From: dan.koren@gmail.com (DeepBlue)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Special for Marc S: David Hurwitz on The IDEAL Mozart Operas
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 01:45:50 +0000
 by: DeepBlue - Fri, 3 May 2024 01:45 UTC

David Hurwitz: Repertoire: The IDEAL Mozart Operas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aylWMrFHGUU

Cheers!

Re: Special for Marc S: David Hurwitz on The IDEAL Mozart Operas

<f123a99b81a675c7e5635f015fcec236@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=65327&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#65327

From: marcs12212@gmail.com (JudeoN4zi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 01:45:50 +0000
 by: JudeoN4zi - Fri, 3 May 2024 06:33 UTC

DeepBlue wrote:

> David Hurwitz: Repertoire: The IDEAL Mozart Operas

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aylWMrFHGUU

I remember looking into this, but disagreeing with him in most cases (at
least when it comes to the operas and recordings I know fairly well) — he
also changed his opinion about which DG he thinks is top; in the upper
mentioned video it is gardiner‘s, in a newer video it is Giulini‘s EMI
recording of it… both suck imo

> Cheers!

Re: Special for Marc S: David Hurwitz on The IDEAL Mozart Operas

<009ab190fd80c981446db637758a40b0@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=65330&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#65330

From: dan.koren@gmail.com (DeepBlue)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 01:45:50 +0000
 by: DeepBlue - Fri, 3 May 2024 08:53 UTC

JudeoN4zi wrote:

> DeepBlue wrote:
>
>> David Hurwitz: Repertoire: The IDEAL Mozart Operas
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aylWMrFHGUU
>
> I remember looking into this, but disagreeing with him in most cases (at
> least when it comes to the operas and recordings I know fairly well) —
he
> also changed his opinion about which DG he thinks is top; in the upper
> mentioned video it is gardiner‘s, in a newer video it is Giulini‘s EMI
> recording of it… both suck imo

The real fund is seeing DH contradicting himself! ;-)

Cheers!

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Re: Special for Marc S: David Hurwitz on The IDEAL Mozart Operas