The worst cliques are those which consist of one man. -- G. B. Shaw

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also: Buzzworthy Silverstreak)

SubjectAuthor
* Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also:Zobovor
`* Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also:Irrellius Spamticon
 `* Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also:Zobovor
  `- Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also:Evil King Macrocranios

1
Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also: Buzzworthy Silverstreak)

<20902b6e-4e48-4b0d-9ba6-725b3d01136bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8907&group=alt.toys.transformers#8907

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 13:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also:
Buzzworthy Silverstreak)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:15 UTC

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 9:21:53 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> I feel like this toy is incomplete without his guns, so I'm hoping Nonnef Productions comes up with a set of them (they've been setting up a new shop, so they've been slow with new product of late). There are 3D-printed replacement guns already on eBay, but I hate the visible striations, so I'm going to hold out for something that's actually molded plastic.

So, after being unsatisfied with what was being offered, I sort of forgot about getting guns for Skywarp for a while. Then, after I got Core-class Thundercracker to complete the trio, I started lamenting how my Skywarp toy was still incomplete. In the year since Skywarp was originally released, there have been a bunch of upgrade kits made available for him. A lot of them are 3D-printed parts, but I found a seller from China (whose e-store is called Player Land) that was offering injection-molded plastic parts, and I'm super picky about my upgrade kits. I really dislike the 3D-printed stuff..

So, I had a choice between getting black guns for Skywarp or purple, and I chose purple because that's closer to his cartoon look. Black would have matched his existing plastic better, since the shade of purple doesn't quite match his gauntlets and boots. But, it's not awful-looking. The designs of the guns available seem to vary, but these weapons were molded using a set of Starscream guns, so they're a perfect match. No complaints.

The kit I got also came with a couple of blast effects. They seem to have been molded directly from the blast effects that came with Siege Aimless, only they're light blue. They're also translucent styrene instead of PVC, so they're not rubbery and don't really stretch enough to wrap around the tips of Skywarp's guns. I worry I will snap the barrel of Skywarp's gun in half while trying to attach these, so I'll probably just leave them off.

I paid $13.89 for the kit of four parts (two arm guns, two blast effects) but the arm guns by themselves can be had for $10.98 shipped. If I had it to do over again, I would have left the blast effects off, but I didn't know they'd be unusable. Oh, well.

Zob (mowed the lawn for the first time this season, and I'm worried my baby grass will not grow)

Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also: Buzzworthy Silverstreak)

<e72ed7b1-4cb8-4ea5-8a9d-6f938051fd73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8908&group=alt.toys.transformers#8908

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
Buzzworthy Silverstreak)
From: Ob1kenoby@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 04:51 UTC

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 3:15:11 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 9:21:53 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
>
> > I feel like this toy is incomplete without his guns, so I'm hoping Nonnef Productions comes up with a set of them (they've been setting up a new shop, so they've been slow with new product of late). There are 3D-printed replacement guns already on eBay, but I hate the visible striations, so I'm going to hold out for something that's actually molded plastic.
> So, after being unsatisfied with what was being offered, I sort of forgot about getting guns for Skywarp for a while. Then, after I got Core-class Thundercracker to complete the trio, I started lamenting how my Skywarp toy was still incomplete. In the year since Skywarp was originally released, there have been a bunch of upgrade kits made available for him. A lot of them are 3D-printed parts, but I found a seller from China (whose e-store is called Player Land) that was offering injection-molded plastic parts, and I'm super picky about my upgrade kits. I really dislike the 3D-printed stuff.
>
> So, I had a choice between getting black guns for Skywarp or purple, and I chose purple because that's closer to his cartoon look. Black would have matched his existing plastic better, since the shade of purple doesn't quite match his gauntlets and boots. But, it's not awful-looking. The designs of the guns available seem to vary, but these weapons were molded using a set of Starscream guns, so they're a perfect match. No complaints.
>
> The kit I got also came with a couple of blast effects. They seem to have been molded directly from the blast effects that came with Siege Aimless, only they're light blue. They're also translucent styrene instead of PVC, so they're not rubbery and don't really stretch enough to wrap around the tips of Skywarp's guns. I worry I will snap the barrel of Skywarp's gun in half while trying to attach these, so I'll probably just leave them off.
>
> I paid $13.89 for the kit of four parts (two arm guns, two blast effects) but the arm guns by themselves can be had for $10.98 shipped. If I had it to do over again, I would have left the blast effects off, but I didn't know they'd be unusable. Oh, well.
>

> Zob (mowed the lawn for the first time this season, and I'm worried my baby grass will not grow)

Still don't know why painting the guns from an extra Thunercracker wasn't an option. You could even make the extra Seeker Ion Storm or Bitstream.

Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also: Buzzworthy Silverstreak)

<f112be40-dab8-4c87-b681-3300fd5b0c32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8909&group=alt.toys.transformers#8909

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 08:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
Buzzworthy Silverstreak)
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:54 UTC

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 10:51:49 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:
> Still don't know why painting the guns from an extra Thundercracker wasn't an option.

It's not a terrible solution, but then I would have to worry about the paint coming off when the toys are rattling around in a box together. Plastic being cast in the correct color is much more durable.

Zob (and then I'd have a Thundercracker with no guns, which would bother me)

Re: Zob's Thoughts on Legacy Core-Class Iguanus and Skywarp (Also: Buzzworthy Silverstreak)

<6cd5828a-839f-4eb4-a0db-df8dd6ece279n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=8926&group=alt.toys.transformers#8926

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 01:18:15 -0700 (PDT)
Buzzworthy Silverstreak)
From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Tue, 2 May 2023 08:18 UTC

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:54:50 AM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:

> Zob (and then I'd have a Thundercracker with no guns, which would bother me)

It's not Thundercracker, it's a whole new character waiting to be born. Its his brother who always forgets his guns named Gunderslacker.