From: Ob1kenoby@att.net (IrrelliusSpamticon)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: ok some toy reviews now that Nova actually works (Sorry if this duplicates)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:30:08 +0000
 by: IrrelliusSpamticon - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:30 UTC

I've been lurking lately, holidays and a sick cat have been taking my time. The holidays are over and I had to put the cat down a week ago Sunday.

I wrote up a whole lot over about 2 hours on a lot of the toys I got recently, and Nov BBS lost most of it because it keeps saying failed to authenticate. I posted this through Google last night and it also apparently didn't show up outside of Google so sorry if this ends up a double post. I'm trying to learn it here.

I got Deathsaurus for Christmas, he's great, Eaglechest is great, Tigerchest s great, all the accessories had a lot of thought put into them. The only part that sucks is the flight stand is pretty useless and is the only thing with no alternate storage options.

Pipo and Boater differ fro the Siege Micromasters , they don't have weapon modes or blast effect mounts.

I got Ironpaw, KFC Steeljaw, and he's very cute but ultimately a very good use of space with his bigger than a cassette should be lion mode.

Kingdom Rinox was a disappointment, the having to bend plastic too much to transform him was a turn off, he didn't live up to the T30

Studio Gamer Cliffjumper was also a disappointment, too much plastic bending, too much leg popping off, his accessories seemed like an afterthought after the Deluxe from ~10 years ago. I got rid of him too.

Studio ROTB Mirage was great. His clear plastic hood and feet give me pause bot so far there's been no issues and he looks really good in both modes. a real licensed Porche when we've had many near-licensed things in the recent past.

I got Diphlocon and JP12 because I needed more on an Amazon order for free shipping (I ended up returning the thing I thought I needed) The set comes in a giant box, with a lot of loose space, and mine had a dino tail rattling around in it. It tries to recreate the hill scene from the movie, with 1 at the top, 1 at the bottom, on a green background completely covered over by plan tan cardboard to make the backdrop pointless and almost impossible to get out.

Diplocon is pretty cool, his frill comes off but I don't exactly know why, you can't hide the big 5mm frill mounts on his dino head. I guess they could be some kind of handheld blades? The posts are very short for that. His tail is very BW Megatron Alligator in that it's a gun, but he also has a aerosol style blast effect spray for his tail or his dino mouth. It's a nice new mold but I'm disappointed his dino mode and robot mode both seem unfinished. He has hip covers for dino mode which slide down for robot mode to reveal....more dinosaur hips under the dinosaur hips and I don't know why, as the covers don't fit in well in dinosaur mode You can also see his robot arms clearly in his belly.

JP12 has a yellow hardhat, tow winch gun, dinosaur embryos, and shaving can disguise. It's a very well engineered piece, with the vehicle mode having all clear windows with front seats, ack seats, and a steering wheel visible inside. He's a very good jeep that to me was a better jeep than Siege hound mold.

Legacy Detrius I got just to see how hound would be, and while it's a very good update he still has so much Siege left in the mold

Legacy Prime Univere Skyquake. He's just not the character, compared to the Prime Skyquake I already have. I guess he's G1 Skyquake but not really. He's well made but I might go for him again if he comes out as Machine Wars Starscream, people seem to be expecting. Needlenose can attach to his back like the G1 Skyquake attaches Predator jets to his back, but this isn't G1. Not that I' have any connection to G1 Skyquake.

Legacy Beast Sandstorm - Yes, he's Scorponok repainted a an obscure 3H story character, but he's also the recreation of the toy I couldn't afford at my first Botcon. The first time I ever went to Botcon I was still in high school, had no job, and could save up just enough to get there, but didn't have any money left for food lodgings or toys. I'll pay $4 to finally get a souvenir, even if it's not the original.

Legacy Prime Universe Knock Out - got him in a Walmart clearance 2 pack for $7, he's a good toy on his own but like the Prime Universe Legacy Arcee he's just not the show character, and I have probably 2 or 3 copies of his Prime toy and even with a bad shoulder chest mechanism he's still better than the Legacy version.

Studio 86 Arcee - I resisted for a long time, until the 2 pack was on clearance for $4 this time. I originally had the Earthrise, then got the T30, and now this one. I see why some people like the Studio over the T30, but the T30 just looks a little bland, and the demonic smirk on her face looks like she's about to tell you she just killed some puppies or something. So many reused parts, and both have their benefits so I'm not sure which is better at this point. I like T30's multiple gun and using the hips as part of the car to reduce having as much car backpack, but the Studio folds the backpack better but her accordion belly doesn't anchor her torso very well at all.

Legacy United Tasmania Kid - He came in at work and I played with him all day with one hand while I updated database entries. He's actually well engineered and pretty cute. He has limited articulation but for a core figure it's not too bad. Ultimately he was the only one we'd gotten so far so I left him for someone else.

Re: ok some toy reviews now that Nova actually works (Sorry if this duplicates)

<9ac57eb29d7171c97effc803d1fad1f5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9181&group=alt.toys.transformers#9181

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (gustavowombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: ok some toy reviews now that Nova actually works (Sorry if this
duplicates)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:18:04 +0000
 by: gustavowombat - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:18 UTC

IrrelliusSpamticon wrote:

> I've been lurking lately, holidays and a sick cat have been taking my time. The holidays are over and I had to put the cat down a week ago Sunday.

Oh, poor kitty. I hope she had a mostly happy life, chasing things and getting chased and doing all those cat things.

> I wrote up a whole lot over about 2 hours on a lot of the toys I got recently, and Nov BBS lost most of it because it keeps saying failed to authenticate. I posted this through Google last night and it also apparently didn't show up outside of Google so sorry if this ends up a double post. I'm trying to learn it here.

Lovely. Computers are awful.

> Pipo and Boater differ fro the Siege Micromasters , they don't have weapon modes or blast effect mounts.

They’re the best of the modern Micromasters. So very solid and well decoed.

> Kingdom Rinox was a disappointment, the having to bend plastic too much to transform him was a turn off, he didn't live up to the T30

I want to like that toy, but I just can’t. I think the best plain beast Rhinox might have been the original.

> Studio Gamer Cliffjumper was also a disappointment, too much plastic bending, too much leg popping off, his accessories seemed like an afterthought after the Deluxe from ~10 years ago. I got rid of him too.

I had really liked Optimus and Barricade from this line (Barricade has flaws, but they’re not the type of flaws that bother me), but Bumblebee was a complete waste, and Megatron… ok.

> Legacy Beast Sandstorm - Yes, he's Scorponok repainted a an obscure 3H story character, but he's also the recreation of the toy I couldn't afford at my first Botcon. The first time I ever went to Botcon I was still in high school, had no job, and could save up just enough to get there, but didn't have any money left for food lodgings or toys. I'll pay $4 to finally get a souvenir, even if it's not the original.

I think I need to set up a scorpion shrine. I think we have enough different scorpion transformers that it could work well.

> Legacy Prime Universe Knock Out - got him in a Walmart clearance 2 pack for $7, he's a good toy on his own but like the Prime Universe Legacy Arcee he's just not the show character, and I have probably 2 or 3 copies of his Prime toy and even with a bad shoulder chest mechanism he's still better than the Legacy version.

I kind of like him as a G1 Knock Out (which doesn’t exist), but not as an update the Prime character.

> Studio 86 Arcee - I resisted for a long time, until the 2 pack was on clearance for $4 this time. I originally had the Earthrise, then got the T30, and now this one. I see why some people like the Studio over the T30, but the T30 just looks a little bland, and the demonic smirk on her face looks like she's about to tell you she just killed some puppies or something. So many reused parts, and both have their benefits so I'm not sure which is better at this point. I like T30's multiple gun and using the hips as part of the car to reduce having as much car backpack, but the Studio folds the backpack better but her accordion belly doesn't anchor her torso very well at all.

T30 looks so much better to me with the black parts. Lass authentic, but just a better color scheme. And Studio has problems holding together, which really, really bothers me. Nice to have a more authentic color scheme and vehicle and not be a complete disaster like Kingdom, but still not great.

> Legacy United Tasmania Kid - He came in at work and I played with him all day with one hand while I updated database entries. He's actually well engineered and pretty cute. He has limited articulation but for a core figure it's not too bad. Ultimately he was the only one we'd gotten so far so I left him for someone else.

He’s so cute.