From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.music.reggae, alt.fan.countries.jamaica, soc.culture.caribbean, soc.culture.canada, can.general, alt.religion.shamanism
Subject: True Love Forever Day
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 02:07:48 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 04:37 UTC

Today (August 16, 2023) is True Love Forever Day.

It is also National Rum Day. and the national rum of Newfoundland
is Screech, a black rum distilled in Jamaica (it used to be traded
for salt fish) and used in Newfoundland in Screech-In ceremonies.

Since it is black I find it appropriate that it is associated with
today’s new/dark moon, and perhaps there can be a Screech-in
into a new age.

Ha, as usual I am grasping at straws.

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)

Re: True Love Forever Day

<0001HW.2A8DC6AA0003990F7000010BD38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=82&group=rec.music.reggae#82

From: dalton@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.music.reggae, alt.fan.countries.jamaica, soc.culture.caribbean, soc.culture.canada, can.general, alt.religion.shamanism
Subject: Re: True Love Forever Day
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 00:38:26 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 03:08 UTC

On Aug 16, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A8C8A1C0050B0187000024B738F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Today (August 16, 2023) is True Love Forever Day.
>
> It is also National Rum Day. and the national rum of Newfoundland
> is Screech, a black rum distilled in Jamaica (it used to be traded
> for salt fish) and used in Newfoundland in Screech-In ceremonies.
>
> Since it is black I find it appropriate that it is associated with
> today’s new/dark moon, and perhaps there can be a Screech-in
> into a new age.
>
> Ha, as usual I am grasping at straws.

Now it is early August 17, which is
National Black Cat Appreciation Day
and the black cat could also represent dark moon.