Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:45:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Marvel Comics Versions of Grimlock and Shockwave!
From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 00:45 UTC

We're getting versions of Grimlock and Shockwave in classic Marvel Comics color schemes! Check it out, True Believers!

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/transformers-generations-comic-book-shockwave-and-grimlock-figures-unveiled-exclusive/

Grimlock is grey with a bright yellow chest and a blue head and upper legs, and he comes with a crown to wear as well as perhaps as many as three different swords. I wonder if the extra swords are intended to go with the other Dinobots? (Snarl came with one, but Slag and Sludge sure didn't. Not sure what they'll do about Swoop.)

He's got black tampographed deco to sort of mimick the ink shading that they did in the comic book, so it's not a super clean look. But it's kind of cool. He's supposedly going to retail for $59.99. (More than the current typical Leader-class price of $55, I guess because he's got the extra accessories.)

Shockwave is the Siege toy, but without the extra arms and space-surfboard parts, and in a much lighter lavender color this time. I am honestly kind of excited about this. Also, he comes with... wait for it... a platform with the disembodied head of Optimus Prime! I love it! It's a shame there's no Buster Witwicky figure, though. That would make a good set even better.. Shockers reportedly retails for $39.99, which is kind of funny since I think that's how much Leader-class toys were going for in 2019 when he first came out?

I wouldn't hate other toys in this series. Ratchet seems like an obvious one, partly due to his prominence in the comics but also because of the red-helmet colored scheme that people seem to love for some reason. Megatron is another—blue fusion cannon and dark blue helmet. I think a blue-and-white Marvel Comics Jazz would be pretty cool. Or—gasp!—maybe a purple version of Soundwave! MAKE THIS HAPPEN, HASBRO.

Excelsior!

Zob ('nuff said)

Re: Marvel Comics Versions of Grimlock and Shockwave!

<c0e969c3-6af2-4029-bbf2-44c43ada157fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9121&group=alt.toys.transformers#9121

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:14:30 -0800 (PST)
From: liambhart@gmail.com (Swivelbot)
 by: Swivelbot - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 02:14 UTC

On Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 7:45:03 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> We're getting versions of Grimlock and Shockwave in classic Marvel Comics color schemes! Check it out, True Believers!

I don't think I've ever seen Comic Accurate colour schemes for any other characters in toy form other than Ratchet so this is a nice surprise.
> I wouldn't hate other toys in this series. Ratchet seems like an obvious one, partly due to his prominence in the comics but also because of the red-helmet colored scheme that people seem to love for some reason. Megatron is another—blue fusion cannon and dark blue helmet. I think a blue-and-white Marvel Comics Jazz would be pretty cool. Or—gasp!—maybe a purple version of Soundwave! MAKE THIS HAPPEN, HASBRO.

A Purple Soundwave would be perfect, they might even retool his head to give it a mouth.

Swivelbot (Shame Shockwave doesn't come with a backdrop of Issue #5s background, would have been an amazing display piece)

Re: Marvel Comics Versions of Grimlock and Shockwave!

<76f7254a91d7098be82c1f9b1ca7eb39@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9122&group=alt.toys.transformers#9122

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 06:07:42 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 06:07 UTC

Zobovor wrote:

> We're getting versions of Grimlock and Shockwave in classic Marvel Comics color schemes! Check it out, True Believers!

> https://comicbook.com/comics/news/transformers-generations-comic-book-shockwave-and-grimlock-figures-unveiled-exclusive/

> Grimlock is grey with a bright yellow chest and a blue head and upper legs, and he comes with a crown to wear as well as perhaps as many as three different swords. I wonder if the extra swords are intended to go with the other Dinobots? (Snarl came with one, but Slag and Sludge sure didn't. Not sure what they'll do about Swoop.)

> He's got black tampographed deco to sort of mimick the ink shading that they did in the comic book, so it's not a super clean look. But it's kind of cool. He's supposedly going to retail for $59.99. (More than the current typical Leader-class price of $55, I guess because he's got the extra accessories.)

The bright colors really work for the mold. The black striping seems plausible as just "real" robot deco. And... did they paint the insides of his wings?

He looks so silly and happy, and I may have to pick this up.

> Shockwave is the Siege toy, but without the extra arms and space-surfboard parts, and in a much lighter lavender color this time. I am honestly kind of excited about this. Also, he comes with... wait for it... a platform with the disembodied head of Optimus Prime! I love it! It's a shame there's no Buster Witwicky figure, though. That would make a good set even better.. Shockers reportedly retails for $39.99, which is kind of funny since I think that's how much Leader-class toys were going for in 2019 when he first came out?

I like the lavender, but the black stripes and dots are a little offputting to me. And I liked the Siege armor. I think I'm ok skipping this.

If they went with ActionMaster deco, on the other hand, I would have to buy that. Fun colors will win me over, even if it is just some bright orange details.

> I wouldn't hate other toys in this series. Ratchet seems like an obvious one, partly due to his prominence in the comics but also because of the red-helmet colored scheme that people seem to love for some reason. Megatron is another—blue fusion cannon and dark blue helmet. I think a blue-and-white Marvel Comics Jazz would be pretty cool. Or—gasp!—maybe a purple version of Soundwave! MAKE THIS HAPPEN, HASBRO.

There aren't any Marvel character decos that I want out of any particular love of the marvel designs, but Grimlock looks great, so I might be surprised and want others as well.

Re: Marvel Comics Versions of Grimlock and Shockwave!

<611c0b60b8feefc511939634b5930b09@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9124&group=alt.toys.transformers#9124

From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:16:15 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:16 UTC

These look fantastic. I'd also love to see a Marvel-accurate Powermaster Prime, since that's the form he used for so many classic adventures, especially during the Furman run.