From: dan.koren@gmail.com (DeepBlue)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Is this the best Moonshine ever recorded?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 06:23:40 +0000
 by: DeepBlue - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 06:23 UTC

Ignaz Friedman plays the Moonshine sonata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtrDIgaVpw

1926!

Cheers!

Re: Is this the best Moonshine ever recorded?

<13861149f4fef935a9057ffc2f48ede8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64467&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64467

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Re: Is this the best Moonshine ever recorded?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 07:02:53 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 07:02 UTC

DeepBlue wrote:

> Ignaz Friedman plays the Moonshine sonata:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtrDIgaVpw

> 1926!

Amazing sound for that date.

Didn't know Friedman had recorded this; certainly one of the best - but I also like Gould's ;) (would have to lsiten to more though, haven't listened to this piece for quite a while)

The first movement of this piece was the only thing I sort of could play on the piano, at least 3/4 of it (remember I can't sightread, and I just learned it by heart ;D -- reading the score and watching yt videos) - took me like 1-2 months until I was like: Fuck it, I'll never be able to play it in a way I'll be satisfied...

The first piece I actually started to learn on piano, before the moonlight sonata (by myself for a short while), was a piece of Bartok's Bagatelles (Op.6 IV - Grave):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hppl0eLhTGw

Quite difficult for starters lol, but I managed it sort of haha -- at least the first few bars. I tried to teach myself to get a feeling for the keys and to hit them without looking too much at them...

> Cheers!

Re: Is this the best Moonshine ever recorded?

<f6a740cfeae3fe54000fd53f822547c1@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64473&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64473

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:10:39 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:10 UTC

JudeoN4zi wrote:

> The first piece I actually started to learn on piano, before the moonlight sonata (by myself for a short while), was a piece of Bartok's Bagatelles (Op.6 IV - Grave):

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hppl0eLhTGw

> Quite difficult for starters lol, but I managed it sort of haha -- at least the first few bars. I tried to teach myself to get a feeling for the keys and to hit them without looking too much at them...

I remember finding the original folk tune which inspired this piece... it probably was Hungarian...

Re: Is this the best Moonshine ever recorded?

<834f2d0bac9ca5f264a39e87bbfcbe17@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64474&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64474

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:17:42 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:17 UTC

JudeoN4zi wrote:

> JudeoN4zi wrote:

>> The first piece I actually started to learn on piano, before the moonlight sonata (by myself for a short while), was a piece of Bartok's Bagatelles (Op.6 IV - Grave):

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hppl0eLhTGw

>> Quite difficult for starters lol, but I managed it sort of haha -- at least the first few bars. I tried to teach myself to get a feeling for the keys and to hit them without looking too much at them...

> I remember finding the original folk tune which inspired this piece... it probably was Hungarian...

wish I could remember it, but I can't find it... but this was the video I used to learn it lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfdjyqSeiZI