Newsgroups: rec.music.reggae
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 17:18:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Brad Osbourne -- Clocktower/Abraham Records
From: sydneypioneer@gmail.com (Sydney Crooks)
 by: Sydney Crooks - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 00:18 UTC

Em sexta-feira, 14 de setembro de 2001 às 05:43:51 UTC-3, Erik T escreveu:
> Actually it was from both Heylin's and a Beatles-nut's books that I learned
> about some plant in a non-Manhattan borought of NYC- the home of Kustum Recs,
> among others, like the HWQ's named- "WCF/ White Cover Folks" label (I have 1 of
> their Jimi boots from waayyy back & it's not too bad)... in both books I
> believe the people who used this plant were derided for producing some rather
> crappy boots next to their left-coast counterparts.... LZ expert Robert Godwin
> complains about shitty east coast pressings in one of his books too, of course
> I have 1 crappy early (pre-) TMOQ lp, a Kinks boot from '71 dynamite show,
> tolerable recording, crapoloa surface noise-ridden & low-output lp press.....
> know of any other good boot/ related books? I've known a few people who could
> add some neat appendices to Heylin's excellent read... also, I'm sure this was
> a normal plant pressing the 'NY boots' in the early 70's but they were probably
> doing small runs for small labels or high school band stuff rather than
> handling a contract for any of the big labels.... /Erik
> jah bill wrote:
> > actually, if you read clinton heywoods book, bootleg, youll find that the
> > old time bootlegs were pressed in normal commercial plants for the most
> > part...they pretended the tapes contained something else and generally had
> > labels printed listing some made up band name for bootlegs of the stones,
> > beatles, zepplin etc. those pressings often were very good but were often
> > mastered from worn copies of previous issues of the recordings. sound
> > familiar?
> >
> > --
> >
> > one love
> > rasta 4 I
> > jah bill
> >
> > "Erik T" <mam...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > Hm, I wander if he goes to the same plant rock bootleggers used to use in
> > the NYC area
> > > in the late 60's and early 70's? Thick crappy pressings with lots of
> > surface noise- or
> > > maybe a lot of plants are like that?

> > (downtown T-O;
> > store here... I
> > the other
> > loaded van would

> > Carlton

PEOPLE, this guy is a PIRATE. This guy is pirating stuff without author's authorization. FOR EXAMPLE: HE has been pirating several records produced and financed by my husband, Sydney Crooks, for years in CANADA. He has exchanged all of the album art information and names himself as the record's producer. PEOPLE, how could such a thing happen?

SHAMELESS PIRATE!!! PREPARE YOURSELF THE PROCESS WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR ADDRESS!!!
SYDNEY CROOKS is alive, has a family, children, wife, nephew and lawyers!!!