young groupie writer Francie Schwartz and she ran out of the house and Paul's life forever. They had been lovers since April 1963 just a few weeks after Jane turned 17 and Paul turned 21 two months later and Paul asked her to marry him on Christmas day 1967,so they were engaged for 7 months when Jane found him in their bed with another woman.

It's a real good thing that Linda was there for Paul because he was a total mental wreck after Jane left him, he was drinking hard liquor and crying to Brian Epstein's assistant and friend of Paul's too, Alistair Taylor and came over his house waking him and his wife up at 1 and 2 in the morning, also calling him at these times asking Alistair to come over and he would cry and drink liquor and he also told Alistair that Jane wasn't just his woman,she was his closest friend,interesting that he didn't say John,or even George and Ringo were his closest friends,and he said he opened up everything inside himself to Jane,including about his mother Mary dying when he was only 14 and how he dealt with that and that he couldn't believe what a prat he had been and that he had everything and threw it all away etc

.. Paul wrote Let It Be about his beloved nurse and midwife mother Mary who died from breast cancer at only age 47 when Paul was only 14,and his brother 12,and he wrote The Long and Winding Road also soon after Jane left him.

Paul wrote a lot of beautiful love songs for and about Jane including I Will on The White album and she and Paul were engaged since Christmas day 1967 when he wrote in India and she was there with The Beatles and also some bitter arguments songs which were all his fault because he was a sexist selfish pig and kept pressuring her to give up her acting career that she loved and rightly refused, she was in her first British film at age 5 and had been in TV shows,films and theatre since she was a child.

Paul also tried very hard for a while to get Jane to forgive him and take him back and he had met Linda 3 times by then,but Jane returned all of Paul's letters un opened and all of his phone calls were ignored because Jane wanted nothing to do with Paul anymore and she sent this message clearly to him and you can't blame her because she was rightly very hurt,angry,and she had self respect and couldn't forgive or trust Paul anymore.And Linda did what Paul sexistly selfishly pressured Jane to do, give up her career and devote herself to him. I'm sure that Paul would have married Jane Asher because if Jane had taken him back and forgiven him,then they would have been engaged to be married again which is what Paul was trying to accomplish to no avail.

https://janeashersource.tumblr.com/post/180597293425/amoralto-when-it-ended-it-was-awful-jane-came

Jane Asher (re)Source “When it ended, it was awful. Jane came home to find Paul with Francie Schwartz, a groupie from New York. It was terrible for Jane. Francie was not just in the house but in the bed she shared with...

Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!

<cbfa42a1-7ef5-4f0e-b433-ae24639f1369n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6273&group=rec.music.beatles#6273

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:53:52 -0800 (PST)
From: topazthecat20@gmail.com (T Richman)
 by: T Richman - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:53 UTC

On Monday, December 18, 2023 at 10:50:42 AM UTC-5, T Richman wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://janeashersource.tumblr.com/post/180597293425/amoralto-when-it-ended-it-was-awful-jane-came
>

> Jane Asher (re)Source “When it ended, it was awful. Jane came home to find Paul with Francie Schwartz, a groupie from New York. It was terrible for Jane. Francie was not just in the house but in the bed she shared with...
This is a great August 23, 1986 hour long Entertainment This Week and it's online including on Archive.org the interview with Paul by Barbara Howar who asked him rare great questions that most interviewers don't ask, and he came across intelligent, funny, serious and charming. Paul said working with someone as talented as John, and he said and by the way George and Ringo, he said they tend to be left out of this talent thing, but they are highly, highly talented guys.

Barbara said to Paul probably your first great love was Jane Asher and she was a strong yet kind woman too,and Paul turned his head and the look on his face for 2 minutes, it really struck an emotional chord with him and he obviously didn't expect her to bring Jane up.

She asked him what he thought about his Wings music and then he said that at the time he was in Wings he was giving it his 100% but he never felt that it was as great as The Beatles and he said he felt how can I follow The Beatles? But then he also said that he was only now re-listening to his Wings music and discovering a lot of it was pretty good,and Barbara Howar said something like that must have been enough to make you want to hang it up, and Paul said it wasn't too pleasant.She also asked him about how he dealt with John's tragic murder and Paul's numerous drug arrests.

https://archive.org/details/EntertainmentThisWeekAugust231986SpecialPaulMcCartneyInterview

Entertainment This Week- August 23, 1986 (special Paul McCartney interview) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Barbara Howar interviews rock and roll legend Sir Paul McCartney in this special edition of Entertainment This Week.
archive.org

Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!

<3af0270b-5fde-4c75-a295-b628c065a5ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6274&group=rec.music.beatles#6274

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 08:04:14 -0800 (PST)
From: topazthecat20@gmail.com (T Richman)
 by: T Richman - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:04 UTC

> [...]
>
> https://janeashersource.tumblr.com/post/180597293425/amoralto-when-it-ended-it-was-awful-jane-came
>

> Jane Asher (re)Source “When it ended, it was awful. Jane came home to find Paul with Francie Schwartz, a groupie from New York. It was terrible for Jane. Francie was not just in the house but in the bed she shared with...

Also all of Paul and Jane's family and friends said they were very much in love and a very lovely loving couple.

Here is a very good article by friend and music writer Bill Harry, Jane & Paul: A Love Story

http://triumphpc.com/mersey-beat/beatles/janeasher-paulmccartney.shtml

Re: TELL ME ABOT JANE ASHER!

<9c6903b0-fd6b-42b7-a39c-cdae2a7f3fa4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6275&group=rec.music.beatles#6275

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 08:50:12 -0800 (PST)
From: topazthecat20@gmail.com (T Richman)
 by: T Richman - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:50 UTC

On Monday, December 18, 2023 at 11:04:16 AM UTC-5, T Richman wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > https://janeashersource.tumblr.com/post/180597293425/amoralto-when-it-ended-it-was-awful-jane-came
> >

> > Jane Asher (re)Source “When it ended, it was awful. Jane came home to find Paul with Francie Schwartz, a groupie from New York. It was terrible for Jane. Francie was not just in the house but in the bed she shared with...
> Also all of Paul and Jane's family and friends said they were very much in love and a very lovely loving couple.
>

> Here is a very good article by friend and music writer Bill Harry, Jane & Paul: A Love Story

Also John Lennon said in a 1971 interview that he thought that Paul would have married Jane but he said she wanted to have her career and Paul didn't want that.Ringo also said in The Beatles Anthology book that They all thought that Paul and Jane would get married,he said they were lovers,and they were together and it seemed a natural thing to do.Ringo then said that he didn't know in the end what actually broke them up we'll have to ask him or ask her,that's probably more interesting!

https://web.archive.org/web/20080108131358/http://www.geocities.com/wireless_machine/lennon/st_regis.htm