Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:56:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Let's Talk About the Hasbro Layoffs
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:56 UTC

On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 11:27:28 AM UTC-7, Codigo Postal wrote:

> I no longer want to support Hasbro with my purchases, even if my dollars are more symbolic than meaningful to the bottom line. If I want to satisfy my fix, I'll buy 3P, KO, or secondhand. Hasbro, a company which claims to be about community and family, is actively hurting communities, families, and children. Hasbro is destroying their employees' safety net, depriving them of health insurance, and forcing them to rely on their savings - all right before the holidays, and all in service to the almighty bottom line.

I honestly can't blame you for feeling that way. I will say, though, that the company is already feeling the pinch, so I wonder if people refusing to support them with their wallets is only going to lead to more layoffs and the firing of more talented, hardworking people in the long run.

I tend not to get too involved in political purchasing. My ex-wife was all about that. She had this whole big, long list of companies whose products she would never buy (Nestle, Carls Jr., etc.) because she didn't like who they supported, or who supported them, or whatever it was. That's too much to keep track of, honestly. I'll buy the things I like.

However, I guess I'm at least partially boycotting Hasbro, but only because they're not making as much product that I want to own. But, I also read recently that due to massive inflation, Americans would need to make $11,400 more now annually to have the same standard of living they enjoyed in 2021.. And I definitely didn't get a $11,000 raise in the last two years. So maybe that's a factor as well.

Zob (needs to just enjoy the many thousands of toys I already own, I think)