You may be marching to the beat of a different drummer, but you're still in the parade.

arts / rec.music.dylan / Can this really be the end...

SubjectAuthor
* Can this really be the end...williamgwilliams
+* Re: Can this really be the end...cheesetray
|`* Re: Can this really be the end...williamgwilliams
| `- Re: Can this really be the end...W.Dockery
+- Re: Can this really be the end...W.Dockery
`- Re: Can this really be the end...General-Zod

1
Can this really be the end...

<f3cb3fb6a2ccbefae1566c16c7bf87ac@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8119&group=rec.music.dylan#8119

From: williamgwilliams@gmail.com (williamgwilliams)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Subject: Can this really be the end...
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 20:52:37 +0000
 by: williamgwilliams - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 20:52 UTC

I haven't been attentive to RMD lately, and discovered just now that, effective yesterday (Feb. 22, 2024), I guess, it has become Read Only at a Google Group. Google explains, "Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums." Oy! This is what we get for not being modern. What modern Dylan groups do folks recommend? Or do you think noveBBS is sufficient as a RMD reader?
Well, there was Deja News before Google Groups, and that was for the heyday of RMD. So I hope this isn't the effective end of RMD.

Re: Can this really be the end...

<6f83023a79dc5ec5562007e01fd0120f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8120&group=rec.music.dylan#8120

From: roach4994@gmail.com (cheesetray)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Subject: Re: Can this really be the end...
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 22:23:01 +0000
 by: cheesetray - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 22:23 UTC

hey, willie.

well, i'm still here, lookimg for bob's peanus.

-cheese

Re: Can this really be the end...

<40ebd84c0c190c24f7cd629c8a50c739@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8122&group=rec.music.dylan#8122

From: williamgwilliams@gmail.com (williamgwilliams)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:52:04 +0000
 by: williamgwilliams - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:52 UTC

Fitting that you posted the final Google Group thread, Rachel. If novaBBS or whatever flames out completely, I hope we find a common place to meet.

Re: Can this really be the end...

<4151536974bf4078c1241e64ed17e5bf@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8123&group=rec.music.dylan#8123

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 17:48:08 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 17:48 UTC

williamgwilliams wrote:

> Fitting that you posted the final Google Group thread, Rachel. If novaBBS or whatever flames out completely, I hope we find a common place to meet.

Hello there, Willie, I'm reading news that the guy who runs the Eternal-September newsgroup reader is planning to create a Usenet portal, as well.

That's about all I know about it right now, but I'll post links when something happens.

:)

Re: Can this really be the end...

<6084b608ae09fa88351209e59d3cffe5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8124&group=rec.music.dylan#8124

From: will.dockery@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 17:54:26 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 17:54 UTC

williamgwilliams wrote:

> I haven't been attentive to RMD lately, and discovered just now that, effective yesterday (Feb. 22, 2024), I guess, it has become Read Only at a Google Group. Google explains, "Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums." Oy! This is what we get for not being modern. What modern Dylan groups do folks recommend? Or do you think noveBBS is sufficient as a RMD reader?
> Well, there was Deja News before Google Groups, and that was for the heyday of RMD. So I hope this isn't the effective end of RMD.

Hello Willie, Nova BBS is good for posting but it doesn't have the archives.

Re: Can this really be the end...

<267170a5fc4b609f4eac337f5cf1d530@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=8132&group=rec.music.dylan#8132

From: tzod9964@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:06:03 +0000
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:06 UTC

williamgwilliams wrote:

> I haven't been attentive to RMD lately, and discovered just now that, effective yesterday (Feb. 22, 2024), I guess, it has become Read Only at a Google Group. Google explains, "Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and formats such as social media and web-based forums." Oy! This is what we get for not being modern. What modern Dylan groups do folks recommend? Or do you think noveBBS is sufficient as a RMD reader?
> Well, there was Deja News before Google Groups, and that was for the heyday of RMD. So I hope this isn't the effective end of RMD.

Cool that you stuck with us.....