My idea of roughing it is when room service is late.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack

SubjectAuthor
* Images of Trailbreaker from 5-PackZobovor
`* Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-PackGustavoWombat
 `- Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-PackCodigoPostal

1
Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack

<56d4202a-06a3-4142-a12a-6420bd5f7634n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9060&group=alt.toys.transformers#9060

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:38:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 23:38 UTC

Pictures of Trailworthy Trailbreaker are making the rounds:

https://tformers.com/autobot-trailbreaker-inhand-images-from-transformers-generations-buzzworthy-multipack/51816/news.html

So he's a redeco of the Earthrise toy, but he's more of a dark grey, closer to the G1 animation colors. Or maybe he's even slightly too light in color. I'm undecided. His windows are opaque and painted light blue, and there are some other minor color differences as well.

We can infer that everybody from the 5-pack is probably going to be like this, so it's probable that Studio Series '86 Jazz will have his cartoon racing stripes; Earthrise Wheeljack will likely have much lighter grey parts and maybe some different red/green deco; hard to predict exactly what they'll do to Sunstreaker aside from painted blue windows.

The demand for Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker is definitely there, with both Earthrise toys from 2020 selling right now on eBay for anywhere from $50 to $100 or more. There's far less of a demand for Jazz, who was more plentiful, or Wheeljack, an Earthrise toy who also got a Netflix redeco and a Kingdom package refresh, so he was widely available as well.

Zob (predicts there will be a LOT of people parting out the extra toys from the 5-pack on eBay)

Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack

<6a7a3af6d2ed2f00d9063f85c4e5774c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9062&group=alt.toys.transformers#9062

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 09:21:58 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 09:21 UTC

Zobovor wrote:

> We can infer that everybody from the 5-pack is probably going to be like this, so it's probable that Studio Series '86 Jazz will have his cartoon racing stripes; Earthrise Wheeljack will likely have much lighter grey parts and maybe some different red/green deco; hard to predict exactly what they'll do to Sunstreaker aside from painted blue windows.

> The demand for Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker is definitely there, with both Earthrise toys from 2020 selling right now on eBay for anywhere from $50 to $100 or more. There's far less of a demand for Jazz, who was more plentiful, or Wheeljack, an Earthrise toy who also got a Netflix redeco and a Kingdom package refresh, so he was widely available as well.

That Jazz has load bearing translucent plastic that frequently cracks, and was often victim to a lot of yellowing, so I think there might be some collector demand for a solid-plastic-windowed version, with the more recent Hasbro/Takara attempts to avoid yellowing.

And, both Jazz and Sunstreaker had terrible color matching with the paint on the translucent plastic, so if they make those parts out of the same plastic as the body, and just paint the windows in, it's likely to be a lot better. I'm also hoping the transformation panels in the middle of the windows on Sunstreaker are less obvious with the different window material.

Wheeljack seems like a less essential update. The knee-window parts pop off, but this likely won't fix that. Different plastics might make it worse.

I have no feelings about Trailbreaker.

This all does make me wonder if we are going to get a release of all the Earthrise and Kingdom toys to give them more animation accurate windows and decos.

(I do love my Buzzworthy Kup, as I didn't think he really had a windshield in the G1 cartoon, and that toy really nailed it)

Re: Images of Trailbreaker from 5-Pack

<cf405e01d50bff436c74f9f57e4e6bc9@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9065&group=alt.toys.transformers#9065

From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:46:07 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:46 UTC

Animation accurate decos seem to be a great way to get us to double or triple dip (see also, adding superfluous battle damage, then removing it for the next release). We have battle damaged Kingdom Galvatron, followed by cleaned-up Legacy Galvatron, as well as toy-colors Selects Galvatron, and even a newly reformatted Behold Galvatron. Hasbro did a pretty good job getting my money, and I don't even like the mold all that much (transformation is too complex to justify the end result - TR did it better, except for the HM part).

My Jazz hasn't cracked yet, but it feels flimsy and gappy in a way that feels like a step back from RTS (which was nearly perfect, except for the chest not locking down). Who knows, maybe a rerelease will fix some of those QC issues.

I will definitely pick up this boxset. Take my money, Hasbro, take it all...