Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 13:00:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Studio Series '86 Blaster and Eject Retail Listing
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 21:00 UTC

Evidently, they're doing a redeco of the Kingdom Blaster toy, presumably in slightly more cartoonriffic color. this time as a Target exclusive:

https://tformers.com/gi-joe-optimus-prime-86-blaster-mayhem-attack-squad-mixmashers-new-2024-leaked-listings/51629/news.html

The fact that he's paired with Eject again suggests to me that they might do an opaque version of him, rather than the translucent (and highly fragile) plastic of the previous release. I'd love an opaque Rewind and Eject, and I guess I'm willing to buy another Blaster in order to get it. (Aaaaaaand that's how they get us, because we're all suckers.)

There's also a new listing for a Mayhem Deluxe-class 2-pack, and the most obvious conclusion is that it's probably a couple of members of the Mayhem Attack Squad from Marvel Comics. Their roster changed around a little bit, but the team usually consisted of characters like Bludgeon, Octopunch, Stranglehold, Battletrap and Flywheels, Snarler and Carnivac, Spinister and Ruckus and Windsweeper, etc.

This might be a good time to do Beachcomber-as-Ruckus and Needlenose-as-Windsweeper. A less exciting idea would be to bring back Spinister and Flywheels from Siege, and maybe give Spinister a couple of Targetmaster guns this time. I wouldn't love that as much as seeing new characters we haven't gotten yet in neo-G1, though.

Zob (it's Christmas day and I need a nap—what else is new?)