From: sarah@kernowgirl.co.uk (VelvetGlove)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:34:48 +0000
 by: VelvetGlove - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:34 UTC
Attachments: IMG_6170.jpeg (image/jpeg)

So it suddenly occurred to me that I owned quite a lot of the toys for the characters in the fic I've been working on... One purchase of Studio Series Wheelie later, and I was able to create my own Reservoir Dogs style teaser poster for the upcoming story. Which is hopefully attached to this post in some form, if NovaBBS is to be trusted.

Granted, I have no real photography equipment, have forgotten how to photoshop and made some terrible lighting choices, but this was ridiculously satisfying. In case anybody's wondering, I gave Rewind a simple LEGO mod; couldn't figure out a way to replicate Steeljaw's missing weapons though.

Velvet Glove (The actual fanfic should be posted in a couple of days; I'm letting it sit before making a final editing pass)

Attachments: IMG_6170.jpeg
Re: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you

<f906422589d24421dd08b834340a47c4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9307&group=alt.toys.transformers#9307

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 14:22:06 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 14:22 UTC

VelvetGlove wrote:

> So it suddenly occurred to me that I owned quite a lot of the toys for the characters in the fic I've been working on... One purchase of Studio Series Wheelie later, and I was able to create my own Reservoir Dogs style teaser poster for the upcoming story. Which is hopefully attached to this post in some form, if NovaBBS is to be trusted.

I had no idea you could attach pictures to posts! This is a game changer.

Also, I must confess that I was not familiar with the Reservior Dogs poster in question, so I had to look it up. But having seen it now, you matched the poses of the characters nicely. Looking forward to reading the fanfic!

Zob (cats had a major case of the zoomies and woke me up waaaaaay too early this morning)

Re: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you

<c0a06f0d34d751ecd9fa6ac85ccc4a73@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9308&group=alt.toys.transformers#9308

From: sarah@kernowgirl.co.uk (VelvetGlove)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:16:45 +0000
 by: VelvetGlove - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:16 UTC

Zobovor wrote:
> I had no idea you could attach pictures to posts! This is a game changer.

I know, right?? I had noticed the button for adding a file and I thought I'd see how it worked. I'm unlikely to get a lot of use out of it, but it'd probably come in handy for toy review stuff and it would be lovely if some of you guys could start posting fanart!

Ocean's 11 did something very similar for its poster, and it's become sort of a standard look for heist movies. Ironically, this won't be a heist fic, but I'm having a crack at the genre for the next one--so if anybody wants to replicate this style but with the Constructicons and Soundwave, please share the result!

Velvet Glove (The Wheelie fic *might* get posted tomorrow, since I want to get on with that next story now)

Re: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you

<ut4vj1$32pmf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9309&group=alt.toys.transformers#9309

From: Travoltron@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:31:27 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:31 UTC

On 3/16/2024 7:22 AM, Zobovor wrote:
> I had no idea you could attach pictures to posts!  This is a game changer.

So here's the thing. The "rules" of Usenet were that you weren't
supposed to post pics on newsgroups like this one, only ones with
"binaries" in the name.

So whatever she posted has been completely filtered out by
eternal.september.org. I see only your reply to it.

Re: Photo - Coming Soon to a fanfic near you

<eec38b4464e5ad4877d24339ef3b7a2d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9311&group=alt.toys.transformers#9311

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:34:58 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:34 UTC

Travoltron wrote:

> So here's the thing. The "rules" of Usenet were that you weren't
> supposed to post pics on newsgroups like this one, only ones with
> "binaries" in the name.

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten all about that. Makes sense, though.

Well, just as a reminder (to Velvet Glove and e'rbody else) you can post pictures on Reddit, and as the sole moderator on r/AltToysTransformers, I promise I won't remove content as long as it's reasonably Transformers-related. So that's an option as well.

Zob (it's just that, y'know, I went to all the trouble to make it...)