Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 11:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: G.I. Joe Music in Transformers? OR IS IT?! (Dun dun DUN!)
From: metamaker346@gmail.com (Adam)
 by: Adam - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 18:42 UTC

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 5:33:52 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> [...]
>
> There are some G.I. Joe episodes from 1985 that don't use the shared music at all. I think the episodes were probably be produced out of order, with many of them being pieced together simultaneously, and these were probably the earliest ones finished, before the shared music library was available. This is similar to how some late Transformers third-season episodes don't use any of the G.I. Joe: the Movie music (like "Fight or Flee," a Sandstorm introduction that we got long after Sandstorm's first animated appearance, and "Only Human"). I expect these were episodes that were started early on, but production delays resulted in them being aired late in the season.
>
> You know what I'm having fun with right now? I play a DVD episode on the computer while I call up one of the "wrong" music tracks and play it on Windows Media Player at the same time. For instance, the fifth televised season (narrated by Puppetmaster Prime) used all the 1980's synthesizer music during their new storytelling segments, even for first-season episodes like "More Than Meets the Eye." It's a weird juxtaposition. Right now we're trying to figure out the logistics of how Jimbo is going to send me 200GB of sound files, but they should include every audio channel for each episode, dialogue and sound effects and music included. I really want to piece together some "wrong" episodes because they're so crazy. Like, what "Five Faces of Darkness" would have sounded like if they'd had the new third-season music available. Or, conversely, what "Webworld" would have sounded like with all first-season music. Or what The Transformers: the Movie would have sounded like with a television music soundtrack!
>
> Before I have too much fun with that, of course, I would have to get cracking on putting together the rest of the soundtrack. Jimbo is basically done with season one but I'll be responsible for assembling the missing tracks for seasons two and three. It's gonna be a long summer!

question is why did they take so long to reveal

Re: G.I. Joe Music in Transformers? OR IS IT?! (Dun dun DUN!)

<288517e0-4bb3-48f6-a982-2c182989904dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8128&group=alt.toys.transformers#8128

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 19:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 02:10 UTC

On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 12:42:27 PM UTC-6, Adam wrote:

> question is why did they take so long to reveal

Not really sure what you're asking. Why did it take so long for the second season to start using new music? Or the third season? Why did it take us so long to release the music tracks? I don't understand your question.

Zob (when in doubt, I like to blame the government)

Re: G.I. Joe Music in Transformers? OR IS IT?! (Dun dun DUN!)

<d62d9706-6c6c-4112-863f-98b35f5e1be7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8130&group=alt.toys.transformers#8130

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 01:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: kernowmogs@gmail.com (Velvet Glove)
 by: Velvet Glove - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:49 UTC

Thread necromancy, but this is an interesting one. I remember when I lived in the States as a child from 1987-1989, and every weekday morning was watching a block of Sunbow shows, Transformers, G I Joe, My Little Pony and Jem (plus MASK). I picked up on a lot of commonalities over those two years but I don't recall noticing the music overlaps.

My Little Pony really *is* dreadful, btw. It was pitched at a younger audience, so it's kind of like an entire series of the most dumbed down G1 episodes, but it does have a stellar crew of writers and I'll always value it for being the one show that had a female ensemble on a par with TF (including a lot of the same character-types). Jem didn't, because the same dolls could be sold year after year in different outfits. Jem also used professional singers for the songs, so MLP is one of the best places to hear G1 actors singing (Mostly Sue Blue, Charlie Adler and Michael Bell, but Frank Welker and Peter Cullen popped up regularly as well--I just don't remember them being in songs outside of the Movie). Because it was for a different age setting, I wouldn't have expected it to have the same music, but it's definitely possible.

Is there an easy place online to listen to the show's soundtrack? My ear is pretty awful, but I could maybe go through some of the pony episodes and listen out for the background music.

Re: G.I. Joe Music in Transformers? OR IS IT?! (Dun dun DUN!)

<28bde119-1696-4c84-85ae-1e0d00b2a261n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8132&group=alt.toys.transformers#8132

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:59 UTC

On Monday, July 24, 2023 at 2:49:25 AM UTC-6, Velvet Glove wrote:

> My Little Pony really *is* dreadful, btw.

I tried. I tried so hard to watch it. But, at the time I was already screening the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, plus Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, AND the Jem cartoon. I actually liked Jem. But I just couldn't sit through My Little Pony. I couldn't do it.

> Is there an easy place online to listen to the show's soundtrack? My ear is pretty awful, but I could maybe go through some of the pony episodes and listen out for the background music.

http://www.thetfcog.com/ has all the Transformers music that we worked on available for download. You are a much braver person than I if you dare to venture forth into the acursed pony lands.

Zob (bought Moss Man today and, true to form, he does indeed smell like Christmas trees)

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: G.I. Joe Music in Transformers? OR IS IT?! (Dun dun DUN!)