From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: United 5-Pack on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 01:40:48 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 01:40 UTC

With zero warning, Hasbro dropped this today:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-selects-legacy-united-autobots-stand-united-5-pack-figures

...And it's already sold out. Didn't take very long at all.

Right now, Big Bad Toy Store still has it in stock:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/268319

The five-pack (which contains Trailbreaker and Wheeljack, who have leaked previously, as well as Sunstreaker and Jazz and of course Hound) is officially named "Autobots United," which is eminently appropriate, being part of the United toy line proper.

Man, Hasbro sure knows how to get us. Just throw in four older toys in a slightly different deco that a lot of people already got, and they'll still shell out $109.99 just for Hound, unquestionably the most desirable piece in the set. He remains one of the only Autobots from Siege who has yet to get a proper Earth mode toy, until now. Hasbro could have sold him on his own, as a regular retail release, but they knew fans would jump all over an expensive multi-pack. (It does seems strange to get a cartoon redeco version but to never get the regular deco version. I actually wonder if he might get a single release at some point down the road, perhaps a few years from now.)

This is our first good look at Jazz and Sunstreaker, who, as predicted, have the opaque light blue windows. Sunstreaker looks like he might be a darker shade of yellow than the Earthrise toy, more in synch with his animated appearance, and he's got some new deco like a large Autobot symbol on his hood (which disappears when he transforms, since the true hood forms the underside of his feet) and some new black detailing on his shoulders. They seem to have fixed the odd color matching problem the Earthrise toy had, which was two distinct and obviously different shades of yellow.

Jazz has some alternate deco as compared to the Studio Series '86 release, like new racing stripes above the rear wheel wells. Honestly, the Studio Series toy got his colors right the first time, so not a lot of changes were made, or needed. I almost think the opaque windows work against him, from an aesthetics perspective, because it reminds me of the Pretender Classics toy and how cheaply that version was made as compared to the Diaclone-era release. But, without the translucent windows, he's likely a much more durable toy over the long term.

Hound looks pretty good. It's worth mentioning that his color scheme is actually different than the original "Buzzworthy Hound" digital mock-up that leaked last year. The proposed Buzzworthy version had a silver metallic painted rifle and shoulder missile, and the final version has dull grey weapons. Also, the United version has a greyish-green color for the engine, the robot face, the upper legs, and the hubcaps. This weird green color is more correct for the cartoon, but it wasn't present at all on the digital mock-up. The final version also has an additional yellow stripe on the forearms that the Buzzworthy photo lacked.

The set is scheduled to ship in July 2024.

Zob (excited that there's finally something this year to spend money on, besides the new LEGO R2-D2)

Re: United 5-Pack on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS

<82f0da88f62a33420b9e44d93153c293@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9239&group=alt.toys.transformers#9239

From: liambhart@gmail.com (Swivelbot)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: United 5-Pack on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 02:46:33 +0000
 by: Swivelbot - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 02:46 UTC

Zobovor Wrote
>With zero warning, Hasbro dropped this today:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-selects-legacy-united-autobots-stand-united-5-pack-figures

...And it's already sold out. Didn't take very long at all.

Right now, Big Bad Toy Store still has it in stock:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/268319

I'm absolutely sure this will restock and that this is exactly what Hasbro wanted to happen

>Man, Hasbro sure knows how to get us. Just throw in four older toys in a slightly different deco that a lot of people already got, and they'll still shell out $109.99 just for Hound, unquestionably the most desirable piece in the set. He remains one of the only Autobots from Siege who has yet to get a proper Earth mode toy, until now.

I missed out on Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker when they were first released, my 86 Jazz's roof broke (as it does) and Wheeljack is the only one I'm conflicted about, not only because I already own Earthrise Wheeljack but also because of how little green there is on the new one. But the new one is actually white instead of the strange off-white used for the Earthrise version

> Hound looks pretty good. It's worth mentioning that his color scheme is actually different than the original "Buzzworthy Hound" digital mock-up that leaked last year. The proposed Buzzworthy version had a silver metallic painted rifle and shoulder missile, and the final version has dull grey weapons. Also, the United version has a greyish-green color for the engine, the robot face, the upper legs, and the hubcaps. This weird green color is more correct for the cartoon, but it wasn't present at all on the digital mock-up. The final version also has an additional yellow stripe on the forearms that the Buzzworthy photo lacked.

Hound was likely planned to show up in this five-pack before the single release in the worlds most confusing toyline was canned.

Swivelbot (I swear that if this set isn't made available here in Canada without a huge headache I might murder)