From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: Nothing but silent generation presidents from 1974 to the present
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:17:55 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 21:17 UTC

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:38:41 -0000 (UTC), David Tenner
<dtenner@ameritech.net> wrote:

>(7) 2009-2017: Joe Biden. (In this ATL Carol Mosely Braun has decided to
>run for her old Senate seat in 2004, so Barack Obama does not run. The
>Clintons are of course hardly known outside Arkansas.) Wins in November
>2008 largely because of economic collapse; subsequent recovery is just
>enough to allow him to be re-elected in 2012.

The easiest way to derail Clinton's career would of course be for one
of his "lady friends" to come forward with accusations that would end
his career (and likely Hilary's as well unless she somehow managed to
replace him as state governor) with extreme prejudice. (Note I'm
talking about his career not his life)

In OTL he was of course fortunate to have survived several scandals
and a cigar in the governor's office could have ended his career just
as easily as a cigar in the Oval office could have.

Obama could of course have run in a race other than 2008.

Re: Nothing but silent generation presidents from 1974 to the present

<u7ulpf$3nh41$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=7286&group=alt.history.what-if#7286

From: trolidous@x.net (Trolidous)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 07:25:51 -0700
 by: Trolidous - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 14:25 UTC

On 6/13/23 14:17, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:38:41 -0000 (UTC), David Tenner
> <dtenner@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>> (7) 2009-2017: Joe Biden. (In this ATL Carol Mosely Braun has decided to
>> run for her old Senate seat in 2004, so Barack Obama does not run. The
>> Clintons are of course hardly known outside Arkansas.) Wins in November
>> 2008 largely because of economic collapse; subsequent recovery is just
>> enough to allow him to be re-elected in 2012.
>>
> The easiest way to derail Clinton's career would of course be for one
> of his "lady friends" to come forward with accusations that would end
> his career (and likely Hilary's as well unless she somehow managed to
> replace him as state governor) with extreme prejudice. (Note I'm
> talking about his career not his life)
>
> In OTL he was of course fortunate to have survived several scandals
> and a cigar in the governor's office could have ended his career just
> as easily as a cigar in the Oval office could have.
>
> Obama could of course have run in a race other than 2008.

Some of this thread is no longer showing on my server mirror.

Double checking.

What does 'silent generation' mean?

Has anyone ever done 'the Philadelphia convention decides to
have no presidency'?

Personally I think the office is extremely destructive to civilization
as a whole. It should be abolished if possible.

Re: Nothing but silent generation presidents from 1974 to the present

<robertaw-5E698C.21470503072023@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=7287&group=alt.history.what-if#7287

From: robertaw@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 21:47:06 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 04:47 UTC

In article <u7ulpf$3nh41$1@dont-email.me>, Trolidous <trolidous@x.net>
wrote:

> On 6/13/23 14:17, The Horny Goat wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:38:41 -0000 (UTC), David Tenner
> > <dtenner@ameritech.net> wrote:
> >
> >> (7) 2009-2017: Joe Biden. (In this ATL Carol Mosely Braun has decided to
> >> run for her old Senate seat in 2004, so Barack Obama does not run. The
> >> Clintons are of course hardly known outside Arkansas.) Wins in November
> >> 2008 largely because of economic collapse; subsequent recovery is just
> >> enough to allow him to be re-elected in 2012.
> >>
> > The easiest way to derail Clinton's career would of course be for one
> > of his "lady friends" to come forward with accusations that would end
> > his career (and likely Hilary's as well unless she somehow managed to
> > replace him as state governor) with extreme prejudice. (Note I'm
> > talking about his career not his life)
> >
> > In OTL he was of course fortunate to have survived several scandals
> > and a cigar in the governor's office could have ended his career just
> > as easily as a cigar in the Oval office could have.
> >
> > Obama could of course have run in a race other than 2008.
>
> Some of this thread is no longer showing on my server mirror.
>
> Double checking.
>
> What does 'silent generation' mean?

The silent generation is the generation before the Baby-Boomers, thus
born between about 1926 and 1945.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com