Don't make a big deal out of everything; just deal with everything.

arts / alt.tv.survivor / S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

SubjectAuthor
* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)Brian Smith
`* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)Brian Smith
 +* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)shawn
 |`- S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)The Horny Goat
 `* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)zeppo
  `* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)Brian Smith
   `* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)zeppo
    `* S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)Brian Smith
     `- S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)zeppo

1
S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<462e30ee-768b-4f3f-9a8a-c741d247e593n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=853&group=alt.tv.survivor#853

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 16:51:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Wed, 5 Apr 2023 23:51 UTC

Tonight's episode is titled "Survivor with a Capital S." Based on a preview clip, Carolyn's tribe and Frannie's tribe get treemail telling them to drop their buffs and to go to Brandon's tribe's camp. The note does not say that they are merging but that's what they assume. A tweet from CBS this afternoon confirms that the merge does not happen right away but it does happen this episode. So either they're doing one more normal boot or there's a twist coming.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<19a848f1-d8ab-4f3a-8113-72d3d3252b31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=854&group=alt.tv.survivor#854

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 21:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 04:08 UTC

On Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 5:51:32 PM UTC-6, Brian Smith wrote:
> Tonight's episode is titled "Survivor with a Capital S." Based on a preview clip, Carolyn's tribe and Frannie's tribe get treemail telling them to drop their buffs and to go to Brandon's tribe's camp. The note does not say that they are merging but that's what they assume. A tweet from CBS this afternoon confirms that the merge does not happen right away but it does happen this episode. So either they're doing one more normal boot or there's a twist coming.
>
> --
> Brian

Some quick comments and these are going to be out of order re the episode.

--Zeppo, I think we got decent confirmation that players still huddle/cuddle. In the case of Matt and Frannie, they even hold hands. Looks like they’re going to get targeted by Lauren next week. I hope she goes soon.. Has she done anything this season?

--Carolyn is easily one of casting’s best finds in years. So entertaining and playing a very good game. What was she looking at when she cast her vote? Her biggest obstacle to winning the game might be that people don’t listen to her. Will she get to the end and not be able to convince the jury that she made moves and knew what was going on the entire time? I do wonder though if she got through to most of them before the vote. The way they kept going back and forth between her Frannie at TC has me thinking that she might have convinced them that Josh’s idol was fake. If that’s the case, then her voting for Kane was a brilliant move. Now she can honestly say to Yam Yam that she didn’t vote for him.

--Frannie was very impressive going up the wall in the IC. Did you catch her giving Jaime a hug when Jaime finally made it up? And why didn’t Brandon help her up?!

--Carson killed the puzzle. I’d like to know if production asked him to send in that video clip AFTER the season was over so they could use it on the show. Gabby made a good point on Twitter that they need to change the puzzles now.

https://twitter.com/gabbypascuzzi/status/1643771771051704322

--I was surprised that Jeff stopped listening to Jaime when she was crying after the challenge was over. He normally lives for moments like that.

--As far as I’m concerned, we’re down to five standout players with the rest being kind of forgettable.

--Next episode Jeff tells them “You will have no say in who goes home.” I hope that doesn’t mean someone’s going to get screwed over by a stupid twist.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<9tss2ilnltvu5p4usnb8jjm6qluk0injtc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=855&group=alt.tv.survivor#855

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 03:32:44 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 07:32 UTC

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 21:08:32 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith
<dcg_brian@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 5:51:32?PM UTC-6, Brian Smith wrote:
>> Tonight's episode is titled "Survivor with a Capital S." Based on a preview clip, Carolyn's tribe and Frannie's tribe get treemail telling them to drop their buffs and to go to Brandon's tribe's camp. The note does not say that they are merging but that's what they assume. A tweet from CBS this afternoon confirms that the merge
does not happen right away but it does happen this episode. So either they're doing one more normal boot or there's a twist coming.

>> --
>> Brian
>
>Some quick comments and these are going to be out of order re the episode.
>
>--Zeppo, I think we got decent confirmation that players still huddle/cuddle. In the case of Matt and Frannie, they even hold hands. Looks like they’re going to get targeted by Lauren next week. I hope she goes soon. Has she done anything this season?
>
>--Carolyn is easily one of casting’s best finds in years. So entertaining and playing a very good game. What was she looking at when she cast her vote? Her biggest obstacle to winning the game might be that people don’t listen to her. Will she get to the end and not be able to convince the jury that she made moves and knew what
was going on the entire time? I do wonder though if she got through to most of them before the vote. The way they kept going back and forth between her Frannie at TC has me thinking that she might have convinced them that Josh’s idol was fake. If that’s the case, then her voting for Kane was a brilliant move. Now she can honestly
say to Yam Yam that she didn’t vote for him.

I think she did get through to them but the editors hid that from us
because it made the vote results obvious. Not that it was a huge shock
any way since Josh was the only one of the three mentioned that was a
possible physical threat. Yam Yam only ended up as the #2 vote getter
because of Josh and the potential of him having a Idol.

>--Frannie was very impressive going up the wall in the IC. Did you catch her giving Jaime a hug when Jaime finally made it up? And why didn’t Brandon help her up?!

She was, but then they all did great except for Jaime.

>--Carson killed the puzzle. I’d like to know if production asked him to send in that video clip AFTER the season was over
>so they could use it on the show. Gabby made a good point on Twitter that they need to change the puzzles now.
>
>https://twitter.com/gabbypascuzzi/status/1643771771051704322

They have various puzzles that they use and not many players bother to
prepare like Carson did. Just vary the shape and it becomes fairer,
but the person who has spent time working those sorts of puzzles will
still have the advantage. Which is true for almost every challenge.

>--I was surprised that Jeff stopped listening to Jaime when she was crying after the challenge was over. He normally lives for moments like that.
>
>--As far as I’m concerned, we’re down to five standout players with the rest being kind of forgettable.
>
>--Next episode Jeff tells them “You will have no say in who goes home.” I hope that doesn’t mean someone’s going to get screwed over by a stupid twist.

It sounded like it. Though it could mean that someone is going to end
up by themselves again for a night or two and won't get to vote but
also won't be able to be voted out. That's a fairer trade as they
would be safe for one tribal but at the cost of losing time building
bonds with the rest of the tribe.

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<k71u2itvgnq6lb7h5r9fj1osg2vfcqiro2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=856&group=alt.tv.survivor#856

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 10:46:42 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 17:46 UTC

On Thu, 06 Apr 2023 03:32:44 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>--Next episode Jeff tells them “You will have no say in who goes home.” I hope that doesn’t mean someone’s going to get screwed over by a stupid twist.
>
>It sounded like it. Though it could mean that someone is going to end
>up by themselves again for a night or two and won't get to vote but
>also won't be able to be voted out. That's a fairer trade as they
>would be safe for one tribal but at the cost of losing time building
>bonds with the rest of the tribe.

Yes that is potentially a 44-season lame-o but will probably be
something like "2 tribes living on the same beach, winner of the
challenge gets to watch the losing tribe voting somebody out"

As for this week's challenge I thought "winning tribe gets immunity,
all vote for the boot" rather interesting.

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<b45fa8f4-4b02-4768-bdc6-2818eb43f821n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=858&group=alt.tv.survivor#858

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 19:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:04 UTC

On Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 9:08:33 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> --Zeppo, I think we got decent confirmation that players still huddle/cuddle. In the case of Matt and Frannie, they even hold hands.

I didn't see anybody cuddling. With the exception of Matt and Frannie, all the players that we were shown were sleeping outside the
shelter at least an arm's length away from each other. Matt and Frannie were physically closer, but their body contact was minimal.

Looks like they’re going to get targeted by Lauren next week. I hope she goes soon. Has she done anything this season?

She hasn't had to. Prior to the merge, she had only been to TC once and took the option of "banking her vote". Lauren and Heidi are the
two players who we know the least about at this point in the game, but that is likely about to change.

> --Carolyn is easily one of casting’s best finds in years. So entertaining and playing a very good game. What was she looking at when she cast her vote?

After her comment, we saw a close-up of a medieval weapon which looked like a sphere with spikes attached to it. I can't begin to imagine why she possessed
such an object when she was growing up.

> --Frannie was very impressive going up the wall in the IC.

Yes, she is very athletic.

> And why didn’t Brandon help her up?!

Well, he gave her a push on the ass a couple of times. But what got her over the top was Carolyn's assistance from above.

> --I was surprised that Jeff stopped listening to Jaime when she was crying after the challenge was over. He normally lives for moments like that.

I'm sure that there was more to that exchange than what we were shown, but it was edited down.

> --As far as I’m concerned, we’re down to five standout players with the rest being kind of forgettable.

Who do you think the five are?

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<6a758492-df26-41aa-b9ca-37f596bb7e8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=859&group=alt.tv.survivor#859

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 09:16 UTC

On Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 8:04:16 PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 9:08:33 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>
> Looks like they’re going to get targeted by Lauren next week. I hope she goes soon. Has she done anything this season?
> She hasn't had to. Prior to the merge, she had only been to TC once and took the option of "banking her vote". Lauren and Heidi are the
> two players who we know the least about at this point in the game, but that is likely about to change.

She needs to build up her resume!

> > --Carolyn is easily one of casting’s best finds in years. So entertaining and playing a very good game. What was she looking at when she cast her vote?
> After her comment, we saw a close-up of a medieval weapon which looked like a sphere with spikes attached to it. I can't begin to imagine why she possessed
> such an object when she was growing up.

Probably into a lot of weird role playing games growing up. I wonder if they showed her making that comment and Kane talking about medieval games to foreshadow them aligning later in the game? It would be a weird alliance but they're both weird players.

> > --Frannie was very impressive going up the wall in the IC.
> Yes, she is very athletic.

Too bad she's blinded by a showmance and a jealous tribemate.

> > And why didn’t Brandon help her up?!
> Well, he gave her a push on the ass a couple of times. But what got her over the top was Carolyn's assistance from above.

To me those looked like little taps on her butt. He should have literally shoved her up the wall.

> > --I was surprised that Jeff stopped listening to Jaime when she was crying after the challenge was over. He normally lives for moments like that.
> I'm sure that there was more to that exchange than what we were shown, but it was edited down.

Great editing then b/c to me it looked like he walked away while she was still talking.

> > --As far as I’m concerned, we’re down to five standout players with the rest being kind of forgettable.
> Who do you think the five are?

Carson, Yam Yam, Carolyn, Matt, and Frannie. Based on a preview clip, I'm worried for two of them and who knows how that stupid twist will play out.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<27872b07-1b1d-41e2-81ef-b8f95f245ad5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=860&group=alt.tv.survivor#860

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 11:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:16 UTC

On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 2:16:07 AM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
> I wonder if they showed her making that comment and Kane talking about medieval games to foreshadow them aligning later in the game? It would be a weird alliance but they're both weird players.

I think you're on to something. We know that Carolyn and Carson have what appears to be a serious game relationship, and that Carson wants to
work with Kane. So the three of them moving forward together is a real possibility.

> Too bad she's blinded by a showmance and a jealous tribemate.

I am fine with her relationship with Matt. Compared to some of the borderline sleazy hook ups that we have witnessed in seasons past, their
romance has an element of innocence about it that I find refreshing.
I should know this, but who is the jealous tribe mate?

> To me those looked like little taps on her butt. He should have literally shoved her up the wall.

Not to beat this topic to death, but I can understand why some male players might be hesitant to grab a woman's butt, even in the context of a challenge.

> Great editing then b/c to me it looked like he walked away while she was still talking.

We didn't actually see Probst walking away. The jump cut between Jamie talking and Probst bringing the bag of merge buffs to the
group of challenge winners was very abrupt.

> > Who do you think the five are?
> Carson, Yam Yam, Carolyn, Matt, and Frannie.

I'm with you on everybody except Yum. He's a colourful character who was on a losing tribe which resulted in him getting a ton of face time
up until this point. However, IMO, he doesn't have the strategic chops to survive in the post merge game. I would substitute Danny for Yum.
I feel certain that he will not win this season given the terrible edit that he received during the E05 "food reward". However, I see him as a
serious player who should be a factor in the game moving forward.

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<8bdc0cdb-7d75-4c4a-ab90-549f89b5a344n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=861&group=alt.tv.survivor#861

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 13:31:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 20:31 UTC

On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 12:16:52 PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
> On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 2:16:07 AM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>
> > I wonder if they showed her making that comment and Kane talking about medieval games to foreshadow them aligning later in the game? It would be a weird alliance but they're both weird players.
> I think you're on to something. We know that Carolyn and Carson have what appears to be a serious game relationship, and that Carson wants to
> work with Kane. So the three of them moving forward together is a real possibility.

That makes a lot of sense. Carolyn's confessional where she said she trusts Yam Yam 94% and Carson 99.9% is a near guarantee that she will go with Carson down the road. Hopefully at the beginning of the next episode we find out why she voted for Kane. I think it was done to keep her relationship with Yam Yam on good terms but it would be nice to know for sure.

> > Too bad she's blinded by a showmance and a jealous tribemate.
> I am fine with her relationship with Matt. Compared to some of the borderline sleazy hook ups that we have witnessed in seasons past, their
> romance has an element of innocence about it that I find refreshing.
> I should know this, but who is the jealous tribe mate?

Lauren! She wants Frannie gone so she can have Matt. There's a preview clip for next episode that is of the type that is usually the kiss of death for the featured player. Except in this case I think it's going to be the girlfriend that gets taken out.

What sleazy hookups are you talking about? I can't think of any hookups period unless I go way back.

> > To me those looked like little taps on her butt. He should have literally shoved her up the wall.
> Not to beat this topic to death, but I can understand why some male players might be hesitant to grab a woman's butt, even in the context of a challenge.

I don't think that stuff is a big deal for players like it is for social media. People have been boosted up by butt pushes since the start of the show and no one has complained. They should know going into the game that stuff like that happens during challenges and that occasionally clothing gets ripped off. It's things like non-consensual massages that the players need to stop doing. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that CBS has someone on set now to monitor such behavior and that if they see it happening they put an end to it.
> > Great editing then b/c to me it looked like he walked away while she was still talking.
> We didn't actually see Probst walking away. The jump cut between Jamie talking and Probst bringing the bag of merge buffs to the
> group of challenge winners was very abrupt.

I need to watch that again.

> > > Who do you think the five are?
> > Carson, Yam Yam, Carolyn, Matt, and Frannie.
> I'm with you on everybody except Yum. He's a colourful character who was on a losing tribe which resulted in him getting a ton of face time
> up until this point. However, IMO, he doesn't have the strategic chops to survive in the post merge game. I would substitute Danny for Yum.
> I feel certain that he will not win this season given the terrible edit that he received during the E05 "food reward". However, I see him as a
> serious player who should be a factor in the game moving forward.

Before the fake merge Reward feast I would have agreed with you. The way he and Brandon ignored Carolyn and said they wanted to align with physically strong players knocked him down several notches as a player, IMO. His strategic game is no better than Yam Yam's plus Yam Yam has better allies at the moment. As of now, who is Danny closely aligned with other than maybe Brandon? IIRC, he still has an idol so he might be good for a while.

FYI, of the five I mentioned I'll be shocked if two of them make it F4. Carson's too cocky and Matt and Frannie are too big of a threat to leave in the game. Jaime making it to F3 would not shock me.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep06 Spoilers and Comments (4/5/2023)

<3bf4bbea-eec6-4330-8f61-f6e4f2b20a9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=862&group=alt.tv.survivor#862

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 15:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 22:26 UTC

On Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 1:31:20 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> What sleazy hookups are you talking about? I can't think of any hookups period unless I go way back.

I would describe the hook-up between Taylor Stocker and Jessica Figueroa in S33 as being "borderline" sleazy, and
(much as I wish to erase it from my memory) Amanda and Ozzy's relationship in "Fans vs. Favourites 1" crossed the
line into "full-on sleaze".

It's things like non-consensual massages that the players need to stop doing. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that CBS has someone on set now to monitor such behavior and that if they see it happening they put an end to it.

I agree.

>As of now, who is Danny closely aligned with other than maybe Brandon?

IIRC, he was working with Heidi on the former Green Tribe.

>IIRC, he still has an idol so he might be good for a while.

Yes, and he will be a challenge threat.
> FYI, of the five I mentioned I'll be shocked if two of them make it F4. Carson's too cocky and Matt and Frannie are too big of a threat to leave in the game. Jaime making it to F3 would not >shock me.

As much as I like both of them, I agree with you on Matt and Frannie. OTOH, I think that Carson is getting a really good edit and has a legitimate chance of
winning the game.
I would be okay with Jaime making it to F3 if she plays her way there. But, after what happened in S43, I do not want to see her dragged to the end
by better players.