From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Studio Series '86 Megatron and Galvatron Coming
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:32:49 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:32 UTC

In their apparent quest to ensure that every single character who appeared on screen in The Transformers: the Movie eventually gets a Studio Series toy, here are some recent retailer solicitations, likely for the 2025 product year:

TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES LDR 86 GALVATRON
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES LDR 86 MEGATRON

Fans are left wondering whether Galvatron will be a redeco version of the Kingdom toy (perhaps in a shade of purple closer to the blue end of the spectrum, with an opaque cannon), or whether it's an all-new design, or whether they pull a Studio Series Arcee and combine together new engineering and sculpting with older elements. It seems unlikely to me they'll create an entirely new Galvatron from the ground up, when the Kingdom toy was quite serviceable, but it remains to be seen.

People have been asking Hasbro about a Studio Series '86 version of Megatron for a while now, and Hasbro's response was that he would "most likely be a tank" if they were to ever do one. Well, I guess the only real question is whether they'll incorporate some kind of "submarine" mode into his design, either documented or undocumented. Hey, it's not Hasbro's fault if they market the toy as a tank, but some enterprising fans discover that you can ignore the instructions and fold him up into a shape that vaguely approximates a gun. Fans gotta be fans, you know?

Zob (I mean, just look at Sixshot and Shockwave...)

Re: Studio Series '86 Megatron and Galvatron Coming

<42c91c36fc4882244bce17daa7001d30@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9201&group=alt.toys.transformers#9201

From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:41:22 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:41 UTC

I'd be happy with a new Galvatron. Legacy Galvy checks off all the boxes, but there's something just ineffable about the mold that doesn't quite resonate. It's possibly the overly large cannon, the hip flaps that get in the way of posing and transformation, or the transformation that's a little too involved and not really needed (TR Galvatron had the perfect transformation, IMHO, minus the Headmaster gimmick).

Re: Studio Series '86 Megatron and Galvatron Coming

<a90dd6089c0ea59922c1f392a145169b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9217&group=alt.toys.transformers#9217

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 11:08:58 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 11:08 UTC

I would be very amused if Studio Series 86 Megatron was Earthrise Megatron with lots of battle damage.

What on screen deaths and dismemberments are we still missing toys for?

Re: Studio Series '86 Megatron and Galvatron Coming

<6a3f70610950d470db53e0c387f97af7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9218&group=alt.toys.transformers#9218

From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (GoBackaTron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 16:12:08 +0000
 by: GoBackaTron - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 16:12 UTC

GustavoWombat wrote:
> I would be very amused if Studio Series 86 Megatron was Earthrise Megatron with lots of battle damage.

A run of battle damaged Studio Ultra Magnus with one tiny spot of shiny on his shoulder from Junkion car wax would be a hoot.

> What on screen deaths and dismemberments are we still missing toys for?

The easy redecos would be Wheeljack and Windcharger, maybe Thundercracker and Skywarp.

As far as memorable movie mutilations, Starscream needs a crumbling grey ash version, a Sharkticon with their shark face peeled off would be good, roadkill Insecticons would also be good. But most of those ideas need new tooling to really capture the carnage.

Maybe they could rerelease HasLab Unicron with a properly exploded head, bloated exploding abdomen, and removable leg with jiggly wires sticking out.