From: christophjohansen@mailservice.invalid (Chris J.)
Subject: Shostakovich's symphony No. 14 by RCO/Haitink?
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:09:46 GMT
 by: Chris J. - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:09 UTC

Bernard Haitink used a version of Shostakovich's symphony No. 14, approved
by the composer, in which the poems are sung in their original languages,
except (Apollinaire's 1913) Loreley, which follows Clemens Brentano's 1801
German text (Decca, 1981). I am not aware of other recordings of this
version of the symphony. The other performances in my collection use
Russian translations. Which raises the questions whether there are other
recordings of this work with the poems sung in the original languages.

Chris