From: nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Subject: Smoking Dope at Buckingham Palace
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:26:31 +0000
 by: Norbert - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:26 UTC

John Lennon says in a long interview in the French weekly magazine L'Express that the Beatles smoked marijuana in the lavatories at Buckingham Palace before receiving the M.B.E. in 1965.

Asked if he took the decoration seriously, Lennon replies: "I took it as a joke. A priori we wanted to laugh. When that happens to you, when you're being decorated, you don't laugh anymore. Even so, we were bursting like mad because we'd just been having a joint in the Buckingham Palace toilets. We were so nervous."

Re: Smoking Dope at Buckingham Palace

<2b1100bc0867d6350b6f3f3d1e330ca5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6581&group=rec.music.beatles#6581

From: nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Subject: Re: Smoking Dope at Buckingham Palace
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:11:31 +0000
 by: Norbert - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:11 UTC

If John took the MBE as a "joke," what was he "so nervous" about?

Anyway, I remember when people would smoke some weed and then laugh a lot. Things are different today. Today's potheads are disturbed and disturbing.

These people do not smoke up and then find humor in things; they ingest the substance and then go psychotic, ranting about how Biden stole the 2020 Presidential Election, about Trump's supposedly imminent re-entatement, about the Storm, the Cabal. About how Covid is a hoax abd the vaccine is snake venom.

Oh - and about how the women of CNN are actually men. These psychos belong in mental institutions.

Re: Smoking Dope at Buckingham Palace

<slrnv0tt5l.12r.oldernow@oldernow.jethrick.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6582&group=rec.music.beatles#6582

From: oldernow@dev.null (oldernow)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 18:43:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: oldernow - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 18:43 UTC

On 2024-04-04, Norbert <nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I remember when people would smoke some weed
> and then laugh a lot. Things are different today.
> Today's potheads are disturbed and disturbing.
>
> These people do not smoke up and then find humor in things;
> they ingest the substance and then go psychotic, ranting
> about how Biden stole the 2020 Presidential Election,
> about Trump's supposedly imminent re-entatement, about
> the Storm, the Cabal. About how Covid is a hoax abd the
> vaccine is snake venom.

Personally, I can't blame weed for what having less than half a
brain adequately explains.

Not that there might not be an exacerbationg factor, of course....

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com

Re: Smoking Dope at Buckingham Palace

<bb5f174890341650c5a02d4b73f07374@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=6583&group=rec.music.beatles#6583

From: nyarlathotep1@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:44:46 +0000
 by: Norbert - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:44 UTC

Right, that could be the case with a lot of these freaks. But I've known a couple of them, and they've gotten progressively mired in these contemptible paranoid delusions.