A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.

arts / alt.tv.survivor / fans with favorites

SubjectAuthor
* fans with favoritesEmanuel Berg
+* AU SurvivorEmanuel Berg
|`* AU SurvivorNomen Nescio
| `* AU SurvivorEmanuel Berg
|  `- AU SurvivorEmanuel Berg
+- fans with favoritesTin@
`* fans with favoritesBrian Smith
 +* fans with favoritesEmanuel Berg
 |`- fans with favoritesEmanuel Berg
 `- fans with favoritesEmanuel Berg

1
fans with favorites

<87ilf5mmxa.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=713&group=alt.tv.survivor#713

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: fans with favorites
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 02:59:13 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 01:59 UTC

Okay ... let's hear it? :)

I like to root for one female and one male, otherwise I'll
just pick the cutest and youngest and most charismatic girl
every single season ...

So far, favorites are: Carolyn and - as for the men - argh!
I can't pick one! oh, now I feel silly for making that initial
little speech, dammit! It seems I can't do anything
right any these days, almost ...

Okay, so Carolyn isn't exactly cute, she isn't young (not old
either, really, but still), but she is charismatic - in her
own way. So she's my girl as for now! (Are you guys
following this?)

I remember some guys thought Noura was far out. I OTOH always
considered her almost embarrassingly normal. And she was
pretty and capable as hell! Especially her HAIR, but also her
mental/physical focus on the challenges made a long, I mean
huge impression on me. She was robbed as much as Dean IMO and
why we never saw them again, either one, is beyond me. Indeed,
I don't think about it anymore.

Now ... Carolyn is, admittedly, farther out still compared to
Noura, and if she and her behavior is considered normal, it's
stretching it, for sure!

But these days, when people out- and overperform each other in
their efforts to be exactly like everyone else - and if you
aren't, you're immediately outdefined as a lethal,
cyber-subversive psycho-anarchist or something equally scary
in the minds of people who know nothing about such things
anyway - we need those people even more, people who are
confident being different in whatever little or big ways they
are - and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!

A lifestyle associated with problems, loneliness probably -
sure! But whose fault is that, really? Oh, no!

Go Carolyn!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

AU Survivor

<87edptmjxb.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=714&group=alt.tv.survivor#714

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: AU Survivor
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 04:04:00 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 03:04 UTC

Now that we are so positive and all, remember there is another
page to that report. This installment isn't better - well,
it's an understatement - it's superior in every sense.

I'd have US Survivor a 2, but thanks to the gorgeous
edit/production I upgrade it to a 3. But it's closer to a 2
than to a 4 in my book, many seasons are!

AU Survivor tho, it's the toughest reality show on the planet
and the show itself, i.e. the one we're watching - again, it's
outstanding, I'd give every season so far either a 4 or a 5.

Get S10E02 here:

https://www.magnetdl.com/file/5555959/survivor.au.s10e02.1080p.hevc.x265-megusta-eztv/

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: AU Survivor

<61d93ab2194db18192bec921745da42f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=717&group=alt.tv.survivor#717

From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: AU Survivor
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 10:19:47 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 09:19 UTC

In article <87edptmjxb.fsf@dataswamp.org>
Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> wrote:

> Now that we are so positive and all, remember there is another
> page to that report. This installment isn't better - well,
> it's an understatement - it's superior in every sense.
>
> I'd have US Survivor a 2, but thanks to the gorgeous
> edit/production I upgrade it to a 3. But it's closer to a 2
> than to a 4 in my book, many seasons are!
>
> AU Survivor tho, it's the toughest reality show on the planet
> and the show itself, i.e. the one we're watching - again, it's
> outstanding, I'd give every season so far either a 4 or a 5.
>
> Get S10E02 here:
>
> https://www.magnetdl.com/file/5555959/survivor.au.s10e02.1080p.hevc.x265-megusta-eztv/

Survivor AU is awesome. I have every season except for 3 and 9.
Downloading S10 now.

Re: fans with favorites

<baf03f4f-227c-4c7d-9efd-992748bc6a96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=720&group=alt.tv.survivor#720

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 16:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: fans with favorites
From: tinas49ers@yahoo.com (Tin@)
 by: Tin@ - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 23:11 UTC

On Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 6:59:16 PM UTC-7, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Okay ... let's hear it? :)
>
> I like to root for one female and one male, otherwise I'll
> just pick the cutest and youngest and most charismatic girl
> every single season ...
>
> So far, favorites are: Carolyn and - as for the men - argh!
> I can't pick one! oh, now I feel silly for making that initial
> little speech, dammit! It seems I can't do anything
> right any these days, almost ...
>
> Okay, so Carolyn isn't exactly cute, she isn't young (not old
> either, really, but still), but she is charismatic - in her
> own way. So she's my girl as for now! (Are you guys
> following this?)
>
> I remember some guys thought Noura was far out. I OTOH always
> considered her almost embarrassingly normal. And she was
> pretty and capable as hell! Especially her HAIR, but also her
> mental/physical focus on the challenges made a long, I mean
> huge impression on me. She was robbed as much as Dean IMO and
> why we never saw them again, either one, is beyond me. Indeed,
> I don't think about it anymore.
>
> Now ... Carolyn is, admittedly, farther out still compared to
> Noura, and if she and her behavior is considered normal, it's
> stretching it, for sure!
>
> But these days, when people out- and overperform each other in
> their efforts to be exactly like everyone else - and if you
> aren't, you're immediately outdefined as a lethal,
> cyber-subversive psycho-anarchist or something equally scary
> in the minds of people who know nothing about such things
> anyway - we need those people even more, people who are
> confident being different in whatever little or big ways they
> are - and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!
>
> A lifestyle associated with problems, loneliness probably -
> sure! But whose fault is that, really? Oh, no!
>
> Go Carolyn!
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

She reminds me of the Kristin Wig character on Saturday Live, the one who can't keep a secret and wants to burst out with the info. I love her, but she's a bit much.

Re: fans with favorites

<bd171430-baca-4a6e-808b-b86add6ea65fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=726&group=alt.tv.survivor#726

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 02:01 UTC

On Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 7:59:16 PM UTC-6, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Okay ... let's hear it? :)
>
> I like to root for one female and one male, otherwise I'll
> just pick the cutest and youngest and most charismatic girl
> every single season ...
>
> So far, favorites are: Carolyn and - as for the men - argh!
> I can't pick one! oh, now I feel silly for making that initial
> little speech, dammit! It seems I can't do anything
> right any these days, almost ...
>
> Okay, so Carolyn isn't exactly cute, she isn't young (not old
> either, really, but still), but she is charismatic - in her
> own way. So she's my girl as for now! (Are you guys
> following this?)
>
> I remember some guys thought Noura was far out. I OTOH always
> considered her almost embarrassingly normal. And she was
> pretty and capable as hell! Especially her HAIR, but also her
> mental/physical focus on the challenges made a long, I mean
> huge impression on me. She was robbed as much as Dean IMO and
> why we never saw them again, either one, is beyond me. Indeed,
> I don't think about it anymore.
>
> Now ... Carolyn is, admittedly, farther out still compared to
> Noura, and if she and her behavior is considered normal, it's
> stretching it, for sure!
>
> But these days, when people out- and overperform each other in
> their efforts to be exactly like everyone else - and if you
> aren't, you're immediately outdefined as a lethal,
> cyber-subversive psycho-anarchist or something equally scary
> in the minds of people who know nothing about such things
> anyway - we need those people even more, people who are
> confident being different in whatever little or big ways they
> are - and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!
>
> A lifestyle associated with problems, loneliness probably -
> sure! But whose fault is that, really? Oh, no!
>
> Go Carolyn!

My initial girl Maddy got screwed over by a twist. I'm rooting for Sarah now but I also like Frannie. Frannie will likely become a fan favorite and Sarah will be hated, but Sarah has a better shot at winning.

As for the guys, I don't have a favorite yet but I like Danny.

--
Brian

Re: fans with favorites

<87a60g1126.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=732&group=alt.tv.survivor#732

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 04:09:21 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 03:09 UTC

Brian Smith wrote:

> My initial girl Maddy got screwed over by a twist.

Screwed by a twist?

She made a huge push for a huge person (literally) early in
the game who also had an idol. And it backfired :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: fans with favorites

<877cvk10o7.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=733&group=alt.tv.survivor#733

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 04:17:44 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 03:17 UTC

>> My initial girl Maddy got screwed over by a twist.
>
> Screwed by a twist?
>
> She made a huge push for a huge person (literally) early in
> the game who also had an idol. And it backfired :)

And she knew he had an idol - everyone did.

Brandon got 2 votes, Maddy 1.

I think Brandon is my favorite with the males know.

Go Carolyn/Brandon!

Seems like a pretty likable bunch this time around?

Maybe it's always like that ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: fans with favorites

<8735680zg8.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=734&group=alt.tv.survivor#734

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 04:44:07 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 03:44 UTC

Brian Smith wrote:

> My initial girl Maddy got screwed over by a twist.
> I'm rooting for Sarah now but I also like Frannie.
> Frannie will likely become a fan favorite and Sarah will be
> hated, but Sarah has a better shot at winning.

Sarah is very good-looking, I don't know what background she
has but if she did sports she certainly has the size to be
a powerhouse in challenges as well.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: AU Survivor

<87h6umhg5d.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=739&group=alt.tv.survivor#739

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 04:01:18 +0100
 by: Emanuel Berg - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 03:01 UTC

Nomen Nescio wrote:

>> Get S10E02 here:
>>
>> https://www.magnetdl.com/file/5555959/survivor.au.s10e02.1080p.hevc.x265-megusta-eztv/
>>

> Survivor AU is awesome. I have every season except for 3 and
> 9. Downloading S10 now.

Ikr? :O

Watch an episode of AU and then one of US. Worlds apart!
It's like comparing World War 1 with a schoolyard wrestle.

US Survivor is a good, enjoyable show but this is on
a completely different level.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: AU Survivor

<87v8ij82ip.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=834&group=alt.tv.survivor#834

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 03:13:34 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 01:13 UTC

I have now seen the whole season thanks to people here and the
guys at 1337x. [1]

It's an awesome show, the only negative thing I can say about
it is the tendency to over-focus on certain aspects and
players, I've noticed it in the past with the AU/Oz show
(e.g., the "Hali vs George" season where sometimes the other
guys were seemingly altogether absent from the island,
almost), here it was a lot, yes too much perhaps of
"King George", it just wore out its novelty at some point.

Because of the "time difference" compared to the US show (not
time zones LOL) I felt it wasn't that much a problem since
I felt I got to know the other castaways as well, but yeah, do
the same thing in the US show and it would ruin the whole
season since so many guys would just be "the invisible man".

So don't do EVERYTHING like the AU guys, CBS :D

[1] https://1337x.to/sort-search/survivor%20au/time/desc/1/