Our problems are so serious that the best way to talk about them is lightheartedly.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack Images

SubjectAuthor
* Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack ImagesZobovor
`- Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack ImagesZobovor

1
Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack Images

<1d57a208-3655-4e6d-995a-561fa40dfc13n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8552&group=alt.toys.transformers#8552

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 15:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack Images
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:13 UTC

Remember that exciting scene from the G1 cartoon pilot, "More Than Meets the Eye" part 1, when Megatron and Shockwave and all the other Decepticons board the Nemesis, and nobody stays behind at all to guard Cybertron?

Well, Pepperidge Farm remembers. And so does Takara:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/10/05/takara-tomy-transformers-dramatic-capture-series-nemesis-bridge-shockwave-megatron-soundwave-official-images-496027

So it's a three-pack of Voyager-scale toys, including Leader-class Shockwave without his surfboard and extra arms, Earthrise Megatron in a less battle-damagey deco (but with the same awful Bert-from-Sesame-Street eyebrows), and Netflix Soundwave in slightly different deco (silver-painted grey parts, red stripes on the wrists and guns). I guess technically it's a four-pack because Laserbeak is in there, too. And it also comes with Coronation Starscream's throne, which is being repurposed as the Nemesis control chair (which is what it was designed to resemble in the first place).

I might have nibbled if Shockwave had been a much lighter cartoony purple. But, this looks very similar to the Siege release, and my biggest complaint about that toy is the dark purple color. Also, can Siege Shockwave even transform into anything without all those extra parts? Takara seems to think so.

The set is supposed to retail for like ¥16,500 which works out to be about $37 USD per toy, if you assume the throne and Laserbeak are thrown in for free. But if you're like me, and you have Siege Shockwave and you have Earthrise Megatron and you have Netflix Soundwave and you have Coronation Starscream, there's basically no point to getting this.

Zob (Megatron is doin' the pigeon)

Re: Takara "Dramatic Capture" Nemesis Bridge 3-Pack Images

<e41b5e64-e3f5-482c-abf9-4739270d5acen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8569&group=alt.toys.transformers#8569

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 16:49 UTC

On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 4:13:33 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> So it's a three-pack of Voyager-scale toys, including Leader-class Shockwave without his surfboard and extra arms, Earthrise Megatron in a less battle-damagey deco (but with the same awful Bert-from-Sesame-Street eyebrows), and Netflix Soundwave in slightly different deco (silver-painted grey parts, red stripes on the wrists and guns). I guess technically it's a four-pack because Laserbeak is in there, too. And it also comes with Coronation Starscream's throne, which is being repurposed as the Nemesis control chair (which is what it was designed to resemble in the first place).

It's up for pre-order on BBTS now, with a retail price of $109.99 and a ship date of June 2024:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/256403

I guess it's a good way of replacing your Netflix Soundwave and/or Earthrise Megatron if either or both of them are turning yellow. I wonder if that's the real reason these toys were bundled together.

Zob (Cyberverse Arcee is the only toy I've actually had this happen to, so far)