"I prefer the blunted cudgels of the followers of the Serpent God." -- Sean Doran the Younger

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Images of United Shard and Chromia

SubjectAuthor
* Images of United Shard and ChromiaZobovor
`- Re: Images of United Shard and ChromiaGustavoWombat

1
Images of United Shard and Chromia

<05e59c9a-9e07-4b88-8dd7-5c0b16285a6fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9103&group=alt.toys.transformers#9103

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:32:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Images of United Shard and Chromia
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 00:32 UTC

Images of the toys from United wave two are starting to pop up. We've seen Gears already, of course, and Silverbolt was officially unveiled by Hasbro a while back, but some new ones have been leaked recently.

One of them is Shard, who was previously identified only as "ROCK 2" and is another Deluxe-class Armorizer:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-legacy-united-chromia-and-shard/48032/

As you can see, he turns into a helicopter, and I think that with a complete reshellification, he might make a good G2 Powerdive.

Cyberverse Chromia has also been revealed, and she's a motorcycle, sort of like the Generations toy from 2014:

https://tformers.com/united-chromia-first-look-at-leaked-transformers-legacy-deluxe/51915/news.html

(Please ignore the paints in the background. This is clearly not a custom job, given that the toy has translucent red windshields.)

Anyway, as you can see, she's a redeco of Animated Prowl, with a new head sculpt. Not a particularly feminine-looking body.

More toys that are hard for me to get excited about, if we're being honest. Hopefully we'll see some images of Leader-class Sandstorm soon, because that's a toy that I'm actually really looking forward to.

Zob (not looking forward to paying $55 for Sandstorm, mind, but that's a whole separate issue)

Re: Images of United Shard and Chromia

<81e91e0423f169ffbe18722d941bdd28@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9106&group=alt.toys.transformers#9106

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Images of United Shard and Chromia
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:51:12 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 21:51 UTC

Zobovor wrote:

> Images of the toys from United wave two are starting to pop up. We've seen Gears already, of course, and Silverbolt was officially unveiled by Hasbro a while back, but some new ones have been leaked recently.

> One of them is Shard, who was previously identified only as "ROCK 2" and is another Deluxe-class Armorizer:

> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-legacy-united-chromia-and-shard/48032/

Shard looks terrible. I really don't understand who the Infernacs appeal to. It does have me wondering about the density of rocks in Infernac Prime, the gravity, and the big styrofoam boulders that Captain Kirk was moving about in ST:TOS.

Also, the gem shards look a bit like feathers. There was a Bayverse Velociraptor that had that color scheme, wasn't there?

> As you can see, he turns into a helicopter, and I think that with a complete reshellification, he might make a good G2 Powerdive.

It would be a little clever if they did an Underbase Starscream or Matrix-corrupted Scourge as an Infernac.

> Cyberverse Chromia has also been revealed, and she's a motorcycle, sort of like the Generations toy from 2014:

> https://tformers.com/united-chromia-first-look-at-leaked-transformers-legacy-deluxe/51915/news.html

I love that Generations Chromia, and the design of Cyberverse Chromia from the cartoon. The cockpit motorcycle thing is a great familiar-but-not alt-mode. Worked well for Afterburner, and works well for Chromia.

I don't love that this is just a normal motorcycle. And overall she misses the character model for Cybertron Chromia.

> Anyway, as you can see, she's a redeco of Animated Prowl, with a new head sculpt. Not a particularly feminine-looking body.

Hips wider than the waist? check.
Boob-like bulge on the chest? check.

(Granted, a lot of male Transformers have those features too, given the prevalence of car fronts on chests, and small waists for transformation, but there's often a larger implied waist, and/or backpack kibble giving a more masculine silhouette)

I think the mold is a bit more feminine than masculine. A stocky, muscular feminine, but women come in a variety of shapes. The mold isn't the tall, slender design of Cyberverse Chromia, but perfectly believable as feminine.

Forearms and shins being wider than biceps and thighs is weird. But it's weird on the vast majority of Transformers, and there are a number of other femmebots that have that, so I don't think that's a Cybertronian gender marker.

The color scheme looks a lot like Turbomaster Boss. I know she's meant to be Chromia, but the character model is off so much that I almost think of her as Girl Boss. Pink windshields are really iconic. And now I want her. I'm pondering who has yellow weapons she can abscond with.