From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Star Raiders and Starscream
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 10:23:10 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 10:23 UTC

The next Wal-Mart capsule line has been leaked?/revealed?

Star Raiders are pirates under the leadership of Thundertron, and were originally conceived of as third season TF:Prime villains, but that idea was scrapped, and then they popped up in BotCon sets.

https://tformers.com/star-raiders-walmart-exclusive-capsule-figures-revealed-lockdown-filch-canonball-ferak/52187/news.html

Cannonball looks terrible. Yet another Crankcase remold. I assume there will be a Cybertron Red Alert from this, and that it will also look terrible.

Farak (Hussein Obama) is a mostly white Cyclonus with red and gray details, and actually looks kind of nice. New wings.

Filtch (NOT FELTCH!) is a remold of Kingdom Airrazor with wings on the arms, and I'm really curious to see what her beast mode looks like. She was originally in RID2015, but never got a meaningful toy, so I'm possibly interested.

Lockdown is from a Junkeon mold, and looks great, if short. Unfortunately, this is the mold that has the arms that are a real pain in the ass.

****

Also, someone found Cybertron Starscream on the shelves in Chile, and he looks amazing. Not quite as good looking as the Cybertron/Galaxy-Force voyager mold, but more posable, which can be a decent tradeoff. It's hard to redo one of the best toys ever.

https://tformers.com/united-cybertron-universe-starscream-packaging-images-for-legacy-voyager/52183/news.html

A little underpainted, as the nipple guns are unpained (and cannot move up and be used).

If the mold plays as well as it looks, I hope Hasbro pumps out all the other Seekers even though they never used this design.

One image makes it look like the wing sections are attached with 5mm pegs, so it might be interesting to see if those get swapped around in the inevitable redecos or remolds -- not sure who or what might have different wings. Mildly worried that the wings won't stay tight because of this.

Re: Star Raiders and Starscream

<3bcec72e163d65e14f2b1c253cb873ba@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9269&group=alt.toys.transformers#9269

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Star Raiders and Starscream
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 15:11:31 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 15:11 UTC

GustavoWombat wrote:

> Star Raiders are pirates under the leadership of Thundertron, and were originally conceived of as third season TF:Prime villains, but that idea was scrapped, and then they popped up in BotCon sets.

They went from calling the set Star Seekers (which is what they were actually called in the BotCon stories) to Star Raiders (which just reminds me of the old 1980's Atari video game).

> Cannonball looks terrible. Yet another Crankcase remold. I assume there will be a Cybertron Red Alert
> from this, and that it will also look terrible.

That's like the... sixth?... use of the Skids/Crankcase design? They sure are getting their money's worth out of that design. Way to milk it, Hasbro, until that udder is good and raw.

> Farak (Hussein Obama) is a mostly white Cyclonus with red and gray details, and actually looks kind of
> nice. New wings.

So I see a slightly modified Cyclonus, and my first thought is how neat it would be to get the remolded version in Cyclonus colors to represent his alternate Floro Dery design (which was mostly used in Marvel Comics, but also cartoon episodes like "Starscream's Ghost" and parts of "The Rebirth"). But, the wings would need to fold over onto his back like the G1 toy, and I don't see that here. 'Tis a shame.

> Filtch (NOT FELTCH!) is a remold of Kingdom Airrazor with wings on the arms, and I'm really curious to
> see what her beast mode looks like. She was originally in RID2015, but never got a meaningful toy, so
> I'm possibly interested.

Just because you said that, I'm going to call her Feltch every time we talk about her from now on.

She's neat looking, certainly. I like her colors a lot. The wings on her arms remind me of Transmetal Terrorsaur. But, I won't be getting her.

> Lockdown is from a Junkeon mold, and looks great, if short. Unfortunately, this is the mold that has the
> arms that are a real pain in the ass.

Apparently a lot of people were predicting that this was going to happen. Which version of Lockdown is this supposed to represent? He doesn't remind me of any iteration of the character that I'm familiar with.

I'm generally uninterested in this entire capsule, if we're being honest. Which is great for me, I suppose, since I sort of begrudgingly spent a lot of money on the Toxitron capsule, and I'm glad I won't have to do that again.

> Also, someone found Cybertron Starscream on the shelves in Chile, and he looks amazing. Not quite as
> good looking as the Cybertron/Galaxy-Force voyager mold, but more posable, which can be a decent
> tradeoff. It's hard to redo one of the best toys ever.

Somewhere around here I've got the big Supreme-class version of that toy, from 2005 or thereabouts. At the time, I really wanted him because I thought it was the closest thing we were ever going to get to an official tetrajet toy, but of course Siege came along eventually and gave us a bunch of those. If I had to do it over again, I would have waited. But, of course, there's no way to know what's coming down the pike in the future. It would be interesting to talk to my younger self. I doubt I could convince him to not buy stuff. ("Sure, this seems appealing now, but if you just wait about 14 years...")

Zob (well, more money to spend on vintage G1)