You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing Their Minds Over It

SubjectAuthor
* Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing TheirDeath Reviews
`- Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing TheirIrrellius Spamticon

1
Re: Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing Their Minds Over It

<32b26ca9-16aa-4ef6-9d59-ab33f7cbb702n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8380&group=alt.toys.transformers#8380

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:51:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing Their
Minds Over It
From: deathreviewz@gmail.com (Death Reviews)
 by: Death Reviews - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 22:51 UTC

On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 11:07:16 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> William A. Rendfeld <WARen...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 8:39:01 PM UTC-4, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> > Seattle Wombats wrote:

> >> People give a damn about Clampdown?
> >
> > I want Clampdown. Was very sad that I couldn't preorder him, too. Still
> > got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get him at brick and mortar..
> >
> I mean, sure, he’s a diaclone redeco and Smokescreen #371, so someone is
> going to be interested, but I’m surprised that there were enough interested
> that he sold out, even shortpacked.
>
> He’s no Blurr. I would have expected twice as many idw fans as Clampdown
> fans.
>
> (If I found him with no hassle, I would have bought him… but I have a
> problem!)

Here it is, now Jan. 2023, and Velocitron Cosmos is STILL nowhere to be found in Walmart stores. Anyone in the US who found one, it was probably dumb luck. Every other deluxe is unsold by the dozen in most stores, with several copies of Road Rocket, Blurr, Burnout, etc. still hanging on pegs, forlorn and unwanted. Even Scourge has at least 5-6 unsold copies on clearance in our local store. But Cosmos? Nowhere. Walmart doesn't even have him listed as a part of the line on their website - not even to declare him 'out of stock' - he's just been completely erased.

Even "Galaxy Shuttle" is on the Walmart website, but not Cosmos. Why? What is it about this one figure which is making Walmart want to act as if he never existed?

Re: Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing Their Minds Over It

<46032bc8-5e68-4cd2-a0f1-238ba4d8c595n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8381&group=alt.toys.transformers#8381

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 16:03:21 -0800 (PST)
Minds Over It
From: Ob1kenoby@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 00:03 UTC

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 4:51:52 PM UTC-6, Death Reviews wrote:
> On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 11:07:16 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> > William A. Rendfeld <WARen...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > I want Clampdown. Was very sad that I couldn't preorder him, too. Still
> > > got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get him at brick and mortar.
> > >
> > I mean, sure, he’s a diaclone redeco and Smokescreen #371, so someone is
> > going to be interested, but I’m surprised that there were enough interested
> > that he sold out, even shortpacked.
> >
> > He’s no Blurr. I would have expected twice as many idw fans as Clampdown
> > fans.
> >
> > (If I found him with no hassle, I would have bought him… but I have a
> > problem!)
> Here it is, now Jan. 2023, and Velocitron Cosmos is STILL nowhere to be found in Walmart stores. Anyone in the US who found one, it was probably dumb luck. Every other deluxe is unsold by the dozen in most stores, with several copies of Road Rocket, Blurr, Burnout, etc. still hanging on pegs, forlorn and unwanted. Even Scourge has at least 5-6 unsold copies on clearance in our local store. But Cosmos? Nowhere. Walmart doesn't even have him listed as a part of the line on their website - not even to declare him 'out of stock' - he's just been completely erased.
>
> Even "Galaxy Shuttle" is on the Walmart website, but not Cosmos. Why? What is it about this one figure which is making Walmart want to act as if he never existed?
There was a distributor listing for Walmart stores in August where stores were supposed to get cases packed solid with just Cosmos as a second wave of the first Velocitron series, Similar to how saller retailers had an option to buy cases of just Refraktor during Siege but the Walmarts around here couldn't sell out of Blurr and Road rocket fast enough to trigger a restock, but even then the promised Cosmos case listed didn't materialize in the US (they showed up in the UK apparently). A lot of stores local to me were never restocked at all if they did sell through Blurr. I wonder if there are cases of Cosmos lost sunk in the ocean or something.

Picked up all 3 of the ones I saw on shelves, for myself and 2 friends.
Also got a Clampdown, and it' the only Earth Mode I've seen of the Sideswipe mold, and it's so underwhelming. Only saw Scourge once, and I would have bought him if I knew he'd be this rare.

Maybe we will get a Pathfinder redeco in the next wave of Speedia 500 as a referee or something, and they'll reissue Cosmos

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Velocitron Cosmos is Shortpacked, and Twitter is Losing Their Minds Over It