Ten years of rejection slips is nature's way of telling you to stop writing. -- R. Geis

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing

SubjectAuthor
* Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail ListingZobovor
`* Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail ListingEvil King Macrocranios
 `- Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail ListingZobovor

1
Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing

<44db8eb5-be5b-40e7-b470-036ff3ff4cf8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=7802&group=alt.toys.transformers#7802

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 14:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 12 May 2023 21:21 UTC

There are a couple more new retail computer listing floating around:

TRA BB STUDIO SERIES 86 2 PACK ANIME DECO PROWL

and

TRA GEN LEGACY CAPSULE G2 WILDRIDER

The G2 version of Wildrider (who, if it mirrors the unreleased 1994 edition, will be yellow with blue trim) has reportedly replaced the package refresh of G2 Drag Strip. It's clear the plan is to give us all give G2 Stunticons eventually, which is going to be expensive. But not as expensive as forking over $13,000 for an authentic G2 Menasor prototype and then driving to Kentucky to pick it up in person. Not that I've ever done that. Though I was considering it at one point.

The Prowl toy has been solicited as both "Anime Deco Prowl" and "Dying Prowl," so it sounds like it's going to be able to specifically re-enact his death scene from The Transformers: the Movie, perhaps even with orange eyes (because his insides are on fire) and smoke billowing out of his mouth (because, as we just established, his insides are on fire). If it was me making the calls, I might have designed an alternate head sculpt to allow for this, so you can get both a regular set of blue eyes and a closed mouth, as well as a separate head with orange eyes and an open mouth (and perhaps a blast effect that plugs into the mouth). But, it's hard to say.

We don't even know for sure if this is an all-new Prowl toy, or a reused version of the Amazon-exclusive version from the Ironhide 2-pack. It stands to reason they might have designed a new one, since we just got an all-new Voyager-class Ironhide, but there's no telling at this stage. We also don't know who the other character is in the two-pack. It would be trippy if it was the Decepticon who actually delivered the kill shot—which would be Constructicon Scavenger, incidentally. But, it would be awfully weird to break up the Constructicons like that. Depending on the price point, it could just be some other Decepticon who was present during the shuttle raid, like maybe a Ramjet package refresh or something.

Zob (spending another $80-$100 on G2 Motormaster is gonna sting a little)

Re: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing

<cf2a7475-70ba-48f2-acfc-22539805e9ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=7803&group=alt.toys.transformers#7803

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 19:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing
From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 14 May 2023 02:06 UTC

On Friday, May 12, 2023 at 2:21:43 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> There are a couple more new retail computer listing floating around:

> The G2 version of Wildrider (who, if it mirrors the unreleased 1994 edition, will be yellow with blue trim) has reportedly replaced the package refresh of G2 Drag Strip.

They sure are milking those Stunticons. I wonder if a toy colors redeco of G1 Wildrider will be coming out. I almost feel like double dipping on the upcoming Breakdown with more G1ish paint apps and a new head. But that head ain't that great and I've come to realize no paint job is going to make that car look like a Lamborghini. This is the figure that makes me realize how trying to make today's nicer sculpts look like the G1 toys is pointless and silly.

> We don't even know for sure if this is an all-new Prowl toy, or a reused version of the Amazon-exclusive version from the Ironhide 2-pack. It stands to reason they might have designed a new one, since we just got an all-new Voyager-class Ironhide, but there's no telling at this stage.

It'll probably be a redeco of the Buzzworthy Silverstreak, so it'll be a Prowl with Smokescreen front end.

> We also don't know who the other character is in the two-pack. It would be trippy if it was the Decepticon who actually delivered the kill shot—which would be Constructicon Scavenger, incidentally. But, it would be awfully weird to break up the Constructicons like that. Depending on the price point, it could just be some other Decepticon who was present during the shuttle raid, like maybe a Ramjet package refresh or something.

My guess is the movie deco Hound we saw a while back will be the second figure. Unless the price is indicating the second figure is a voyager, in which case I guess it'll be a dead Thundercracker or dead Skywarp.

Re: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing

<6c9f768d-39fd-4ce1-8b9d-de31fd33d628n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=7808&group=alt.toys.transformers#7808

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 15:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 15 May 2023 22:36 UTC

On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 8:06:46 PM UTC-6, Evil King Macrocranios wrote:

> They sure are milking those Stunticons. I wonder if a toy colors redeco of G1 Wildrider will be coming out.

A toy version of Wildrider doesn't feel like it would be significantly different to me. He's not a character whose vintage Hasbro version and media portrayal are wildly different.

> I almost feel like double dipping on the upcoming Breakdown with more G1ish paint apps and a new head. But that head ain't that great and I've come to realize no paint job is going to make that car look like a Lamborghini. This is the figure that makes me realize how trying to make today's nicer sculpts look like the G1 toys is pointless and silly.

I saw images of the Breakdown that comes with the extra head. I wonder how they're going to package and market that one? Maybe it's meant to be part of a Stunticons gift set, and they're throwing in different paint apps and extra heads to get people to double-dip?

Regarding Breakdown, what I'd really like to see is a remold where they give him the Lamborghini front end, but they nerf the back end somehow so it's still wrong. And then enterprising consumers can cobble together the two units to build a proper-looking Breakdown. That way, Hasbro still isn't violating any licensing requirements, but we get a correct Breakdown. It's sort of like giving him a submarine mode, you know?

> My guess is the movie deco Hound we saw a while back will be the second figure. Unless the price is indicating the second figure is a voyager, in which case I guess it'll be a dead Thundercracker or dead Skywarp.

Ooh, a battle-damaged Thundercracker would be hella cool, if they painted cracks on his armor and gave him those terrified "bitch, you did NOT just say you're throwing me out of this shuttle!" eyes. We're almost at the point as Transformers collectors now that Star Wars fans enjoyed for a long time, where you get toys representing specific moments of a character's career. Han Solo, Han Solo with headset and gloves, Han Solo in Slightly Different Pants, Han Solo in carbonite, Han Solo emerging from the carbonite, blind Han Solo, Han Solo who can see a big light blur instead of a big dark blur, Han Solo with an Ewok humping his leg, etc.

Zob (has all of the Han Solos)

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Studio Series 86 Dying Prowl Retail Listing