Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:43:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: New_United_Retailer_Solicitations—Tonka_GoBots,_Ru
ckus,_More
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 03:43 UTC

Here's some fun new information making the rounds on the message boards.

Amazon is getting a two-pack whose point-of-sale description is TRA GEN MAYHEM VOY BLUDGEON & DLX RUCKUS. Bludgeon is a probable redeco of the exising Voyager-class toy, and Ruckus seems like a probable Beachcomber retool.

The Mayhem capsule is supposed to consist of three multi-packs which will include seven toys total. So, we still don't know who the remaining five are for sure. A Needlenose retool as Windsweeper seems highly probable to me, though.

Hasbro Pulse is going to be offering a Generations Selects multipack called TRA GEN SELECTS DLX 3 PAK TREDS PATHFINDER & SMALLFOOT. For those who may not know, those are all the names of Tonka GoBots—specifically, the small subset of characters eHobby made available in the X-Dimension set, which was redeco versions of Mini Autobots.

So, it's very likely we're looking at a green version Kingdom Warpath as a Decepticon, a blue version of Velocitron Cosmos, and an orange/red version of United Gears, who was only just barely revealed a few days ago. (Weird that we're going to end up getting Small Foot before we even get Swerve.) The only one missing from that batch is Powerglide/Bad Boy!

Target is getting the TRA BB GEN SS 2 PACK VOY 86 RATCHET & DLX 86 BRAWN, a battle-damaged set in the same style as the previous Ironhide/Prowl set. Hey, kids, now you can reenact the tragic death scenes that scarred you for life and ruined your childhood!

There is also a TRA OPTIMUS PRIME AND AUTOBOT BULLSEYE, a redeco of the G2 Laser Prime cab coupled with the Earthrise trailer, painted in Target brand livery. Bullseye is Siege Ravage as an Autobot. Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

Walmart is getting a retro version of G1 Optimus Prime (with a trailer this time) as well as a retro G1 Bombshell reissue who quite inexplicably comes with Ramhorn, the Autobot cassette.

It's also been confirmed that TRA GEN LEGACY STARSEEKERS DLX ROADPIG is a redeco of the Crashbar motorcycle mold. I was kind of hoping he'd be designed like the G2 toy, but oh well.

Finally, TRA GEN LEGACY UNI LEADER SOUNDWAVE has been confirmed to be the Netflix Soundwave toy, which is kind of what I'd been expecting. It's been suggested that the price point might allow for as many as four pack-in cassettes. I feel like two is more likely, but I guess we'll see later this year.

Zob (more GoBots is always good)