From: dan.koren@gmail.com (DeepBlue)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Dave Hurwitz: Ken-Doll Mäkelä Goes to Chicago
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 04:20:40 +0000
 by: DeepBlue - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 04:20 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3lWkEsFH8

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! ;-)

Cheers!

Re: Dave Hurwitz: Ken-Doll Mäkelä Goes to Chicago

<f7211a316a0f90c72238e00a4ed1659f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64809&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64809

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Re: Dave Hurwitz: Ken-Doll Mäkelä Goes to Chicago
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 04:32:12 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 04:32 UTC

DeepBlue wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3lWkEsFH8

> Even a broken clock is right twice a day! ;-)

I enjoyed this, however, I did not enjoy his recommendation for Beethoven 6 - Walter sucks ;)

For Beethoven 2,3,5,6,9 my preference seems to be Celibidache. I sorted out Mengelberg btw. His phrasing is often very interesting and good, but... we need a different approach to Beethoven now. I think some things of Beethoven's music which have been sort of suppressed by the 'romantics' who were very rhythmical and muscular etc, are being unearthed by Celibidache (a different way of taking the music -- "no tension" some claim; there is tension, but different style) - maybe even Beethoven's music begged for this in some way, especially considering how he was being interpreted ;)

> Cheers!

Re: Dave Hurwitz: Ken-Doll Mäkelä Goes to Chicago

<b1545aaead359adc16ccafc3be2fc328@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=64813&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#64813

From: dan.koren@gmail.com (DeepBlue)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 05:28:27 +0000
 by: DeepBlue - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 05:28 UTC

JudeoN4zi wrote:

> DeepBlue wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3lWkEsFH8
>
>> Even a broken clock is right twice a day! ;-)
>
> I enjoyed this, however, I did not enjoy his
> recommendation for Beethoven 6 - Walter sucks ;)

That is the part of the Hurwitz clock that is
broken! ;-)

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Re: Dave Hurwitz: Ken-Doll Mäkelä Goes to Chicago