From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:25:04 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:25 UTC

https://youtu.be/-ETdLfXI6r8?si=0WVi3bSiFFBBheh7

Many Jews seem to believe this song to be about Israel judging by the comments; it is not:

Your latest album, Infidels, is hardly subteen fodder. Some critics have even detected a new note of conservatism in some of the songs -- even outright jingoism in "Neighborhood Bully" in which the metaphorical subject is said to be "just one man" whose "enemies say he's on their land." That's clearly a strong Zionist political statement, is it not?

„You'd have to point that out to me, you know, what line is in it that spells that out. I'm not a political songwriter. Joe Hill was a political songwriter; uh, Merle Travis wrote some political songs. "Which Side Are You On?" is a political song. And "Neighborhood Bully," to me, is not a political song, because if it were, it would fall into a certain political party. If you're talkin' about it as an Israeli political song - in Isreal alone, there's maybe twenty political parties. I don't know where that would fall, what party.“

https://web.archive.org/web/20071001200332/https:/www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938701/bob_dylan_the_rolling_stone_interview/

Anyways a cool song

Re: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully

<41482e61054f9ce1bc7528f347fb4cad@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64138&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64138

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Re: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:31:43 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:31 UTC

JudeoN4zi wrote:

> https://youtu.be/-ETdLfXI6r8?si=0WVi3bSiFFBBheh7

> Many Jews seem to believe this song to be about Israel judging by the comments; it is not:

> Your latest album, Infidels, is hardly subteen fodder. Some critics have even detected a new note of conservatism in some of the songs -- even outright jingoism in "Neighborhood Bully" in which the metaphorical subject is said to be "just one man" whose "enemies say he's on their land." That's clearly a strong Zionist political statement, is it not?

> „You'd have to point that out to me, you know, what line is in it that spells that out. I'm not a political songwriter. Joe Hill was a political songwriter; uh, Merle Travis wrote some political songs. "Which Side Are You On?" is a political song. And "Neighborhood Bully," to me, is not a political song, because if it were, it would fall into a certain political party. If you're talkin' about it as an Israeli political song - in Isreal alone, there's maybe twenty political parties. I don't know where that would fall, what party.“

> https://web.archive.org/web/20071001200332/https:/www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938701/bob_dylan_the_rolling_stone_interview/

> Anyways a cool song

Hmmm probably Dylan was just playing stupid….

Re: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully

<fc4db0111be7d23f4e0588b56c39ab1d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64140&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64140

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:42:23 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 23:42 UTC

The lyrics are obvious... why did I even google if this song was about Israel before reading the lyricsl fully... sorry, I'm a bit intoxicated.

Re: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully

<5d0c21a3937cf1060aa3d319d8cf05b6@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64143&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64143

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 07:12:56 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 07:12 UTC

Lol… just realized Bob is actually a Jew… never liked his songs to be honest which is why I never bothered to look further into him; first song of his I actually like…

Re: Bob Dylan - Neighborhood Bully

<0001HW.2BA10D2406F119C430A8C938F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64209&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64209

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:22:28 -0700
From: plutedpup@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
 by: Pluted Pup - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:22 UTC

On Fri, 08 Mar 2024 23:12:56 -0800, JudeoN4zi wrote:

> Lol... just realized Bob is actually a Jew... never liked his songs to be honest which is why I never bothered to look further into him; first song of his I actually like...

Dylan is the neighborhood bully, from the start
of his career he preached the "go ahead and
hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat your
friend" philosophy that all "straights"
are evil. He stood that all governments
in the world are bad except for Israel.

I think I like his song Tangled Up In Blue and
that's it. His music is primarily known to
me because it's been covered a lot by better
musicians because Bob Dylan was trendy.

Making Dylan the Nobel Prizewinner in Literature?
Pure politics!