"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere." -- Dr. Seuss

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

SubjectAuthor
* (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last DecadeJames Nicoll
`* Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last DecadeJoy Beeson
 +* Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last DecadeJames Nicoll
 |`- Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last DecadePaul S Person
 `- Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last DecadeSteve Coltrin

1
(tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

<uhodeg$qtq$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=91828&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91828

From: jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:09:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:09 UTC

Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

Stories to share as Halloween approaches.

https://www.tor.com/2023/10/30/five-gripping-ghost-stories-from-the-last-decade/

Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

<u231kitli181to42gckllnqqsa2ptbdoc2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=91872&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91872

From: jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 01:11:55 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 05:11 UTC

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:09:20 -0000 (UTC), jdnicoll@panix.com (James
Nicoll) wrote:

> Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade
>
> Stories to share as Halloween approaches.
>
> https://www.tor.com/2023/10/30/five-gripping-ghost-stories-from-the-last-decade/

I wonder why clicking "no style" to evade the "Are you between 13-15
years old?" bug makes all the even-numbered comments "unread
comments"?

The actual comments appear as sub-comments under the odd-numbered
comments.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

<uhr0dc$pif$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=91875&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91875

From: jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:45:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:45 UTC

In article <u231kitli181to42gckllnqqsa2ptbdoc2@4ax.com>,
Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:
>On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:09:20 -0000 (UTC), jdnicoll@panix.com (James
>Nicoll) wrote:
>
>> Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade
>>
>> Stories to share as Halloween approaches.
>>

>https://www.tor.com/2023/10/30/five-gripping-ghost-stories-from-the-last-decade/
>

>I wonder why clicking "no style" to evade the "Are you between 13-15
>years old?" bug makes all the even-numbered comments "unread
>comments"?
>
>The actual comments appear as sub-comments under the odd-numbered
>comments.

FYI, I do forward complaints like this, in the hope the technical issues
will be addressed.

Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

<m21qdargw2.fsf@kelutral.omcl.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=91878&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91878

From: spcoltri@omcl.org (Steve Coltrin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:44:13 -0600
 by: Steve Coltrin - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:44 UTC

begin fnord
Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> writes:

> I wonder why clicking "no style" to evade the "Are you between 13-15
> years old?" bug makes all the even-numbered comments "unread
> comments"?

I wonder why people between 13 and 15 are particularly radioactive.

--
Steve Coltrin spcoltri@omcl.org Google Groups killfiled here
"A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel

Re: (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade

<n3a2kidr3grjqora4mbjt6lgsl5gph4rap@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=91891&group=rec.arts.sf.written#91891

From: psperson@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:19:11 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:19 UTC

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:45:16 -0000 (UTC), jdnicoll@panix.com (James
Nicoll) wrote:

>In article <u231kitli181to42gckllnqqsa2ptbdoc2@4ax.com>,
>Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:
>>On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:09:20 -0000 (UTC), jdnicoll@panix.com (James
>>Nicoll) wrote:
>>
>>> Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade
>>>
>>> Stories to share as Halloween approaches.
>>>

>>https://www.tor.com/2023/10/30/five-gripping-ghost-stories-from-the-last-decade/
>>

>>I wonder why clicking "no style" to evade the "Are you between 13-15
>>years old?" bug makes all the even-numbered comments "unread
>>comments"?
>>
>>The actual comments appear as sub-comments under the odd-numbered
>>comments.
>>
>FYI, I do forward complaints like this, in the hope the technical issues
>will be addressed.

Please keep forwarding and keep hoping, but this reeks to me of the
"we never look at our website so we have no idea what you are talking
about and have no intention of finding out" problem.

Still, at least they haven't raised the walls, closed the gates, and
filled the moat with piranha, as some businesses clearly have. At
least, not to you and (presumably) other content-providers.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / (tor dot com) Five Gripping Ghost Stories From the Last Decade