I've got a bad feeling about this.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

SubjectAuthor
* Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4Rodimus_2316
`* Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'sEvil King Macrocranios
 +- Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'sRodimus_2316
 +- Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'sRodimus_2316
 `- Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'sOptim

1
Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

<e57323ed-dafc-4541-a834-11568764d7c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8605&group=alt.toys.transformers#8605

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 17:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4
and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)
From: rodimus2316@hotmail.com (Rodimus_2316)
 by: Rodimus_2316 - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 00:18 UTC

SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/SPOILER SPACE/

I'm surprised no one here has been keeping track of this. It's the start of the new Transformers comic continuity called the "Energon Universe." I finally got time to read through all these:

Void Rivals #1:

A space ship severely-crashes on a barren, but breathable planet. The fully-space-suited-with-helmet/mask pilot alien humanoid, an "Agorrian" named Darak, with a robotic right hand A.I. assistant called "Handroid," steps from the wreckage, undamaged but stranded, and the ship is unfixable. Handroid injects him with some serum from a medpack to wake him up. Turns out that his ship had been engaged by a ship from an enemy humanoid race called the "Zertonians," and Handroid explains that both ships were caught in the gravitational pull of of a comet, and it appears they were slingshotted into an uncharted quadrant. He adds he's trying to calculate potential distance to the "sacred ring" based on their speed and duration, but the high degree of variables are making an accurate calculation difficult. Darak is then suprise physically-attacked by the Zertonian that shot him down, also fully-space-suited-with-helmet/mask, but she begs him to spare her right before bringing a rock in his hand down on her head, and he does. Turns out her name is Solila, and they then form an uneasy alliance, and decide to try to use the wreckage of Darak's ship might make Solila's work again. In the process, she connects the wrong two cords, causing the combined-ships to blow up, but Darak saves her from it, and she then shoots foam on him to stop him from burning. Realizing their situation is now hopeless, Solila walks off, not wanting to die with an Agorrian. Later, as Handroid is revealing that, given their current resources, the wreckage is 58% salvageable, Solila runs back, saying she found something incredible. She leads him to it: It is a crashed G1 Jetfire in plane mode (no Autobot insignias). Both have no idea what it is, where it could have come from, or how long it has been there, but try to see if they can use it to escape. They try reenergizing it with as much as they can from a small generator from one of their ships, but Jetfire then transforms back to robot mode, (still no insignias). He tells them not to fear him, that he's a Cybertronian scientist, and asks them how long he's been there. They say they have no idea, of course. After inspecting himself, Jetfire realizes that he's been there for millions of years, wonders if Cybertron still exists, then says he's sorry, but has to get home, transforms and takes off. Darak yells for him to return, but he doesn't hear. Back at the wreckage, Solila is being pessimistic, but Darak says they did just see a lifeform turn into a vehicle, so maybe it's possible for them to do the same? He adds that the components of their flight armor might be all that's needed to turn the wreckage into a suitable spacecraft. He continues that the planetoid has a breathable atmosphere, so they can survive without them. They'll be exposed to more solar radiation, but as long as they complete the vehicle quickly, they should be fine. Solila is against the idea of them removing their helmets and showing their faces, saying the "sacred decrees it breaks," and not wanting to see his "hideous, Agorrian face." Darak says they're just going to have to do it anyway, as he'd rather see her "misshapen Zertonian face than die." They each take their helmets off at the same time, and they're both human-looking, but Darak and a red, six-sided jewel on his forehead, while Solila has a green, four-sided one (the top line is longer than the bottom). Darak: "We're the....same? It's just like my VISION." Solila (angry): "WHAT vision?"

Void Rivals #2:

Flashback: We see "The Sacred Ring," which turns out to be both a large body of gold matter in a ring-shape in space, with another large body of purple matter in a ring-shape in space, smaller and inside the other, each at a 45 decgree angle of each other. Our scene is somewhere on it, with Darak walking down a hallway or between buildings with an Agorrian superior officer. Darak: "JUMP JET pilot DARAK reporting for duty, Director Slander." DS: "Coordinates have been logged into your HANDROID. At its current speed, you'll only have 12.3 seconds to latch on before you're out of range. Should be more than enough time. Long range sensors estimate FOUR THOUSAND tons of ice. That would be an EXCELLENT addition to our reserves. Intel suggests the Zertonians are currently rationing water. If we want to maintain this advantage--" Darak: "Don't worry, sir. They won't get it. You can count on me." Both are shown definitely outside now, with a red ship on a launcher, ready to be launched. Both face an old, grey-bearded, heavy-set Agorrian man. DS: "MINISTER DULIN. This is...unexpected. I'll, um...allow you two a moment." Darak to MD: "Have you come to see me off, Father?" MD: "Darak, in a matter of moments, you will launch as the greatest Agorrian pilot in history. THAT is the ONLY thing that has spared you from my WRATH. Return with the same sterling record...or DO NOT RETURN AT ALL." He then turns past him and walks away. Darak, with a sad look on his face, puts on his helmet and gets on the raising plaform to the ship with DS. DS: "Be aware, we detected the comet's approach from Agorrian space. We have an approximate six minute advantage over the Zertonians. They are no doubt scrambling a STAR WING now. That advantage won't hold." Darak (about to enter ship from high-up walk-area now, DS standing nearby): "I won't let you down, Director." DS (saluting him with his left hand's index and middle fingers): "I have no doubt. Lightspeed to you, Darak." Darak (inside the cockpit): "System check complete. Handroid, this mission is high-priority. Revive me the INSTANT we cross the event horizon." Handroid: "This is not my first launch, pilot." Ship takes off. Darak: "Ignition. Launch initiated." By the time they enter space, Darak is unconscious, and stays that way currently. Handroid: "Pilot, we are clear. Reviver administered. Pilot. Pilot? Pilot?" During this, Darak has his vision, where he's given some narritive-insight into the true Agorrian and Zertonian history: "Two thriving worlds. An unending war. A dying sun. Two warring civilizations must come together,,,or perish apart. Their salvation would be...THE SACRED RING. The heavens quaked as generations were born, living and dying, giving everything they had to the effort. Mothers and Fathers taught sons and daughters who taught sons and daughters who taught sons and daugthers for THOUSANDS of years. Generations came and went, knowing only labor and sacrifice. The peace maintained to create the Ring...would not last. Thousands of years united. Now torn apart. Centuries pass. Rumors become myths." Darak jerks backward in his seat and wakes up. Handroid: "Pilot?!" Vision: "Myths become legends." Darak begins taking off his helmet. Handroid: "Pilot? What are you doing?" Vision: "Legends fade with the sands of time." Darak lays back in his seat without his mask, eyes closed, paying full attention. Handroid: "It is inadvisable to remove your helmet during flight.." Vision: "A shared past, barely remembered." Handroid (with Darak's eyes all-white or closed): "This is not a known side-effect of the reviver." Vision: "Only conflict remains." Darak passed out again. Handroid: "Pilot?" In the background of the last two pages combined, we see one big ring: Left half is orange (for Agorrians?) and the right half is green (for Zertonians?). There's also a purple/white area within that. Next page we see two tall panels: On the left are a number of the Agorrians, and on the right are a number of the Zertonians. Aside from the forehead-jem difference discovered last issue, Agorrians have red/yellow/grey/black-colored outfits, looking more proud and noble, with an orange/black background, while the Zertonians have just green/grey/black ones, and look angry or serious, with a green/black/grey background. Vision: "Different in every way. Different cultures. Different values. Different ways of life. In so many ways they couldn't be more distant. And they couldn't FEAR and hate each other more.. As resources in the local solar system dwindled, the fighting ESCALATED." On the next page are two white humanoid heads, one with the red jewel and the other with the green, merging together by panels. Vision: "Their only interaction in war and from a distance. Both only knew the stories told of the other. The truth was lost. But the times are dark and only growing darker still. The time of GOLIANT is drawing near. What once was one must become whole again...or PERISH." Darak finally wakes up from his vision. Handroid: "Comet proximity alert. Encounter window opens in five seconds.. Four." Darak: "Wow...I'm..." Handroid: "Three." Darak (touching his left hand's middle and index finger to the side of his forehead): "I'm on it. Setting coordinates now, readying snare."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

<d787314c-26d7-4c73-81f1-8cd072ee4bean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8629&group=alt.toys.transformers#8629

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 09:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s
1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)
From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:55 UTC

On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 5:18:07 PM UTC-7, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Thoughts? Comments? I thought all of this was pretty cool. Void Rivals also not only featured some cool old G1 story characters, but the main story and characters themselves are pretty interesting on their own, as well.

I read Void Rivals 1 because of the hype and then never read any more of it because Jetfire didn't do much beyond his cameo so I felt suckered. I waited for Transformers 1 and it was worth getting. I loved it. It looks like the writer is sticking to the tech specs for characterization which I find kind of neat, but with '86 movie stakes where anyone can die at any moment. So I find the writing approach interesting, sort of a gory Budiansky Noir retelling of the G1 mythos. And the art is a big reset from the highly polished late IDW style. It's a lot more grungy and Frank Springer-ish like they're trying to recreate the look of the first Marvel Comics. It visually really reminds me of the Go Nagai super robot cartoons of the mid to late 70s.. If these panels were animated they would look more like the intro to Mazinger Z or Grendizer than the intro to the original G1 cartoon. So it makes me feel like a kid again, but a kid scarred by robot war who has seen some shit instead of a naive ten year old that doesn't understand death or energon.

I appreciate the resetting and how it manages to be familiar with the plot points at the beginning but then starts diverging from the story we know and expect. It's Transformers 1.11 You Can(not) Transform. But my original introduction being the G1 cartoon is a mental burden and I hear the lines being spoken in the cartoon voices and I find it hard to treat this as its own thing and take it seriously without evoking the goofier moments of Sunbow. At the end I didn't know whether to gasp in horror or laugh at Starscream's choice of the word 'squishy' which is a funny word. Sunbow Starscream would so say that! But Sunbow Starscream never had blood and guts dripping all over his face either. They're going to have to keep doing stuff like that to remind me we aren't in 1984 anymore.

The way their bodies hung in the air while being repaired by the Ark was an awesome visual. Very iconic moment for me. I feel like this comic iteration is very very close to what I always wanted. I love the art and the writing so of course it'll get cancelled before it hits 13 issues.

> Both VR and this new Transformers series are both pretty cool equally, I'd say. Interested in seeing how the "Energon Universe" will play out.

I don't know what the long game is here, given they're killing characters off in the first issue. I think this is going to be a wild, short ride. Transformers comic universes haven't been lasting very long lately and I feel like the G1 golden age is now behind us, so this may be the last hurrah of G1 media tie ins.

> I also have WhatNot Pubishing's Astrobots 1-5 by Simon Furman (now called, our bought out by, Massive Publishing). They aren't TFs, but sentient robots in space. Should I review them, or did someone else want to do it, or as they aren't TFs, we shouldn't talk about it?

Just go for it, post what you want here and don't worry about permission from anyone. I have a feeling you could be waiting quite a while for an Astrobots newsgroup to pop up.

Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

<30189979-7a8e-4362-8c4f-297a39338051n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8644&group=alt.toys.transformers#8644

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)
From: rodimus2316@hotmail.com (Rodimus_2316)
 by: Rodimus_2316 - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 23:23 UTC

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 9:55:47 AM UTC-7, Evil King Macrocranios wrote:
> On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 5:18:07 PM UTC-7, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
>
> > Thoughts? Comments? I thought all of this was pretty cool. Void Rivals also not only featured some cool old G1 story characters, but the main story and characters themselves are pretty interesting on their own, as well.
> I read Void Rivals 1 because of the hype and then never read any more of it because Jetfire didn't do much beyond his cameo so I felt suckered. I waited for Transformers 1 and it was worth getting. I loved it. It looks like the writer is sticking to the tech specs for characterization which I find kind of neat, but with '86 movie stakes where anyone can die at any moment.. So I find the writing approach interesting, sort of a gory Budiansky Noir retelling of the G1 mythos. And the art is a big reset from the highly polished late IDW style. It's a lot more grungy and Frank Springer-ish like they're trying to recreate the look of the first Marvel Comics. It visually really reminds me of the Go Nagai super robot cartoons of the mid to late 70s. If these panels were animated they would look more like the intro to Mazinger Z or Grendizer than the intro to the original G1 cartoon. So it makes me feel like a kid again, but a kid scarred by robot war who has seen some shit instead of a naive ten year old that doesn't understand death or energon.
>
> I appreciate the resetting and how it manages to be familiar with the plot points at the beginning but then starts diverging from the story we know and expect. It's Transformers 1.11 You Can(not) Transform. But my original introduction being the G1 cartoon is a mental burden and I hear the lines being spoken in the cartoon voices and I find it hard to treat this as its own thing and take it seriously without evoking the goofier moments of Sunbow. At the end I didn't know whether to gasp in horror or laugh at Starscream's choice of the word 'squishy' which is a funny word. Sunbow Starscream would so say that! But Sunbow Starscream never had blood and guts dripping all over his face either. They're going to have to keep doing stuff like that to remind me we aren't in 1984 anymore.
>
> The way their bodies hung in the air while being repaired by the Ark was an awesome visual. Very iconic moment for me. I feel like this comic iteration is very very close to what I always wanted. I love the art and the writing so of course it'll get cancelled before it hits 13 issues.

While I agree with your sentiments for TF #1 (especially the bodies-hung-in-the-air-while-being-repaired-by-the-Ark thing, as it reminds me of something else I've seen, just can't remember exactly what at the moment), Void Rivals is, to me, still an interesting original story on it's own, and all issues have occasional G1 story characters popping up to boot is a nice bonus.. I liked most the usage of the Skuxxoid and the Quint Prosecutor-type. The Skuxxoid even reused similar lines from the Ghost of Starscream G1 episode, and had the same rockeroid asteroid ship from FFoD 1&2.

> > Both VR and this new Transformers series are both pretty cool equally, I'd say. Interested in seeing how the "Energon Universe" will play out.
> I don't know what the long game is here, given they're killing characters off in the first issue. I think this is going to be a wild, short ride. Transformers comic universes haven't been lasting very long lately and I feel like the G1 golden age is now behind us, so this may be the last hurrah of G1 media tie ins.

Maybe, but hope not.

> > I also have WhatNot Pubishing's Astrobots 1-5 by Simon Furman (now called, our bought out by, Massive Publishing). They aren't TFs, but sentient robots in space. Should I review them, or did someone else want to do it, or as they aren't TFs, we shouldn't talk about it?
> Just go for it, post what you want here and don't worry about permission from anyone. I have a feeling you could be waiting quite a while for an Astrobots newsgroup to pop up.

Sure, but first here's a review of Void Rivals #5:

Darak and Solila are still stilling in their cell on Zerotonia, Solila looking worried, and Darak leaning back with his arms crossed. Darak: "Okay, so...exactly how much trouble are we in?" Handroid: "I would calculate that--" Darak: "Not you. HER." Solila: "Well, we have a secret. A very IMPORTANT secret that those in power would very much like to keep. There's only one guaranteed way to keep that secret." Darak: "Is this a riddle? Are we playing a GAME here? What are you saying?" Solila: "They're going to kill us." Darak: "Do you feel good about yourself, Solila? Are you happy with the choices you made?" Solila: "I AM NOT." Darak (raising his arms in the air): "We could have dealt with the separately, nice little escape pods to our separate homes. BUT NO, you had to complicate things." Solila: "I would have probably ended up here anyway. But for what will happen to you, I'm sorry." Darak: "Eh...they're going to kill us BOTH. Doesn't that make us even somehow?" Solila: "Well, you still have information about your people they want. They're probably going to also TORTURE you first." Darak (sitting up fully): "WHAT?!" The metal cell door opens again, and three Zertonian guards enter. Guard 1: "Grab him." Darak: "No. No. No." Guards 2 and 3 hold him up by the arms. Guard 1: "Hold him." He then injects some kind of serum into Darak's neck. Darak: "Aw, man..." The guards then leave, carrying Darak off. Solila sighs to herself. Enter now are some Zertonian women in elaborate, purple garments; one leading, two following behind. Solila: "MISTRESS VILL?! How?!" MV: "Our order goes where it pleases. You know this. Or rather, you did once, it pains me to see you fallen SO LOW, my child." Solila (standing up and looking angry): "I am your child no longer, witch. I turned my back on you ZEALOTS long ago. I am a warrior. I am a pilot. I no longer belong to your order." MV: "You have become what we have ALLOWED you to become. Your path has been ordained and you walk it as designed. Zerta sees all. Zerta knows all. Once you have bathed in the light of Zerta, it cannot be UNDONE. You will always be a KEEPER OF THE LIGHT. That is Zerta's will." Solila: "It is not ZERTA'S will you follow but YOUR OWN." MV: "ZALILAK'S POISON flowing from your lips. A pity. How can one who claims to be FIRST CHOSEN be so BLIND? Surely your teachings allow you to see through that charlatan." Solila continues to stare agrily at MV. MV: "There is the Solila I remember. So much said without words..." Solila (sitting back down looking bothered): "Mistress Vill, who do you torment me with your presence? Is my imprisonment not punishment enough?" MV: "PUNISHMENT? Were the CAVERNS OF RALL a punishment? Or is what you learned there a GIFT? Your trials are what made you who you are, child. And, by Zerta, they continue to this day. Where you find yourself now is no different...punishment? Maybe. More likely a detour that will soon be at its end. It is not your destiny to die here. A KEEPER OF THE LIGHT doesn't meet their end in darkness. Soon you will find your path and resume your journey. Where your path now leads, NO ZERTONIAN has ever ventured. We are here to prepare you for what is to come....and provide you with a UNIQUE ITEM OF POWER which will be essential to your journey."

We see a Quintesson Judge, sitting in his green throne, talking to someone off-pane, using the face of death: "I am more than preparted to PASS JUDGEMENT on you, vile creature. You DARE step foot on Quintessa? You DARE present us with this...transaction? You will be food for our SHARKTICONS before the cycle's end." We now see who stands before the QJ: The Skuxxoid and the Quintesson Prosecutor from before, with QP still in the glowing binds, held by the Skuxxoid from last issue. Skuxxoid: "Your honor, PLEASE. I am but a humble servant--I aim to please, as always. I have provided services to your kind many times in the past. I have no desire to damage that relationship. I am returning this Prosecutor to you, safe and sound, at GREAT EXPENSE to myself. Is it wrong of me to wish to be made WHOLE for my troubles?" QJ (face of bitterness): "This one was transporting a Quintesson SCORPIA. QJ (face of laughter): "It was bound for the fighting arenas on the planet DOMINUS." QJ (face of rage): "It was of TREMENDOUS value to us." QJ (face of doubt): "Where is it?" Skuxxoid: "... Well..." QP: "This wretch allowed the Scorpia to be damaged beyond repair! One of it's claws were severed. He also took me to Cybertron to try and sell--" QJ (face of death again, with Allicons shown walking up and about to take the QP away): "SILENCE! You are a disgrace. Remove this one from my sight. He will be dealt with later. As for you, Skuxxoid... (face of Rage, with the Allicons taking QP away): "Give us ONE reason you should be allowed to leave Quintessa alive." The Skuxxoid looks around to see Allicons coming to take him away too: "I'm just trying to make a living! you can't punish me for that. PLEASE! It's hard out there in the galaxy. You don't know what it's like! I have a wife and--" The Allicons grab him and pull him away. Skuxxoid: "No! No! No!" QJ (face of doubt): "Prepare him for TRIAL." Skuxxoid: "WAIT! I'll be in your debt! I can be useful! I can give you your ship, too! ALL MY SHIPS! My Rockeroid! I have a new ship--both Agorrian and Zertonian origin. RARE METALS not seen in this quadrant!" QJ (still face of doubt): "STOP! Did you say...ZERTONIAN?"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

<defb9547-b78a-41b9-bc14-075792d56df9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8647&group=alt.toys.transformers#8647

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)
From: rodimus2316@hotmail.com (Rodimus_2316)
 by: Rodimus_2316 - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 03:06 UTC

> [...]

Darak and Solila are still stilling in their cell on Zerotonia, Solila looking worried, and Darak leaning back with his arms crossed. Darak: "Okay, so....exactly how much trouble are we in?" Handroid: "I would calculate that--" Darak: "Not you. HER." Solila: "Well, we have a secret. A very IMPORTANT secret that those in power would very much like to keep. There's only one guaranteed way to keep that secret." Darak: "Is this a riddle? Are we playing a GAME here? What are you saying?" Solila: "They're going to kill us." Darak: "Do you feel good about yourself, Solila? Are you happy with the choices you made?" Solila: "I AM NOT." Darak (raising his arms in the air): "We could have dealt with the separately, nice little escape pods to our separate homes. BUT NO, you had to complicate things." Solila: "I would have probably ended up here anyway. But for what will happen to you, I'm sorry." Darak: "Eh...they're going to kill us BOTH. Doesn't that make us even somehow?" Solila: "Well, you still have information about your people they want. They're probably going to also TORTURE you first." Darak (sitting up fully): "WHAT?!" The metal cell door opens again, and three Zertonian guards enter. Guard 1: "Grab him." Darak: "No. No. No." Guards 2 and 3 hold him up by the arms. Guard 1: "Hold him." He then injects some kind of serum into Darak's neck. Darak: "Aw, man..." The guards then leave, carrying Darak off. Solila sighs to herself. Enter now are some Zertonian women in elaborate, purple garments; one leading, two following behind. Solila: "MISTRESS VILL?! How?!" MV: "Our order goes where it pleases. You know this. Or rather, you did once, it pains me to see you fallen SO LOW, my child." Solila (standing up and looking angry): "I am your child no longer, witch. I turned my back on you ZEALOTS long ago. I am a warrior. I am a pilot. I no longer belong to your order." MV: "You have become what we have ALLOWED you to become. Your path has been ordained and you walk it as designed. Zerta sees all. Zerta knows all. Once you have bathed in the light of Zerta, it cannot be UNDONE. You will always be a KEEPER OF THE LIGHT. That is Zerta's will." Solila: "It is not ZERTA'S will you follow but YOUR OWN." MV: "ZALILAK'S POISON flowing from your lips. A pity. How can one who claims to be FIRST CHOSEN be so BLIND? Surely your teachings allow you to see through that charlatan." Solila continues to stare agrily at MV. MV: "There is the Solila I remember. So much said without words..." Solila (sitting back down looking bothered): "Mistress Vill, who do you torment me with your presence? Is my imprisonment not punishment enough?" MV: "PUNISHMENT? Were the CAVERNS OF RALL a punishment? Or is what you learned there a GIFT? Your trials are what made you who you are, child. And, by Zerta, they continue to this day. Where you find yourself now is no different...punishment? Maybe. More likely a detour that will soon be at its end. It is not your destiny to die here. A KEEPER OF THE LIGHT doesn't meet their end in darkness. Soon you will find your path and resume your journey. Where your path now leads, NO ZERTONIAN has ever ventured. We are here to prepare you for what is to come....and provide you with a UNIQUE ITEM OF POWER which will be essential to your journey."

We see a Quintesson Judge, sitting in his green throne, talking to someone off-panel, using the face of death: "I am more than preparted to PASS JUDGEMENT on you, vile creature. You DARE step foot on Quintessa? You DARE present us with this...transaction? You will be food for our SHARKTICONS before the cycle's end." We now see who stands before the QJ: The Skuxxoid and the Quintesson Prosecutor from before, with QP still in the glowing binds, held by the Skuxxoid from last issue. Skuxxoid: "Your honor, PLEASE. I am but a humble servant--I aim to please, as always. I have provided services to your kind many times in the past. I have no desire to damage that relationship. I am returning this Prosecutor to you, safe and sound, at GREAT EXPENSE to myself. Is it wrong of me to wish to be made WHOLE for my troubles?" QJ (face of bitterness): "This one was transporting a Quintesson SCORPIA. QJ (face of laughter): "It was bound for the fighting arenas on the planet DOMINUS." QJ (face of rage): "It was of TREMENDOUS value to us." QJ (face of doubt): "Where is it?" Skuxxoid: "... Well..." QP: "This wretch allowed the Scorpia to be damaged beyond repair! One of it's claws were severed. He also took me to Cybertron to try and sell--" QJ (face of death again, with Allicons shown walking up and about to take the QP away): "SILENCE! You are a disgrace. Remove this one from my sight. He will be dealt with later. As for you, Skuxxoid... (face of Rage, with the Allicons taking QP away): "Give us ONE reason you should be allowed to leave Quintessa alive." The Skuxxoid looks around to see Allicons coming to take him away too: "I'm just trying to make a living! you can't punish me for that. PLEASE! It's hard out there in the galaxy. You don't know what it's like! I have a wife and--" The Allicons grab him and pull him away. Skuxxoid: "No! No! No!" QJ (face of doubt): "Prepare him for TRIAL." Skuxxoid: "WAIT! I'll be in your debt! I can be useful! I can give you your ship, too! ALL MY SHIPS! My Rockeroid! I have a new ship--both Agorrian and Zertonian origin. RARE METALS not seen in this quadrant!" QJ (still face of doubt): "STOP! Did you say...ZERTONIAN?"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Image Comics' Skybound Entertainment imprint's Void Rivals #'s 1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)

<2874b49f-12db-4ec1-be40-7686634fa960n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8682&group=alt.toys.transformers#8682

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 13:16:27 -0800 (PST)
1-4 and Transformers #1 so far. (SPOILERS)
From: laverionozza@gmail.com (Optim)
 by: Optim - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 21:16 UTC

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 12:55:47 p.m. UTC-4, Evil King Macrocranios wrote:

> I don't know what the long game is here, given they're killing characters off in the first issue. I think this is going to be a wild, short ride. Transformers comic universes haven't been lasting very long lately and I feel like the G1 golden age is now behind us, so this may be the last hurrah of G1 media tie ins.

The first issue reportedly sold out. That is a good sign that G1 media still have life.

I liked the first issue. It is better story-wise and art-wise than any TF comic that IDW or Dreamwave had produced. I like IDW for their Artist Editions but not their TF comics.