She is not refined. She is not unrefined. She keeps a parrot. -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.music.beatles / "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023

SubjectAuthor
* "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023Curtis Eagal
+- Re: "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023Curtis Eagal
`- Re: "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023Curtis Eagal

1
"Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023

<08e34693-b976-45a3-9863-69afe8ad7402n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6317&group=rec.music.beatles#6317

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:18:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 00:18 UTC

When John Lennon previewed "Cold Turkey" for release as a Beatles song, it was rejected as being off-brand for the band: while this could be understandable from the subject matter of his withdrawal ordeal, and its extremely harsh stylistic treatment, the official video at its end includes a verification of his subliminal intentions, with a letter-by-letter etching scrawled into the film frame-by-frame, spelling out 'F-R-E-E-D-O-M,' then the entire word 'FREEDOM' appears, and quickly seen being scratched out, coinciding with a brief outro of oddly serene reversed tones. Of course John sought physical freedom by undergoing withdrawal as the title and lyrics suggest, yet the savagely repeated electric guitar riff appears to present the unfinished phrase,

'YOU KNOW THE SAVIOUR WANTED --!"

The concluding tones start with a musical approximation of the word 'Freedom' being vocalized, adding three more words, completing the thought that had been recurring in partial form during the strong riff. The theme does not have the Christ desiring freedom for Himself, but is more along the "Power To The People" concept. As primary Dreamweaver of The Beatles' Christ-Dream, Lennon assumed the role of an advanced theologian, capable of transposing the Creed and story of Jesus into small doses for consumption by the unwitting contemporary audience, strung together in a comprehensive format, having his group collectively task themselves with a series of projects comprising a Modern Remembrance. The failure of society to acknowledge his accomplishment eventually led to his resorting to Primal Therapy, to hopefully purge the madness of religion from his psyche, where his engaging in disbelief as a liberating game became culturally embraced as revealing a true atheist persona - although "I've seen religion from Jesus to Paul" could be interpreted as looking back at his collaboration with Paul McCartney. When Lennon attempted in interviews to hint at how his true intentions had not become common knowledge, it was to no avail: the public would believe the lyrics themselves, more than comments by the composers about them, or how the sounds in the songs were ironically crafted as their recording art. John explained his 1965 song "Girl" had explored the dubious notion of suffering in life to achieve some eventual spiritual reward, as being a forerunner of the idea behind his later song "God."

The guitar opening of "Across The Universe" presents a remark John might have uttered about his personal attitude, starting,

'Got NO -
Use For...'

- the remaining two notes finishing the phrase would be self-evident if tracking the musical-verbal crossover, allowing the instrument to speak as he said he was intending, but lacking that there is no coherent thought being conveyed.

As skilled arrangers, The Beatles were able to cover songs written by others in a mode suiting their own purpose. For the Larry Williams song "Bad Boy" the strong guitar opening repeats (both times followed by differently-phrased parts), a dramatic question -

'Will He
Save Himself?!'

A recurrent riff continues the enigmatic notion by further asking,

"How Could The
SAVIOUR
Save Himself?"

Transcribing basically notes for syllables in the instrumental middle section, John's trademark scream overlaps a reference to the Crucifixion, although the context is complicated, and the track was released after it was relevant for the stage when it was recorded.

While the crowd murmuring at the opening of "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album was taken from a sound effects recording (complete with the indistinct shout), the orchestra tuning up begins that section of the Christ dream with strings suggesting,

'Jesus
Agreed -
To Be...'

- then a violin string being plucked provides,

'DUNKED!'

- before the phrase is completed with,

'By Cousin'

- so the stage was set for the loud electric guitar fanfare, beginning appropriately with,

'BAPTIZING MAN!
THREW WATER...'

After meditating in India, they took on the challenging stage for the White Album, using the obscure Infancy texts as a basis, departing from the Gospel material (as John said towards the end of his apologetic interview in 1966, they could not self-generate subjects to continue indefinitely, despite that being the prevalent perception): the strange chord opening "Back In The USSR" suggests the word

'TWELVE:'

- this is followed by two chords stridently proclaiming,

'Last -
Year -'

- before McCartney finishes by vocalizing,

"...Young!"

So this established the chronology for the Infancy material, regressing from the age of thirteen, representing adulthood in ancient Hebrew culture. While Prudence Farrow reclusively meditating to an excessive degree inspired "Dear Prudence," that component was merged with the musical adherence to the Christian format, where the first iteration of a gentle guitar riff in the song implies,

'Young King'

The Infancy texts being obscure to the Western audience means those stories would first have to be recounted, before explaining how they relate to the songs on the double album, whose stereo and mono versions had sometimes significant differences. However the penultimate track,
"Revolution 9," an unusual avant-garde collaboration between John and Yoko Ono with George Harrison, has a conglomeration of dissonant sounds and effects recognizably relating to the efforts by King Herod to destroy in His youth the figure whose Nativity was sought by the Magi through prophetic clues as an emerging King: one recurring loop aurally implies,

'The Herod
SLAUGH-ter!'

The timing for the issue of the final Beatles song, "Now And Then," was partially dictated by the technology becoming available to separate Lennon's vocal track from a recording where it was included with piano, emerging from the "Get Back" documentary chronology. The lyric, "If we must start again" demonstrated Lennon was giving up hope that their first effort as The Beatles would ever be acknowledged as a Modern Remembrance of Christ, and was finally open to McCartney's idea rejected at their break-up that they begin again, "From Square One": however this arrived too late to ever manifest, with electric guitar played in Harrison's style as a homage lamenting,

'We -
NEVER did'

- the orchestrally-scored section elaborated their newer version for the life of Christ had been fated to never have its earthly manifestation.

So the world, desiring to believe the band actually wanted to hold our hands, rather than performatively alluding to the Doubting Thomas story, was content to never allow glorification of Jesus as Lord of Spirits through the mystical power of contemporary popular music, thus evading what would potentially become a Great Mourning. The timing of the "Now And Then" release just before the return of Saturn from retrograde to direct motion in early November 2023 has ominous prophetic implications that cultural consensus opinion may not hold the last word.

While the French seer Nostradamus is acknowledged as plausibly predicting the 22 November 1963 JFK assassination in his quatrain VI.37, few have related its first line about 'ancient work' being accomplished with the coinciding release of The Beatles' second album. Two other quatrains also concerned the JFK incident: I.26, noting Jeane Dixon foreshadowing as 'bearer of claims,' and comparing with the nighttime killing of his brother RFK, ending the latter's presidential candidacy in turbulent mid-1968, confirmed by naming places then involved in anti-war protest-strikes; and I.65, alluding to the circumstances surrounding the death of JFK Jr, such as having recently departed from a ball game.

As with text transcriptions for supraliminal musical passages, proper analysis of the French prophecies is a complicated elusive endeavor. Neither the assassination of a Nepalese monarch from 1 June 2001 in II.15, nor the mid-January 2023 plane crash into Seti Gorge that appears the partial subject of X.88 mention Nepal by name: instead the seer seems keenly aware the scenarios set forth have singular solutions that could be determined by diligently pursuing in good faith. There are significant trending notions, such as some planetary alignments heralding later terms of power being pre-characterized: the May 2000 Taurean alignment included the Sun bearing the negative omen of a giant sunspot, foretelling its synchronicity with hail falling the size of an egg in the Chicago area, preceding George W Bush being given the presidency as a gift by the highest court, later to unveil his financially ill-fated economic stimulus plan in Chicago.

The 21 August 2017 solar eclipse was within a less extensive alignment, associated with Hurricane Harvey subjugating the South, prior to the re-lowering of the Crescent at the Capitol riot completion of lunar cycle, in X.95, and identified in VIII.88 by the coinciding feast for Saint Luxorius of Sardinia. The onset of the covid pandemic was long-before determined to involve Ceres from III.75, manifested by its convergence with Saturn, Pluto, Mercury and the Sun circa 11 January 2020; the March 2020 lockdowns were predetermined from following the Epistle guidance to add 73 years 7 months to the start of the Atomic Energy Commission; the death date for George Floyd was forecasted from III.93, as inciting massive anger, for 25 May 2020 using the feast for Saint Leo of Troyes, following Hurricane Dorian halting over the Bahamas in early September 2019. The BLM protests ensuing for about 7 months, over numerous deaths having occurred under malfeasant circumstances, figured into IV.100, involving the early July 2020 penumbral lunar eclipse with the Moon near Pallas, the light of Mars flickering via Neptune conjunct 13 June 2020 (the time of the release of an installation in my Beatle book series), and the 21 June annular solar eclipse as the King at Evreux alluding to the feast for Saint Leutfridis - the necessity to turn covid patients prone to prevent their suffocating in bed from VIII.85 was a parallel, where the planting of turnips timed from the festival for Neptune from antiquity was given responsibility for removing the light of Mars. In II.65 Saturn faded by its Great Conjunction with Jupiter when Mercury left Sagittarius for late 2020 (suggesting also the collapse of a parking structure in lower Manhattan occurring 18 April 2023), in tandem with I.51 correctly placing the Moon then at the head of Aries, with the initial reports of covid mutations, referring to the long cycle for Saturn reigning that culminated in the 6 January 2021 Capitol riot, which was foretold in X.61 as an event of enormous violence, associated with the 4 January 2021 lunar aspects for a protracted opposition between Neptune and Vesta (as pike and fire), and the destruction of documents before completion of the lunar cycle further appeared in I.62.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Cold Turkey" Not A Beatles Song, 'Now And Then" The Last In 2023

<c19753cb-367d-4d7c-bcfd-6ef02c8d7008n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6344&group=rec.music.beatles#6344

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 11:10:51 -0800 (PST)
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 19:10 UTC

<69428f17-5c0a-4b44-a57e-8cc7e3fcb2b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6345&group=rec.music.beatles#6345

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 11:59:41 -0800 (PST)
From: eagalitarian@gmail.com (Curtis Eagal)
 by: Curtis Eagal - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 19:59 UTC